View Full Version : LOCKDOWN *** List of all South Carolina prison lockdowns ***

Kahlan
11-06-2008, 08:13 AM
Please place all messages about lockdowns in this thread.

When the lockdown is over, please post that too.

I'm making this thread a sticky so that it will be easy to find for those who are planning visits and / or stressing out about the phone not ringing.

HANG IN THERE! They usually don't last very long.

Kahlan

Call the Central Visitation Center's Inquiry Line at 803-896-1838 for prisons that have canceled visitation because of security concerns (press #2).

rebk
11-09-2008, 10:55 PM
I received a call yesterday from my friend that has been in lockdown for two months now in USP Atwater in Ca. He said that they are being given two hours now daily to get out of their cells to shower and make phone calls as well. He said that he doesn't know the last day of the lockdown yet but he is hoping is pretty soon.

donutandpickle
11-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Does anyone know if Ridgeland is/was on lockdown? I'm losing it here. I was trying to avoid calling the institution because they are always rude. I guess I will in the morning because i'm running out of patience but if anyone knows before then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

donutandpickle
11-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Ok I called and Ridgeland is on lockdown. Not sure yet when they will be off.

missingtyrone
11-19-2008, 11:26 AM
My husband called me last night around 6pm and told me that the prison was going on lock-down and he didn't know why and he didn't know how long it was going to last. He usually calls me 2 times a day and he never called back after I talked to him at 6, so I am sure that they are still on lockdown. If anyone knows why or anyone has anything else to add PLEASEEEEE let me know because it drives me crazy whenever I don't know what is going on and if he is alright, etc.:sad&blue:

donutandpickle
11-19-2008, 04:25 PM
Ridgeland is off lockdown. Thank god cause i'm having withdrawls from not hearing my honey's voice lol.

believinginmyRo
12-05-2008, 03:39 PM
My hubby just called a while ago and said they were going on lockdown for an execution. Thats all I know but wanted to pass it on,:( My heart goes out to all affected.

destiny1987
12-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Just wondering if anyone knew if Trenton was on lockdown. I haven't heard from my boyfriend since Friday night and he usually calls everyday and I was wondering what was going on.

MissingMeSumHim
12-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Destiny i am going through the same thing...my man hasnt called since last Thursday and he usually calls either me or his grandma!!! But no call to either one of us...i thought it might just be near the holidays an dhe gets depressed around these times, but he usually doesnt wait this long to call.... I am going crazy not knowing whats going on down there!! Let me know if u find out anything...i am gonna call the prison tomarrow to see if anything is going on

destiny1987
12-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Im going crazy too but trying not to think the worst. Since you haven't heard from your man maybe there just on lockdown and haven't been able to use the phone. I was thinking about calling them tomorrow too...Just let me know if you find out anything and I will do the same.....

MissingMeSumHim
12-21-2008, 09:39 PM
I sure will...just pray for them!!! I know the ppl at da prison aint goin to tell me S$$$ though, u know how they are..ignorant as they sound!!!

cbdaniels05
12-22-2008, 08:42 AM
HUMMM.......... My man is at Wateree River and I haven't heard from him since last Tuesday. I know there's money on the phone account. Wonder what's going on!?!

jbrown76
12-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Good morning, everyone. My husband is at Ridgeland and this is what the rumor is there this week. All institutions are supposedly going to be on a rotating schedule of having dorms on lockdown every other day this week. The entire complex won't be on lockdown, but rather a rotating schedule within the institution, as well, will determine which dorms are on lockdown. There have also been rumors that rowdy dorms, like Beaufort @ Ridgeland, may be on lockdown the entire week. Be advised these are rumors and my husband has been able to call me each day, so far, so obviously he has not been affected just yet.

I will keep you all posted if I hear anything else. I know the holidays are hard without your loved ones, but I wish you all a safe and happy holiday season just the same. :)

MissingMeSumHim
12-22-2008, 05:10 PM
I heard from my man today...he said that they were on lockdown but they got off today!!! I was so relieved to hear from him..he told me what for but as of right now i can not recall but i dont care as long as he isnt on lock down anymore !!!! Hope yall hear from yalls loved ones soon ;):D

jbrown76
12-23-2008, 03:33 PM
My husband is in Georgetown down and that's all they would confirm for me, but that dorm is on lockdown today. The lady who answered the phone sounded exhausted from answering this question all day, so I'm thinking maybe the whole institution is on lockdown.

I'm hoping it's over by tomorrow so that we can talk for the holiday. :(

jbrown76
12-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Beaufort and Savannah dorms were both on lockdown today at Ridgeland. Rumor has it Georgetown will be on lockdown tomorrow. No confirmation yet, but that's the rumor.

J.

pooty
12-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Trying to find out about LEE, I have called all night, and a officer states that they are not on lockdown and the phones are working. But I haven't heard from my husband. I have to leave my house in the wee wee hours to arrive at the visiting times, hoping that I will be able to visit. If anyone knows anything please let me know in the next few hours.

MissingMeSumHim
12-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Is Trenton on lockdown again??? Havent heard from my man since friday!!:(

jbrown76
12-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Ridgeland is on lockdown today and possibly through New Year's Eve, but they won't confirm that by phone. :(

Just my luck they'd put my husband on lockdown for my birthday (today).:angry:

Kahlan
12-30-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm sorry to hear that! But I hope you have a Happy Birthday anyway!

donutandpickle
12-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Ridgeland is on lockdown today and possibly through New Year's Eve, but they won't confirm that by phone. :(

Just my luck they'd put my husband on lockdown for my birthday (today).:angry:

Happy Birthday! Thanks for the info do you know if they'll still be having visitation during the lockdown??

jbrown76
12-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Best thing to do is call the prison before you head there to make sure the dorm is not on lockdown. If it is, ask if family visits are still being allow. From what my husband tells me, he's never seen anyone go to a visit during lockdown, but that doesn't mean its impossible.

