View Full Version : Has there been recent (oct 08) riot in Co Jails?

luckykitty5
10-17-2008, 09:50 PM
My son was at Men's Central and is now back at Wayside.
He is telling us that there was a huge (race) riot at Central sometime last weekend. He said there was a lockdown during the weekend.

He's not always honest (to say the least) - and/or he talks too much and believes everything he hears.

He says it happened in the yard - probably 500 men involved. Of course, he says he was involved and beat-up. Maybe looking for sympathy from mom & family. He's really sketchy on the details.
I can't find anything on google or local papers.

Any info on any riots in any jails in LA county?

Thanks for any help.

Itsy_6
10-17-2008, 09:55 PM
My son was at Men's Central and is now back at Wayside.
He is telling us that there was a huge (race) riot at Central sometime last weekend. He said there was a lockdown during the weekend.

He's not always honest (to say the least) - and/or he talks too much and believes everything he hears.

He says it happened in the yard - probably 500 men involved. Of course, he says he was involved and beat-up. Maybe looking for sympathy from mom & family. He's really sketchy on the details.
I can't find anything on google or local papers.

Any info on any riots in any jails in LA county?

Thanks for any help.

My guy is at MJC and he has not said anything about a riot. I do know that somthing did happen a few days ago and the phones and TV were shut off at 1pm till about 11 pm
From what im told race riots dont really happen there. u just kinda stick with your "own people"
My guy is hispanic and his neighboring bunk mates are black. they all talk to each other but they cannot mess around with each other & they have to stick to there own showers and stuff.
They all try to get along because they want to get their visits and watch TV

So again i have not heard anything about any sort of race war

Lipstick
10-17-2008, 10:37 PM
I did hear of a Riot at Pitchess but it was on 9/19. Here's the link for the story.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-riot20-2008sep20,0,6737418.story

luckykitty5
10-17-2008, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I say the stories on the riot in September. I think he must have recently heard about it - I don't know how fast info travels around the jails - why he would think that it happened this past weekend. But, maybe when the phones were shut off, he heard rumors and just assumed that they were the cause.
But he always has to elaborate on the lies - telling us that he was there, and involved, and forced to join the side of his race, and interviewed by deputies, etc. You can see that these stories of his get pretty outrageous.
Its too bad he can't be believed, its really going to hurt him sometimes - or worse somebody's going to hurt him because of it.
Thanks for any info trying to figure out what he's talking about.