View Full Version : Iberia Parish Jail

LifeTraveler
10-18-2008, 11:16 PM
I just wanted to put this out here so that others will know.

The Iberia Parish Jail has to be one of the worst in Louisiana. The jail itself is in deplorable condition. There is mold everywhere, and that can be deadly all by itself. What little food they do give them is horrible and usually cold by the time they get fed. If your inmate becomes ill, God help them. Visiting is one hour a week with a lovely glass plate between you.

Sarancam416
09-04-2017, 11:27 AM
I just wanted to put this out here so that others will know.

The Iberia Parish Jail has to be one of the worst in Louisiana. The jail itself is in deplorable condition. There is mold everywhere, and that can be deadly all by itself. What little food they do give them is horrible and usually cold by the time they get fed. If your inmate becomes ill, God help them. Visiting is one hour a week with a lovely glass plate between you.They have changed visiting, i know this is an old post but for anyone seeking info on iberia parish jail my husband is currently there. Visiting is now through a screen for 15 mins. Not even behind the glass anymore. They have a kiosk (computer thing) in each dorm and the inmate has to schedule the visit with his loved one on there. They must call or write and give you day and time, then you have to call that day and make sure visit was approved. I wouldn't call tille after 9 am because every morning administration gives them a list of approved visits. This is a horrible jail i agree. My husband has said the same thing about the mold. The staff is rude and unhelpful. I have missed 2 visits..1) no one answered the phone to see if visit was approved and 2) visit was scheduled for 10:20 called at 10 am and staff still had no list. I asked how i was supposed to know if visit was approved for 10:20 if u still have no list at 10 am. Needless to say she couldn't answer that question. My husband is a doc inmate and has done time before never at this jail, he requested a geographical transfer as he is orginally from evangeline parish and the warden told him you aint going nowhere. From what i have read on here its hard to get transferred. He hasnt been sentenced yet, his parole was revoked and has new charges. His next court date is oct. 4 hopefully they come with a plea bargain before then so we know what kind of time he is looking at. But i agree this is a horrible jail. The phone services are through city tele coin and u can pay for visits at home on ur phone tablet or computer if it helps anyone looking for info.