J.

LLewis
12-31-2008, 09:34 AM
I wish I was a bearer of good news... BUT... they do not have visitation at Ridgeland when the unit is on lockdown. Especially when the yard is on lockdown. I have even seen then turn lawyers away and reschedule the meetings for another date. Sorry...

Happy Birthday! Thanks for the info do you know if they'll still be having visitation during the lockdown??

jbrown76
12-31-2008, 10:26 AM
My husband called this morning. Georgetown and Charleston dorms were both on lockdown until 8 AM this morning. He didn't know about Beaufort or Savannah, but he knew Beaufort had seen a lot of "trouble" this week was constantly on and off lockdown.

They had not been told about visits yet this weekend, so for anyone visiting this coming weekend, definitely call ahead and make sure they will allow the visit! :o

LLewis
12-31-2008, 02:28 PM
My husband called this morning. Georgetown and Charleston dorms were both on lockdown until 8 AM this morning. He didn't know about Beaufort or Savannah, but he knew Beaufort had seen a lot of "trouble" this week was constantly on and off lockdown.

They had not been told about visits yet this weekend, so for anyone visiting this coming weekend, definitely call ahead and make sure they will allow the visit! :o

I also heard that Ridgeland was off of lockdown! The visitation is going to depend on the staffing this weekend so I would also suggest calling. Since there has been some upheaval on the yard requiring more security out there.... they may cancel it. I often wonder why the inmates don't realize this aspect of things?

jbrown76
12-31-2008, 05:39 PM
I just talked to my husband a little while ago and he said everyone was allowed to go to Canteen today for the first time in two weeks. He said everyone was "going crazy" and acting like morons, so he knew someone was going to cause trouble soon. I understand they must be stir crazy, but it does seem they forget how easily their actions are held against them and make their life even more miserable...

I'm lucky to have a husband that runs and hides from ANY trouble! He was just telling me that he wouldn't be involved in ANY thing that could possibly take his privileges or make him stay longer. He wants to be HOME NOW!!! He knows how painful this is for me and doesn't want to make things worse.

I think a lot of times it's the people without family contact or close support networks that cause trouble for everyone else, you know? It's so sad no matter how you look at! :confused:

jbrown76
01-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Georgetown dorm at Ridgeland is on lockdown...No confirmation yet for the other dorms, but I suspect it's not just Georgetown. :(

J.

Shabba
01-04-2009, 03:48 AM
anymore word on georgetown dorm? are they still down?

Shabba
01-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Everything is ok down there now. The lockdown as of 5:50 am is over.

Miss Superwoman
01-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Does anyone know if Kershaw is still on lockdown?

kw1111
01-07-2009, 08:07 PM
my fiance is at kershaw and as far as i know they are not on lock down or at least they werent as of 730 this evening....

missingtyrone
01-08-2009, 07:08 AM
My husband is at Kershaw and I talked to him last night around 9pm and they weren't on lockdown....As far as I know they are not on lockdown!:D

legalart
02-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Does anyone know why Allendale is on lockdown? I think this has been going on the last several days and I was told that there is no visitation this weekend.:confused:

marycherry
02-16-2009, 12:19 AM
my boyfriend called me and he didnt really say why sometimes they do it when they are short staffed but he said they'll probably keep it up til monday since its a holiday

ElijahsMom
02-25-2009, 08:42 PM
I got a letter from my son yesterday. He is in Kirland R & E. He said they may be going on lockdown due to all the fights?

jbrown76
02-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Georgetown Dorm is on lockdown tonight. Not sure what's happened or how long it will last. I know it happened after about 5:30 PM, though.

Just an FYI

kw1111
03-03-2009, 12:48 AM
magnolia dorm b-side has been on lockdown since last sunday night (2/22/09) and as of right now i am almost positive they are still on lockdown....does anyone know if being on lockdown this long is a violation of some kind of constitutional rights?? sounds to me like it's got to be....i mean no showers, no getting out of the cell at all whatsoever, because the institution itself can't figure out WHO (READ: ONE INMATE, not the whole entire dorm) went and retrieved a package that had been thrown over the fence. Personally, I think it is pretty sad that w/ all the employees at these institutions, a package of drugs was thrown over the fence and retrieved by an inmate and NOT ONE employee saw any of this go down....GIVEME A BREAK!! let ME go in there and do my own little investigation....i feel pretty confident i could come up with a better way to come up w/ some answers than to lock down an entire dorm until some one squeals....it's already been a week, it's clear that they aren't getting any closer to the answers they are looking for on this....do they not have a Plan B??? of course they dont what am i talking about :angry:

waitingwife24
03-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Myhusband is in the STOP program at the Broadriver Facility, I have not heard from him all day. His dorm is called Moultrie- Does anyone know if they are on lockdown?

segunwife
03-17-2009, 10:08 PM
My husband is in lieber and I know their been in lock down since last Wed. I called and was told that.

segunwife
03-17-2009, 10:15 PM
My brother once CO told me that prison can keep lockdown as long as they want, but they are to let the prison out only for showers. I want to find out what's all true because I think it's not right and if nothing gets said about this it well keep happening, but also my brother said it won't hurt to find out if it's right.

Fellaswifey
03-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Perry on Lock down?

There was not any visitation today and no calls since Wednesday. Has anyone heard anything??????

Fellaswifey
03-23-2009, 05:55 PM
never found out why, but they are off now, got a call from my honey this morning.

