View Full Version : Where to stay when visiting Graceville CF?

dee1one
10-10-2008, 02:34 AM
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has info about what the area around Graceville is like. After almost a year, I am very close to being able to visit my sweetie! I live in KS and have no idea where me and my kids will stay. Is there decent lodging in the area? I'm gonna love being able to visit, and don't wanna lose sleep by having to stay in a creepy hotel/motel! :D Any info at all would be great! Thanks!

mrschetner
10-23-2008, 11:34 PM
There is one hotel listed in Graceville, it is called the Tree Top Inn. No hotel chains, and in fact no restaurant chains either. Your best bet would be to find a hotel in Chipley, which has several hotel and restaurant chains right off the exit (Exit 120) from I-10. It is about 16 miles from Graceville C.I. I have also heard of visitors staying in Dothan, AL, which is apparently right up the pike as well, but coming from a different direction.

ksmileyking
10-29-2008, 09:56 AM
hey sorry, i just seen your post. the graceville hotel isnt much of anything. youre going to have to go into Dothan, Alabama. They have alot of hotels to choose from as well as places to eat and things to do for the kids. Hope it helps. The Knights inn is the best rated price and thats where i always stay.

mamma blue
11-11-2008, 09:56 PM
There is one hotel listed in Graceville, it is called the Tree Top Inn. No hotel chains, and in fact no restaurant chains either. Your best bet would be to find a hotel in Chipley, which has several hotel and restaurant chains right off the exit (Exit 120) from I-10. It is about 16 miles from Graceville C.I. I have also heard of visitors staying in Dothan, AL, which is apparently right up the pike as well, but coming from a different direction.
I stayed at the comfort Inn in Chipley only 12 miles away from Graceville. There were several other hotels in this area. Super 8 was next door also.
Next time we're going to stay in Mariana where theirs a lot of restaurants near by and more hotels to choose from.

IheartStephen
10-26-2009, 05:15 PM
I am going to be going to Graceville WC for the Thanksgiving viso, has anyone stayed at this hotel?? Microtel Inn & Suites Marianna. How is it? Has anyone had a viso at Graceville WC??? How was it?? Its my first viso and I a little worried.

lin787
10-27-2009, 12:54 PM
I think Chipley Super 8 (I think) has good weekday rates, then they jump to $79 plus tax. I drive by their sign just about every day, but had not noticed the small print under the big $49 sign.

I think someone is trying to get a get to gether for holidays so we wont be alone. Its a wonderful idea, I just dont know where its posted. sorry

ms. pulga
11-03-2009, 09:31 AM
i was in Tallahassee this weekend and i went to see my hubby in ACI EAST the drive from Tally is 45 min. i will be staying in the Microtel inn for thankgiving in Marianna. i just made reservations. The area is ok.

(Doing) Time
11-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Also, the Executive Inn in Chipley is pretty good... it's right in the heart of Chipley, next to Super WalMart.

Anjewel
09-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Anyone planning on staying at Super 8 in Chipley needs to read my thread here: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4808301#post4808301