View Full Version : Franklin Ci [?]

KEL▀O'SWiFE
10-01-2008, 09:07 PM
WELL, I RECENTLY POSTED A THREAD ABOUT MY FINACE BEING IN COLUMBIA ANNEX, ASKING FOR ANY INFORMATION.. BUT - I GOT A PHONE CALL FROM HIM THIS EVENING && HE'S NOW IN TALLAHASSEE AT FRANKLIN CI. :cry:
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY LOVED ONES THAT WERE OR STILL ARE LOCATED THERE THAT COULD GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION ON THAT PARTICULAR CAMP?
THANK YOU && GOD BLESS.
-KELBO'S WIFE

nosanity03
10-03-2008, 08:11 AM
I don't have a loved one at Franklin CI, but I can tell you that's its actualy not in Tallahassee. Its located on Hwy 67, in Carrabelle, which is approx. 50 miles to the southwest of Tallahassee. If you need info on the area, just let me know.

KEL▀O'SWiFE
10-05-2008, 06:51 PM
I don't have a loved one at Franklin CI, but I can tell you that's its actualy not in Tallahassee. Its located on Hwy 67, in Carrabelle, which is approx. 50 miles to the southwest of Tallahassee. If you need info on the area, just let me know.

THANKS FOR THE INFO! I WASN'T SURE EXACTLY WHERE IT WAS, JUST KNEW IT WAS IN TALLAHASSEE AREA. :) && ONCE I DECIDE TO MAKE THAT TRIP, I WILL PROBABLY BE CONTACTING YOU.. IT WILL PROBABLY BE AROUND THE BEGINNING OF NEXT MONTH!
GOD BLESS && THANKS AGAIN!!
- KELBO'S WIFE

JnBForever
10-08-2008, 01:10 PM
My fiance just got moved to Franklin CI yesterday. I believe that it will be his permanent camp because he was at CFRC for 3 weeks. I'm in Orlando and I was hoping they would move him closer :( but I'm sure they moved him there because that's where there's room.

scoophwy98
11-29-2008, 12:22 PM
franklin ci is a new facility. Franklin county is a poor county. It is and has been sustained by fed and state grants since the 80's. In order to better generate an economy specifically for Carrabelle, the prison was built.

The state used to put inmates as close to home as possible. These days they do not, the travel generates and stimulates the local economies. Food, lodgeing and fuel........

A bulk of its staff are former oystermen and fishermen regulated out of the bay and retrained with wia money

BenisMom
12-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Be happy to help anyone seeking info about Carrabelle, lodging, restaurants, visits @ Franklin C.I., etc. My son has been there for close to a year & 1/2 & I've been to visit 6 times. My daughter who lives in Tampa goes more often. I'm in NC, so it's hard for me to get there often. We are adventuresome types so we've explored quite a bit & ask lots of questions of the other inmates' families we meet in line. Anything I can do to help, I'm happy to.

GonzalezForever
12-07-2008, 07:56 PM
My fiance was at Franklin CI for quite some time. I went up from Orlando several times to visit. The Sportsmans Lodge is a good cheap place to stay. The prison itself is new, and decent on the inside I guess. No horror stories from my man about what goes on inside. But, we had horrible times at Franklin CI in visitation. I was harassed by female officers. He was harassed by a particular male officer becuase of his charge, and was sent to confinement while we were in visitation when he did nothing wrong. They put cuffs on him right there in front of me and everyone and dragged him away after I had driven 6 hours to be with him for only 1 hour. Then they suspended my visitation for 6 months because I would not leave without a reasonable explanation of what they took him for. I still remember names of all of the officers who harrased either me or him, and the name of the Warden who did nothing about it, even though it was all on video tape. Basicaly, be careful ladies. You and your men are prey to the officers in the VP- and they really get a kick out of it. :(

BenisMom
12-08-2008, 08:11 AM
I went to check out the Sportsman's Lodge too & it seems fine & it's not expensive. Our favorite place to stay is The Franklin Inn, it's closer to FCI & it's new, opened last Christmas. It's only $60/night if you tell them you're visiting an inmate. Rooms are basic but clean & comfortable, microwave & fridge in room & Internet access. For Thanksgiving they cooked a whole turkey dinner w/all the trimmings & put it out buffet-style in the lobby for their guests, I thought that was really nice especially as they know most of us were visiting inmates. Someone posted awhile back that she can't stay there bcuz she had 4 kids & they only allow 4 guests per room. Bill, the manager mentioned it to me & I said I'd seen the post. He said to let her know that's not true, she's welcome to stay w/the 4 children. Hope she reads this! :) Anyway, give them a try, it's always quiet there which I like. I always feel safe even when my daughter stays alone there.

myantelope
12-09-2008, 12:42 PM
My boyfriend is at Franklin and I'm kind of scared to visit him because all the post on here about it but hopefully I wont encounter any problems for a while so I can get used to the system. If anyone has any information that they can give me all is welcome. Like what time you should get there, early, and any other helpful information. Thank you.

nelson's wife
12-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Hi im Tammy I was there yesterday it wasen't so bad in fact the staff was nice, but my husband got in trouble once, or warned abt talking to another inmates visitor that rode with us.... that was crazy seening him was great but being watched is bad, but the staff they was ok,

Kimi06
01-21-2009, 02:33 PM
WELL, I RECENTLY POSTED A THREAD ABOUT MY FINACE BEING IN COLUMBIA ANNEX, ASKING FOR ANY INFORMATION.. BUT - I GOT A PHONE CALL FROM HIM THIS EVENING && HE'S NOW IN TALLAHASSEE AT FRANKLIN CI. :cry:
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY LOVED ONES THAT WERE OR STILL ARE LOCATED THERE THAT COULD GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION ON THAT PARTICULAR CAMP?
THANK YOU && GOD BLESS.
-KELBO'S WIFE

Wow what is this transfer to Franklin CI??? My buddy has just arrived
there today:o any information about Franklin. It's crazy because he was
just @ Columbia Annex now he is here I guess that is a stopping ground
before riding up further. Crazy. Please give me any info if you have it.

KIMI06

Kimi06
01-21-2009, 02:50 PM
My fiance just got moved to Franklin CI yesterday. I believe that it will be his permanent camp because he was at CFRC for 3 weeks. I'm in Orlando and I was hoping they would move him closer :( but I'm sure they moved him there because that's where there's room.

Exactly, because my friend is from South Florida (Miami) and he
was @ GLADES...then went to court and had to stay @ SFRC for
6weeks and then stayed the night at columbia annex and just arrived
at Franklin CI today from what the Vine people said. I know it is because
of room because he would of never chose to be this far North where he
has no family:(

KIMI06

golfermom53
01-21-2009, 04:45 PM
welcome franklin ci loved ones, my son has been there 3 months. i was just there last weekend to visit. it doesn't seem to bad. my son said there is not as much to do there as other places he hear's. visitation is strict, but the guards are pretty nice to visitor's. it is a neww facility so it is clean. if you want any info on hotels or restaurants let me know...
golfermom53