C-NASTY WIFEY
04-05-2009, 05:20 PM
JUST GOT A CALL FROM MY HUSBAND AND HE TOLD ME THAT THE ENTIRE JAIL IS ON LOCKDOWN AS OF WHEN THIS PHONE HANGS UP BABY:mad:. THERE WAS A STABBING HERE AND THEY ARE LOCKING DOWN THE WHOLE PLACE. WE GET 5 MINS INTO OUR CALL AND I HEAR THE CO'S YELLING LOCKING IT DOWN FELLAS WE ARE LOCKING IT DOWN. HE SAID TO ME BABY I GOTTA GO THEY LOCKING DOWN. DON'T KNOW HOW LONG THIS IS GOING TO LAST HOPEFULLY I CAN TALK TO YOU BY TUESDAY.

I AM JUST GLAD THAT HE IS OK AND PRAY THAT THE PERSON THAT WAS STABBED IS OKAY AND A PRAYER GOES OUT TO EVERYONE HERE THAT HAS A LOVED ONE AT BROAD RIVER CORRECTIONAL THAT HASN'T SPOKEN WITH THEM TODAY.:confused:

MY PRAYERS ARE WITH EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU GUYS.:cool::thumbsup:

inmatemama
04-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Does anyone know anything yet? I hope no-one was badly hurt!

C-NASTY WIFEY
04-08-2009, 10:31 PM
everything must be okay because i talked to my man he didnt say anymore about it so the guy must be ok

faithfulone1
04-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Hi all,
I'm new at this, but does anyone know if Tyger River is on lock down or having phone problems? I usually speak with my man everyday, and I haven't heard from him since early Friday morning around 9am.

Thanks,
Missing him like crazy.:(

atown87
04-19-2009, 07:48 PM
hey i was wondering what phone system broad river had is paypal or whats the name of the service

barky586
04-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Embarq. Here's the website:

www.epsicare.com (http://www.epsicare.com/)

SC_Friend
04-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Just got a call. My friend says a guard told him all SC prisons are on lock down. Not sure why unless its a money issue.

Malikhasmyheart
04-30-2009, 12:39 AM
Just got a call. My friend says a guard told him all SC prisons are on lock down. Not sure why unless its a money issue.

Does ne one have ne more info on this? Also when the prisons are on lock down..how much does that effect the mail process????

SC_Friend
04-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Don't know why and I don't know about mail. I just called the prison and its still on lock down. According to her, all the prisons are on lock down.

toni57
04-30-2009, 07:52 PM
l was told that mccormick isnt on lock down.

barky586
04-30-2009, 09:21 PM
My daughter asked my son-in-law about this when he called (since he did not mention it during his previous call, which would have been since the time the post was posted and I asked her about it). He said that what *he* has seen happen with more than one inmate is this: The inmate gets in trouble, losses his privileges and doesn't want to tell his family, so he tells them that the prison is on lockdown (hence, the loss of privileges). PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT SUGGESTING THAT THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED THIS PARTICULAR TIME, BUT JUST SHARING SOMETHING THAT MY SON-IN-LAW HAS SAID THAT *HE* HAS SEEN HAPPEN.

SC_Friend
05-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Just called Broad River again. They are still on lock down and won't say why. Also didn't know if they would be on lock down this weekend. So heads up for visitors.

redwtblue
05-01-2009, 03:10 PM
hey i was wondering what phone system broad river had is paypal or whats the name of the service

Broad River's phone system is Embark. Their number is 888-664-7839. If you set up a pre pay account you get a 20% discount. You can also manage your account online once it is set up. You can use a cell phone number as well.

redwtblue
05-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Just called Broad River again. They are still on lock down and won't say why. Also didn't know if they would be on lock down this weekend. So heads up for visitors.

I called too and got a nasty response on their end. I bet they are getting lots of calls. Frankly, I think we ought to burn up their lines. You would think that they would post something on their site letting families and loved ones know they are on lock down and at least give some information even if minimal.
Anyway she said to call back tomorrow to see if there is visitation. And I will!
Even though it is hard on me when they are on lock down I try to remember how hard it is on him!

faithfulone1
05-01-2009, 04:26 PM
My loved one is at Tyger River, and I have received several calls from him today. When they're on lock down, they're not allowed to use the phones right?

Itsallworthit
05-01-2009, 05:44 PM
I just dont understand why they wont tell anyone what is going on this is driving me crazy and you are right its hard on us but you just have to think what is going on with them. We worrying and care deeply for our guys and its crazy when we call and try to find out what is going on the CO's break crappy with us!! Does anyone have any idea when this will end? Has this happend before with no warning just lockdown if so how long did it last??

prisonreform22
05-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Does Anyone know why Broad River is on lock down?? They have been locked down since Wednesday afternoon and no one will say why. I have read some recent posts of others who have heard of the lockdown without any answers.... Does anyone know why?? Thanks!

Itsallworthit
05-04-2009, 11:50 AM
My man is in Broad River and everyone keeps saying that its cause of the Flu but if that is true then why cant they call? So I have no idea why they are on lockdown sorry I cant help because Im wondering why myself!! So if you find out before me can you let me know and if I find out something I will post and let yall know

barky586
05-04-2009, 07:41 PM
http://www.thestate.com/breaking/story/774341.html

John Monk, The State

The 1,500-inmate Broad River Correctional Facility several miles northwest of downtown Columbia is on “lockdown” status.
Officials said today (Monday) the maximum security male prison - home to some of the state’s most dangerous criminals - is likely to stay that way until an ongoing investigation determines that the safety of inmates or staff won’t be jeopardized by lifting the lockdown.
The prison, which is a collection of buildings on a larger campus within security fences, has been on lockdown since Wednesday.

The term “lockdown” means all inmates remain in their cells and have food delivered to them.
“It’s a monumental undertaking,” said S.C. Corrections Department spokesman Josh Gelinas.
Gelinas declined to specify the nature of any threat. But he said “lockdowns” at Broad River are unusual and undertaken only when prison authorities have an allegation that inmate, staff or public safety might be threatened.
“We take all allegations seriously,” he said.

