View Full Version : Polunsky Unit - DR On Lockdown - Texas Prison

Ness
10-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Just to let you know that Polunsky has gone on lockdown from 13th October. We are not sure for how long this will last or if it is one of the biannual lockdowns.

If anyone has any more info on this situation, please post it here.

Thanks

KennysQueen
10-14-2008, 12:00 AM
Thank you so much for posting this. Just another thing to be nervouse about but I am so much better off knowing why nothings happening between us , i.e. letters and what not. THANKS

Helia
10-16-2008, 08:07 PM
What does it mean?Can someone explain....please?:(

putergirl
10-17-2008, 07:34 PM
I just got a letter from my husband. They've been on lockdown since Monday. Apparently there is a missing tool and no one can do anything until it's found.

whisky 23
10-18-2008, 03:52 PM
that is sad that they are on lockdown,hopefully it wont last to long

putergirl
10-21-2008, 06:35 AM
Looks like the reason for the lockdown is something different.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Cell_phone_prompts_Texas_prisons_lockdown.html

LissaJ2094
10-22-2008, 03:59 PM
The Houston Chronicle today stated the lockdown could last three weeks.

putergirl
10-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Yikes! Although I've received several letters from my husband, he doesn't mention any of my letters to him. Also, since he's a diabetic, he's one of the very few inmates that gets to leave their cell. He's constantly bombarded with other inmates to send letters and go get their stuff, so I don't think inmates are receiving anything. He says alot of the inmates are getting really upset about not being able to leave their cells.

putergirl
10-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Well, I just received another letter today and he says that he has not received any letters from me in the past 2 and 1/2 weeks. I've sent him numerous letters so it looks like the mail room is not delivering - only sending. :(

Greeneyes67
10-23-2008, 10:16 PM
My friend there wrote me and he received a letter from me Oct 14 - when they were on lockdown already (for the missing tool). Hope they receive their mail..they really need it during those times (heck, they always need MAIL:D)

Please post if you hear when they are OFF lockdown.
Thank you and take care everyone!

putergirl
10-31-2008, 07:30 PM
Well, I planned on visiting my hubby this weekend (Of course I called first) but was told that there are no visits this weekend :(
My husband is really getting upset. He thinks no one wants to visit him. And my letters get to him like 1 week to 2 weeks AFTER I send them so we're never on track with corresponding. I hope this ends soon.

gypsysmagician
11-01-2008, 10:45 AM
I am wondering if they are "punishing" those at Polunsky especially because it all started there? I would like to find out if it is allowed that they will not be permitted to buy commissary. It seems that people are almost out of stamps and they are not allowed to buy things there. If the policy says that every 2 weeks they can buy their supplies, would they not at least have to let the people buy their supplies?
So if some people don't get mail it could be because the people there run out of supplies and are not allowed to get any. Can anyone tell me if they are allowed to restrict the people from buying their needed supplies? Just trying to find out. Thank you.

katydidsbro
11-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Yes, when on lockdown it's normal for commissary privileges to be suspended, as well as almost everything else. They have to rely on what they have until the lockdown is over, or try to borrow from someone (not a good idea usually).

Kay

twiceblssd
11-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Directly before the state wide lock down was a general contraband sweep is what I will call it and we still got visitation.
I am wondering myself if they are being punished longer because this whole mess started there!
I have watched this site and seen that other units are coming off of lock-down or at least they are getting visitation back while under lock-down but we are not!
My letter this week shows 11 day delay in my mail! He was upset because he thought I was to busy to write! He also states word is to them this can last up till Nov. 12th.
Be sure you call the unit before you go for visit!
The guys are upset because they had zero notification of visits suspended, that much I do know!

putergirl
11-02-2008, 06:53 PM
My hubby had to borrow a stamp to write me a letter. I send him lots of puzzles and sukoku pages so hopefully he was able to trade. He did write that they get to spend $10 this week for commissary so at least that is better than nothing.
Yeah - I don't think they've been told, because he tells me to call to complain about no commissary, and since he's a diabetic, he doesn't get his "special" meals, just those sandwiches, or whatever they give them.

Greeneyes67
11-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Hope they get that commissary spend...havent heard from my friend this last week and I hope I will get a letter this week. As far as I understood things, they have been on lockdown since Oct 13th...:(

gypsysmagician
11-03-2008, 09:28 AM
This is just so awful. 4 days no shower and they are hungry. This is really getting to a point where it is not reasonable any more, IMO.

twiceblssd
11-03-2008, 10:19 PM
A letter I got the other day said that he was going to get to have a hot meal!
The way I take it that's the first one. I would hope that would be for everyone!!!!!
This is starting to be a bunch of crap and I'm really mad!
Today I cried...ready for my visit!!!!!!!!!

gypsysmagician
11-04-2008, 08:24 PM
I was told when I called there today that they will serve 3 hot meals again this week and they get to buy some things from commissary for 10 Dollars plus stamps for 10 Dollars so that goes for all, I would imagine. Nobody knows yet when this is over, it's up to the Governor they said.

KennysQueen
11-05-2008, 07:52 AM
I know that they have been able to get letters. Mine has gotten all of mine just usally takes alittle bit longer. In his last letter that I got monday that he wrote on the 30th he said ?"we just got a hot meal hygine and stamps.It feel like fucking christmas in here" He also stated how hes lost alot of weight sicne lock down started. I really hope this ends soon.

Greeneyes67
11-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Does anyone know if they are still on lockdown???

twiceblssd
11-06-2008, 11:49 PM
I called today and still on lock-down they said no visits this weekend!
I am still going to call Sat. Morning to check on visits maybe they will change their minds at the last minute about this weekend.

Also the letter I received today says word on the inside is they are locked down until the 12th! I am ready for my visit!

soinlove0826
11-10-2008, 03:55 PM
My husband is at Polunsky. I received mail from him on Friday and again today. I could tell that he was getting my mail from his responses. I called today and they told me they expected the lockdown to be over by midweek.

whisky 23
11-11-2008, 05:06 AM
TX: VISITS WILL RESUME ON WEDNESDAY AT POLUNKSY.
Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:16PM

VISITS WILL RESUME ON WEDNESDAY AT POLUNKSY.

The lockdown ends on Wednesday.

Just called again to clarify and was told that visits start Wednesday. Of course, on Wednesday it is press day so visits are only in the morning, from 8-12 noon.

Thanks to all who helped put the pressure on Texas officials to end this ridiculous lockdown. The Abolition Movement will continue to work around the isolation and mind-destroying conditions on Texas' death row.

Please keep in touch and join our list if you want to stay involved in fighting conditions!