Itsallworthit
05-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Ok this is what I found out I was told that the inmates are acting up or whatever and they are having problems so thats why Broad River is on lock down and the other prisons are on lockdown beacuse people are freakin out about the swine flu

C-NASTY WIFEY
05-04-2009, 10:35 PM
I called the visitation inquiry line and it said that all prisons are on lockdown because of a DHEC advisory (the swne flu got it that way). Don't know how long they will be lockeddown. I'm mad as hell his birthday is this Sunday I want to go see him haven't seen him since december

Itsallworthit
05-04-2009, 10:39 PM
I didnt see someone had found out thr problem I didnt read before I posted Thanks yall for looking more into it. Does anyone have any idea how long this could last??

kw1111
05-05-2009, 12:48 AM
SC prison on lockdown since last week

Associated Press - May 4, 2009 3:45 PM ET
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - A South Carolina maximum security prison has been on lockdown for nearly a week as authorities investigate a threat.
Corrections Department spokesman Josh Gelinas said Monday that inmates at the Broad River Correctional Institution aren't allowed see visitors or leave their cells during the lockdown.
He refused to provide details on the threats, claiming that the information could get back to inmates.
The 1,500-inmate prison has been on lockdown since last Wednesday.
Authorities say lockdowns are applied when there are claims that inmate, staff or public safety could be in jeopardy.
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, dcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Kahlan
05-05-2009, 09:51 PM
The Swine Flu! Has the world gone crazy?

I've started a Swine Flu Thread in SC Prison Visitation located here: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414599
It is also listed in announcements at the top of every SC Forum page. Please check the links for updates.

Currently all SC prisons are locked down due to the threat of Swine Flu.

Itsallworthit
05-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Yes this world has gone crazy!!!

Itsallworthit
05-06-2009, 11:46 AM
They need to make up their mind is it the Swine flu or them acting up!!!

prisonreform22
05-06-2009, 12:18 PM
FYI - Broad River is no longer on lockdown! I just got a phone call from there and the lockdown was lifted this morning. Thank God!!!

Itsallworthit
05-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Yup I just came on here to say that my baby called!!!!
BRCI is finally off lockdown!!!

SC_Friend
05-07-2009, 10:08 AM
no visitation this weekend though...

Itsallworthit
05-07-2009, 11:24 AM
I swear its always something

kittyskid
05-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Just a note to let ya'll know that Allendale has been on lockdown for a couple days. One inmate was stabbed in the Bamberg unit & another had both legs broken & stabbed. My 21 yr old son is there & he said the COs took 2 days to clean up the blood off the floors. He seems to think they left it there on purpose as a deterant. But they are giving them their meals in their cell & have restricted activity throughout the facility. Not sure for how long.

Itsallworthit
05-31-2009, 06:54 PM
just a note to let ya'll know that allendale has been on lockdown for a couple days. One inmate was stabbed in the bamberg unit & another had both legs broken & stabbed. My 21 yr old son is there & he said the cos took 2 days to clean up the blood off the floors. He seems to think they left it there on purpose as a deterant. But they are giving them their meals in their cell & have restricted activity throughout the facility. Not sure for how long.

that makes no sense at all....leaving blood on the floor what is wrong with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kahlan
05-31-2009, 08:25 PM
Blood on the floor is a bio-hazard and against regulations.

Itsallworthit
06-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Is BRCI on lockdown I havent heard anything from my other half and I have no idea whats going on I know in the past(last week) two guards were beaten up but they didnt go on lockdown! I really hate this prison system esp in SC

william t
07-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Does anyone know why Tyger River correction is on lockdown

william t
07-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Does anyone know why Tyger River corrections in South Carolina is on lockdown?

choclgs
07-10-2009, 04:17 PM

William T, I was checking the visitation for this weekend and it's listed as the entire institution not allowing visits. I can assure you if you call to find out, either headquarters or TR they won't tell you why. I tried a few months ago when this happened at Turbeville and got no answers. :(

choclgs
07-10-2009, 04:22 PM
For July 10-12,

Tyger River (on lockdown),
Trenton (Dorm 1C & 1D only),
Turbeville (Wyboo B)

It's always best to call the institution just to be sure. Sometimes the facility can be on lockdown or room restriction but inmates can still go out on visits.

MPR FRIEND
07-12-2009, 11:39 AM
:confused::confused: I drove to Tyger River yesterday afternoon only to find out they were locked down. Does this happen frequently? I am a new visitor to the facility. Does anyone know why this happened? Will things go back to "normal" tomorrow? Like...phone calls.

Also, anyone else having problems with mail delivery to the facility. When I mail a letter and it's taking over a week for delivery. This is insane!!!!

Lastly anyone heard anything about early release legislation? My friend tells me there is word about something happening because of budget shortfalls.... something might be done to release some folks early. I have done some research -- haven't come up with much.

P.S. I was happy to find this site. Not many people to chat with about these subjects. And the folks at SCDC certainly will not provide any answers.

For July 10-12,

Tyger River (on lockdown),
Trenton (Dorm 1C & 1D only),
Turbeville (Wyboo B)

It's always best to call the institution just to be sure. Sometimes the facility can be on lockdown or room restriction but inmates can still go out on visits.

faithfulone1
07-14-2009, 04:45 PM

As of earlier this morning, Tyger River was still on lock down. However, phones are working, but only inmates on the Upper Yard are allowed out of their rooms. Apparently, someone had someone from the outside come though on a 4 wheeler with a potato gun and shoot a package of some sort across the fence, and an officer saw it. Not sure if this is what happened, but that's what I was told. Whoever was driving the 4 wheeler was caught while trying to drive it up ramps on the back of a truck or van. They put both yards on lockdown Thursday night, but Upper yard was able to leave their rooms Friday evening.

faithfulone1
07-14-2009, 04:53 PM
:confused::confused: I drove to Tyger River yesterday afternoon only to find out they were locked down. Does this happen frequently? I am a new visitor to the facility. Does anyone know why this happened? Will things go back to "normal" tomorrow? Like...phone calls.

Also, anyone else having problems with mail delivery to the facility. When I mail a letter and it's taking over a week for delivery. This is insane!!!!

Lastly anyone heard anything about early release legislation? My friend tells me there is word about something happening because of budget shortfalls.... something might be done to release some folks early. I have done some research -- haven't come up with much.

P.S. I was happy to find this site. Not many people to chat with about these subjects. And the folks at SCDC certainly will not provide any answers.

As of earlier this morning, Tyger River was still on lock down. However, phones are working, but I believe the Upper Yard are the only ones allowed out of their rooms. Apparently, someone had someone from the outside come though on a 4 wheeler with a potato gun and shoot a package of some sort across the fence, and an officer saw it. Not sure if this is what happened, but that's what I was told. Whoever was driving the 4 wheeler was caught while trying to drive it up ramps on the back of a truck or van. They put both yards on lockdown Thursday night, but Upper yard was able to leave their rooms Friday evening. I'm not sure if they're still on lock down status as of now 5:49pm, July 14, but hopefully you'll hear from your loved one soon.

They are short staffed in the mail room. I actually called down there because my fiance wasn't getting his mail in a timely manner, and was told that they're doing the best they can. They actually have a job posting for the mailroom there.

As for the early release, I believe barky may have post something related to that in earlier post. I don't think anything has been passed yet regarding early release.

sprtdsoulmates
07-15-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm glad to knw there are others out there who can relate to what I'm going through and why I want to wait.

MPR FRIEND
07-18-2009, 07:44 PM
:) Thanks so much for your reply and all of your information. I was able to visit yesterday. Had a great time.

Has anybody else had a problem with Sgt. Vanderhurst at TR??? I am writing a letter to SCDC. Vanderhurst acted like a fool at the close of visitation yesterday. Screaming at everyone. I understand he treats the inmates as well as the visitors like crap. I won't stand for it. I would like feedback from anyone if they want to give it.

Again --faithfulone....I appreciate your reply. It's taking me a little while to figure this all out. Including finding the responses to my email. :thumbsup:

As of earlier this morning, Tyger River was still on lock down. However, phones are working, but I believe the Upper Yard are the only ones allowed out of their rooms. Apparently, someone had someone from the outside come though on a 4 wheeler with a potato gun and shoot a package of some sort across the fence, and an officer saw it. Not sure if this is what happened, but that's what I was told. Whoever was driving the 4 wheeler was caught while trying to drive it up ramps on the back of a truck or van. They put both yards on lockdown Thursday night, but Upper yard was able to leave their rooms Friday evening. I'm not sure if they're still on lock down status as of now 5:49pm, July 14, but hopefully you'll hear from your loved one soon.

They are short staffed in the mail room. I actually called down there because my fiance wasn't getting his mail in a timely manner, and was told that they're doing the best they can. They actually have a job posting for the mailroom there.

As for the early release, I believe barky may have post something related to that in earlier post. I don't think anything has been passed yet regarding early release.

MPR FRIEND
07-18-2009, 07:56 PM
I know -- it's great to have others who understand and can relate to our situation. I am really happy I found this website. I hope we can all continue to chat about things. Thanks to everyone who responds and writes.

Keep the emails coming!!!!!!!

I'm glad to knw there are others out there who can relate to what I'm going through and why I want to wait.

toni57
07-20-2009, 09:32 PM
does anyone know why mccormick was on lockdown and no visitors sunday.if so please let me know,thanks!!!!!!!!

choclgs
07-24-2009, 05:08 PM
McCormick is still on lockdown.

The following have cancelled visitation for 7/24-7/26:
Trenton (Dorm 1)
Kershaw (Magnolia A & B)

toni57
07-24-2009, 07:48 PM
McCormick is still on lockdown.

The following have cancelled visitation for 7/24-7/26:
Trenton (Dorm 1)
Kershaw (Magnolia A & B)
does anyone know why mccormick is on lock down?

choclgs
07-25-2009, 09:48 PM
does anyone know why mccormick is on lock down?

There was an answer to why McCormick is lockdown in another post recently. I don't remember what SC thread it's under.

toni57
07-26-2009, 11:00 AM
There was an answer to why McCormick is lockdown in another post recently. I don't remember what SC thread it's under.

thanks,l,m looking for it.l cant find it.

missingtyrone
07-29-2009, 02:56 PM
My husband is at KCI and they have been on lockdown since July 19th. They were NOT allowed visits last weekend and I was told earlier on the phone that they will NOT be allowed visits this weekend either!:angry: He wrote me a letter that I got yesterday and he said that the Palmetto Dorm was also on lockdown, but I don't know if they still are or not and if their visits have been taken or not. All I know is that I am SICK of this crap!:angry: MY husband did NOTHING wrong, but yet we can't go visit him and it's VERY hard to explain to a 4 year old why she can't go see her daddy. She is use to seeing her daddy EVERY Saturday. He can't call or anything...and to make matters worse he had NO envelopes whenever they went on this lockdown. I'm not understanding why they can't have visits though because a few weeks ago the Palmetto Dorm was on lockdown for like 2 or 3 weeks, but they STILL got their visits on the weekends. I HATE SCDC!!!!!!!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry: I am having a REALLY bad day and I miss my husband SO much.....:sad&blue::cry::cloud: Sorry guys....I just HAD to vent somewhere and this is the ONLY place where I feel like someone else KNOWS how I feel and experiences some of the same things that I do......

Miss Superwoman
07-29-2009, 03:31 PM
My husband is at KCI and they have been on lockdown since July 19th. They were NOT allowed visits last weekend and I was told earlier on the phone that they will NOT be allowed visits this weekend either!:angry: He wrote me a letter that I got yesterday and he said that the Palmetto Dorm was also on lockdown, but I don't know if they still are or not and if their visits have been taken or not. All I know is that I am SICK of this crap!:angry: MY husband did NOTHING wrong, but yet we can't go visit him and it's VERY hard to explain to a 4 year old why she can't go see her daddy. She is use to seeing her daddy EVERY Saturday. He can't call or anything...and to make matters worse he had NO envelopes whenever they went on this lockdown. I'm not understanding why they can't have visits though because a few weeks ago the Palmetto Dorm was on lockdown for like 2 or 3 weeks, but they STILL got their visits on the weekends. I HATE SCDC!!!!!!!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry: I am having a REALLY bad day and I miss my husband SO much.....:sad&blue::cry::cloud: Sorry guys....I just HAD to vent somewhere and this is the ONLY place where I feel like someone else KNOWS how I feel and experiences some of the same things that I do......

KCI is Full of it and is always on some type of lockdown. I am so sorry you guys will miss your visits.

kw1111
07-31-2009, 04:17 PM

OK GIRL...YOU KNOW WHAT YOU GOTTA DO NOW......CALL UP THERE AND ASK A MAJOR OR THE WARDEN (SOMEONE HIGHER THAN A C.O.) WHY IN THE WORLD PALMETTO WAS ALLOWED VISITS WHILE THEY WERE ON LOCKDOWN AND MAGNOLIA ISN'T GETTING VISITS WHILE THEY ARE ON LOCKDOWN. NOT LETTING THEM HAVE THEIR VISITS FOR TWO WEEKS IN A ROW JUST BECAUSE THEIR DORM IS ON LOCKDOWN IS AGAINST SCDC POLICY AND PROCEDURE.....LET THEM KNOW THAT!! I'M GONNA CALL YOU LATER AND YOU BETTER HAVE ALREADY TAKEN CARE OF THIS ISSUE! :cool:

choclgs
07-31-2009, 05:04 PM
This happens often that the institution could be lockdown but inmates are still allowed out for their weekend visits.

No visitation for July 31-August 2:

Kershaw (Magnolia A)
Campbell (West Wing)

Ridgeland and Broad River cancelled visits for Friday but are allowing visits for Saturday and Sunday.

cowgurl08
08-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Does anyone know if Ridgeland is/was on lockdown? I'm losing it here. I was trying to avoid calling the institution because they are always rude. I guess I will in the morning because i'm running out of patience but if anyone knows before then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Is that ridgeland sc? that is where my boyfriend is at?:angry:

cowgurl08
08-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Good morning, everyone. My husband is at Ridgeland and this is what the rumor is there this week. All institutions are supposedly going to be on a rotating schedule of having dorms on lockdown every other day this week. The entire complex won't be on lockdown, but rather a rotating schedule within the institution, as well, will determine which dorms are on lockdown. There have also been rumors that rowdy dorms, like Beaufort @ Ridgeland, may be on lockdown the entire week. Be advised these are rumors and my husband has been able to call me each day, so far, so obviously he has not been affected just yet.

I will keep you all posted if I hear anything else. I know the holidays are hard without your loved ones, but I wish you all a safe and happy holiday season just the same. :)

That is the same prison that my Boyfriend is in? I can't go see him. I was decline. I can retry in Jan. 10 But I am hoping he will get parole on Jan. 26 of 2010.I miss him so much. It is so hard with out him.

choclgs
08-21-2009, 01:44 PM
There are no visitation restrictions for all SCDC institutions this weekend (August 21 -23) :)

choclgs
08-28-2009, 04:09 PM
For August 28-30 have visits cancelled:

Trenton (Unit 1C & Unit 2C, 2D)
Turbeville (Elliott & Rimini)
Tyger River (Unit 9B)

Itsallworthit
08-29-2009, 08:35 PM
BRCI went on lockdown today while we were inside visiting:cloud:

please let me know if anyone finds out if the lockdown is over and if there will be visits tomorrow!

Itsallworthit
08-30-2009, 08:52 AM
No visits for broad river today!!!

choclgs
08-31-2009, 09:29 PM
No visits for broad river today!!!

According to the news reports, BR isn't going to have visits for a while.

J SISk
08-31-2009, 11:53 PM
The only thing I have read is that its on lockdown right now because someone was killed there! Anything else being said other then man killed and they are on lockdown right now?

choclgs
09-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Turbeville (Elliott & Rimini)
Tyger River (Unit 9B)
Broad River (Marion)

Miss Superwoman
11-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Are there any current lock downs at Kershaw?

kw1111
11-19-2009, 01:44 PM
i think oak dorm is locked down at kershaw

missingtyrone
11-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Yes...Oak Dorm is on lockdown..A side and B side. My husband heard that they would be locked down for 6 months, but he doesn't know how true that is.....I don't know if they can have visits either, but I think they can because last week they were locked down, but they still got visits. Call before you go!

Miss Superwoman
11-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Thanks I got a letter from my husband saying that they were on/off lock down for various reasons the latest someone was stabbed in the face.

choclgs
12-23-2009, 03:32 PM
As of this afternoon,

Ridgeland Beaufort has no visitation

Lee Chesterfield North has no visitation

Leiber Level III Death Row has visitation by appt only

Always call the institution directly if you have questions.

Remember holiday visitation hours are Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and the regular visitation schedule applies for Saturday and Sunday.

TonysQueen
12-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Merry Christmas! If anyone has a loved one at Lieber C.I, do u know if they are locked down?? I haven't heard from my sweetie all day :( I tried calling but they are so rude

choclgs
02-12-2010, 02:17 PM
All SCDC institutions will not have visitation on Friday and Saturday. Visitation will be on Sunday and Monday (holiday) but you are advised to call. Have a great weekend!

Lee is on lockdown through Tuesday for security reasons.

Marilyn_Jade
03-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Apparently they are locked down - must have happened either yesterday 3/10/2010 or the night before. They either don't know or won't tell me when the lockdown will be over or why they are locked down. :( I'm sure i will know when my husband calls. I just hope it is before Saturday, I had planned on visiting....:(

Marilyn_Jade
03-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Apparently they are locked down - must have happened either yesterday 3/10/2010 or the night before. They either don't know or won't tell me when the lockdown will be over or why they are locked down. :( I'm sure i will know when my husband calls. I just hope it is before Saturday, I had planned on visiting....:(

Whops! Forgot to update this! They got off lockdown late in the day on 3/11/10. They decided to lock everyone down so they could search some of the houses in Beaufort B dorm.

Miss Superwoman
05-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Does anyone know if there are any dorm lock downs @Kershaw...Thanks

missingtyrone
05-13-2010, 01:42 PM
From what my husband said the whole yard, except Hickory Dorm, has been on lockdown for a few weeks, but they came off a few days ago. I just talked to him last night and he didn't mention anything, but he calls me everyday and if I hear something different from him I will let you know. Hope this helps....

Miss Superwoman
05-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Thank you I was worried finally got a letter I am so ready for this crap to be over.

Miss Superwoman
06-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Once again I am asking are there any lockdowns at Kershaw no letter and this is our only form of communication because he cannot call and we do not have visits.

here4him4ever
06-28-2010, 05:56 AM
Does anybody know if kirkland is currently on lockdown, or just come off, my husband was due to make a call last thursday{6=24-10} but never called me, i'm worried

Missingmyman76
06-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Does anybody know if kirkland is currently on lockdown, or just come off, my husband was due to make a call last thursday{6=24-10} but never called me, i'm worried
If hes still in R/e sometimes they don't get to call on the day they "are suppose to" it depends on the co and if they ceome to that side to allow them to use it, Nikki

Itsallworthit
07-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Hey does anyone have any info about Broad River being on lockdown? Is anyother prisons on lockdown?

Just wondering cause I plan on visiting at Broad River this weekend and they were on lockdown yesterday so was wondering if anyone knows whats going on and is it just Broad River thats locked down!

choclgs
07-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Hey does anyone have any info about Broad River being on lockdown? Is anyother prisons on lockdown?

Just wondering cause I plan on visiting at Broad River this weekend and they were on lockdown yesterday so was wondering if anyone knows whats going on and is it just Broad River thats locked down!

You should check the institution first but Friday afternoon is when headquarters leaves a recorded message stating visitation cancellations as of that time. This changes based on institutions frequently so it's best to call the facility your loved one is located the day you plan to visit to be sure.

Itsallworthit
07-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Thanks!! I will be sure to check tomorrow!!

Ldawg14
07-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Hey anybody know if macdougalls on lockdown? I havent heard from my hubby in 3 days. I called and they said no...but who knos if there lying. Its really strange not to hear from him for this long.

Jessie&Marley
08-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Anyone know anything about Wateree... I have not heard from him in 2 days and that has not happened once since he has been in. He calls at least 5 times a day...

Missingmyman76
08-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Allendale-- anyone know if its on lockdown. Havent talked to my fiancee in 2 days. thanks, nikki

jacmac12
08-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Allendale-- anyone know if its on lockdown. Havent talked to my fiancee in 2 days. thanks, nikkiI talked to my Sweetie today he didn't mention anything about being on lockdown.

Missingmyman76
08-27-2010, 08:54 AM
I talked to my Sweetie today he didn't mention anything about being on lockdown.
Well I was wondering if they all are but apparently not if u talked to him. Found out a few mins ago that Barnwell unit is on lockdown. I called to ask about michael and she asked for his number and said that unit IS!!!!
Just wondering why now and when they will get off. Hopefully soon b/c this is killing me not talking to him. Today is the 3rd day and I'm going nuts. But if u have to talk to him again please ask him if he has heard anything about it and if so did he hear why. Just hoping and praying it has nothing to do with Michael. Thanks, Nikki

jacmac12
08-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Well I was wondering if they all are but apparently not if u talked to him. Found out a few mins ago that Barnwell unit is on lockdown. I called to ask about michael and she asked for his number and said that unit IS!!!!
Just wondering why now and when they will get off. Hopefully soon b/c this is killing me not talking to him. Today is the 3rd day and I'm going nuts. But if u have to talk to him again please ask him if he has heard anything about it and if so did he hear why. Just hoping and praying it has nothing to do with Michael. Thanks, Nikki:( Nikki, I posted it already, but my husband said they would be on lockdown this whole weekend. He called me just before they were getting ready to lock them down. This sure is a let down. Phone calls are about they only way we can stay in contact. I guess I got to get some more love letters off the net. Lol. Hang in there:grouphug:

Missingmyman76
08-27-2010, 07:22 PM
:( Nikki, I posted it already, but my husband said they would be on lockdown this whole weekend. He called me just before they were getting ready to lock them down. This sure is a let down. Phone calls are about they only way we can stay in contact. I guess I got to get some more love letters off the net. Lol. Hang in there:grouphug:
Yeah I read the other post already. Thanks a lot for the info. I told his sis its driving me nuts not being able to talk to him but at least now if they do stay on lockdown all weekend I wont have to put mins on my phone Tues. I just put them on right before Michael went on lockdown so that was Wed afternoon b/c when i looked at embarq website i was getting low and figured i better do it before I forgot. If had knew they were going on lockdown I would have used that 25 this week and just added it next lol. But anyways just glad its not the weekend Im suppose to go down but believe me i will be calling the fri before i go to check, Nikki

Miss Superwoman
09-03-2010, 12:45 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew if any of the dorms at Kershaw was on locked down? Thanks!

BeachMom
09-16-2010, 08:39 AM
Yes, some of the dorms at Kershaw are on lockdown. Pametto Bay is until next week so I'm told. I don't know about any of the others.

danie616
09-21-2010, 03:22 PM
I haven't heard from my pen pal in almost 3 weeks, which is very unusual because we send a lot of letter to each other. I've been getting nervous that maybe he's sick or that I said something in one of my letters that offended him (I know I didn't though. My last few letters were just about what I've been up to and how work has been going for me). I think I'm just getting paranoid...Anyway, if anyone knows anything about Kirkland, could you please let me know? Pretty please? LOL! Has anyone else had a delay in letters?

BetteBette
09-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Hello,
does anyone know if Broad River is on lockdown?
Thanks

JarraysBabygurl
09-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Omg I'm freaking out My BF is in Estill FCI and I have'nt heard from him since the 13th and I don't have a clue what's going on but if anyone knows anything please let me know thank you. Lockdown in Estill has never really took this long so that's why I'm soo lost and freaking out ughhh!!!

ridiculous
09-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Kirkland R&E dorm F is on lockdown if anyone has a loved one there. I got a call today saying that my visitation for next week was cancelled because they are on lockdown. He was moved Monday so it won't affect us anyway.

deidrafg
11-02-2010, 09:24 AM
lee correctional chesterfiels has been on lockdown forever....... my man just got moved there from kirkland r&e and he said they have been on lockdown almost a year and they stuck him there because they had no other bed space... that sucks now no calls or visitation!!!!!!!!!!

Itsallworthit
11-19-2010, 05:48 PM
So yesterday when I was talkig to my man they started yelling lockdown and he has no idea why they were going on lockdown I tried to call the prison and go figure I couldnt get anyone and its still early today but no word from anyone yet so is there another number I can call to see if visits will be on this weekend if so can anyone give me the number? Oh and he is at Broad River
Thanks!

Itsallworthit
11-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Nevermind I found the number in another forum should have looked there first lol but no visits for broad river this weekend =/
ughhh

Itsallworthit
11-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Does anyone know why some of these Prisons are on lockdown???
Broad River has been on lockdown since Thursday,Im just wondering what is going on!

Itsallworthit
11-20-2010, 08:57 PM
lee correctional chesterfiels has been on lockdown forever....... my man just got moved there from kirkland r&e and he said they have been on lockdown almost a year and they stuck him there because they had no other bed space... that sucks now no calls or visitation!!!!!!!!!!

Thats crazy I had no idea they kept some places on lockdown for up to a year or more. Hopefully u can see ur man soon!!

sadmominsumter
11-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Just got a call from SCDC informing me that my visit for tomorrow with my son would be canceled because they are on lock down. He's at Kirkland. Don't know how long the lock down will be for and I am wondering if they just do not want to deal with holiday traffic... GRRRR!
Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving anyway.
Any others on lock?
Wendi

CherryPi78
11-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Hey Wendi I just heard news from my fiancÚ's father, he also was supposed to visit tomorrow for the first time at Kirkland, so they coulndn't schedule visit until next week...am I right to assume no phone calls as well? :( Do you know if they still get mail while on lockdown?

sadmominsumter
11-23-2010, 05:14 AM
Yeah, unfortunately that means no phone calls either. :( I am not sure if they will get mail or not, depends on why they are on lockdown and who's working the mailroom I think. I think they are supposed to get it but who knows with anything they do in SCDC.

My personal opinion on this is that they just do not want to deal with the holiday visits. :( Let me know if you hear anything else please and I will do the same.
Wendi

Hey Wendi I just heard news from my fiancÚ's father, he also was supposed to visit tomorrow for the first time at Kirkland, so they coulndn't schedule visit until next week...am I right to assume no phone calls as well? :( Do you know if they still get mail while on lockdown?

CherryPi78
11-25-2010, 04:26 AM
. :( Let me know if you hear anything else please and I will do the same.
Wendi

You may already know but I called Wed evening and Kirkland is no longer on lockdown, so I'm staying awake waiting for that Thur morning Thanksgiving call!

inmatemama
11-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Just to let everyone know, "Walden" has been on Lockdown since Sunday morning... I don't know why, and I called to see if they were able to tell me, but the CO said he couldn't say... Hope it doesn't last... There was a bit of trouble with count clearing on Saturday morning, and I know there was some kind of trouble, then... May be more of the same??? Anyway, let's pray it clears soon... <3

CherryPi78
11-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Okay, so appearantly Kirkland was never off lockdown even though they told me that is was that Wednesday...I still haven't received a phone call since Thur. Nov. 19 and they canceled my finance's father's visit again today when he called up to check. So then I called a different number and the person asking was not very nice and informed me that she couldn't tell me if prison was on lockdown or not. WTH is going on?

ridiculous
11-30-2010, 10:37 AM
[quote=inmatemama;5806419]Just to let everyone know, "Walden" has been on Lockdown since Sunday morning... I don't know why, and I called to see if they were able to tell me, but the CO said he couldn't say... Hope it doesn't last... There was a bit of trouble with count clearing on Saturday morning, and I know there was some kind of trouble, then... May be more of the same??? Anyway, let's pray it clears soon... <3[/quote

An inmate "walked out" of walden a few days ago, so that is why they are on lockdown. He was found though. That would also explain Kirkland being locked down.

Here's the story. http://www.heraldonline.com/2010/11/30/2650283/sc-inmate-who-walked-away-from.html

HardHeadedWoman
11-30-2010, 12:50 PM
lockdown or not they still get mail! and also able to mail out