View Full Version : Choice Moore Prison Unit Bonham Texas

lilrebelKymL
12-04-2003, 09:33 PM
hey everyone i am kym with a boyfriend in Choice Moore unit just wondering if there is anyone out there with a loved one in this same unit.. I know a few people already but not online. Just trying to meet someone to see how some of this prison system works. it makes me angry.. let me know thanks!

kelly gomez
12-05-2003, 08:36 AM
hi kym this is kelly my husband is in choice moore unit he has been there since feb. 2003 and i have not been to see him because of transportation but have u been down there and let me know please

lilrebelKymL
12-05-2003, 01:41 PM
Yes I have plenty of times! where do u live? how far is it from Bonham? how old r u? i am only 19 .. i go down there at least once a month b/c i have to share my visitations with his dad and sister and his aunt.. it sucks or i would be there everyweekend if i could.. b/c its only like 30 miles from me.. really really close! who is ur husband david probably knows him!! its a really small unit..

kelly gomez
12-06-2003, 11:34 AM
MY HUSBAND IS ANGEL GOMEZ I LIVE IN FT WORTH I AM 36 AND HAVE 3 LOVELY KIDS BY THIS MAN I WAS JUST WONDERING HOW IT IS BECAUSE WHEN I GET LETTERS FROM HIM HE NEVER TELLS ME HOW IT IS SO I WAS JUST WONDERING I GET LETTER EVER SATURDAY YAH TODAY IS SATURDAY SO I AM WAITING FOR POST MAN HAHA

lilrebelKymL
12-08-2003, 05:27 PM
I know how that is.. one of my friends is getting out of choice moore on monday.. if u want i can take u up there one time.. i will come get u if u want to.. and u can take ur kids too.. do u know if he is in medium custody or regular.. b/c if he is in medium then u have a no contact visit.. if he is regular then u get a full contact visit.. thats the best.. i went to see david and doug this weekend.. i will ask david in the letter i am sending off if he knows him.. doug gets out monday and he could know him and could tell you. most of the guards everyone up there seems really nice.. it a nice place!!

flyinryan39
12-26-2008, 12:26 AM
Do you know how many people are in the unit?

djlowder
12-27-2008, 10:42 PM
flyinryn- My husband has been there for about a year now. I'm not sure exactly how many they keep there, but the capacity is 1,224. if you look at the tdcj website, they will have a unit directory, which has the stats of any unit you need info on.

H_Lashay226
12-29-2008, 01:20 AM
my fiance is at c.moore . i go every weekend =]

TiredOfTexas
01-23-2009, 09:39 AM
My husband was just transferred from Gurney to this unit. I will be going every weekend if someone wants to ride. I live in North Texas between Denton and McKinney.

keepinthafaith
02-23-2009, 09:40 PM
My son was also recently transferred to Choice Unit from Gurney. He seems to like it better. At least that's what his girlfriend told me. She was finally able to visit him. We were never able to visit him in Gurney. He wasn't there long enough. I don't see many people logging in for Choice Unit. Am I in the right place? It's nice to know someone out there has someone in that unit.

missing1/2me
04-20-2009, 04:11 PM
my husband has been there for 2 months now i am lost without him and i havent seen him in 6 months no ride i live in dallas

missmyson40
05-07-2009, 04:15 AM
my son just got moved from gurney to C moore ..im so scared for him can anyone tell me what this unit is like please ..my son is only 19 and looks 16 teen ..hes so scared

MammaD
05-07-2009, 10:40 AM
My son was just transferred this week to C Moore also from Gurney. I got a letter from him yesterday and he's working in the kitchen. In Gurney he worked outside and loved it. He is not an indoor person.

I'm wondering how long it takes to get in for a visit if you get there at 8:00 a.m. This is a very busy weekend but I'll be out of town next week for 8 days so can't visit next week-end. I hate to miss church on Sunday to visit, besides my other son is coming for Mother's Day. OMGosh! I'm whining aren't I! So sorry. I'll figure this out!!!

djlowder
05-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Missmyson40, I know how you feel, I was so scared for my husband when he first got in the system. He's been at Choice Moore since January 2008. He says there are a lot of crooked CO's there... but all the horror stories you hear...are just that. Yeah, it's prison...but it's not a hard core unit. Do you know what dorm he is in? If he's in my husbands dorm, I'll tell my hubby to befriend him. ;) Hope this helps!

my son just got moved from gurney to C moore ..im so scared for him can anyone tell me what this unit is like please ..my son is only 19 and looks 16 teen ..hes so scared

djlowder
05-09-2009, 09:52 PM
MammaD, lol you're not whining! :) My husband has been at C Moore for almost a year and a half. I believe he can "apply" or ask for a different job. My husband is the Unit Artist right now. He has done several art projects there including a full wall mural. (not the one in the visitation room)
This weekend will be fairly busy because of Mothers Day...but I ALWAYS get there at 8:00am, and it's not bad at all! Most people come after church, so by noon or so they say it's PACKED. I'll be going in the morning and be there at 8:00...maybe I'll see you there! :)
Hope this reaches you in time!:)

My son was just transferred this week to C Moore also from Gurney. I got a letter from him yesterday and he's working in the kitchen. In Gurney he worked outside and loved it. He is not an indoor person.

I'm wondering how long it takes to get in for a visit if you get there at 8:00 a.m. This is a very busy weekend but I'll be out of town next week for 8 days so can't visit next week-end. I hate to miss church on Sunday to visit, besides my other son is coming for Mother's Day. OMGosh! I'm whining aren't I! So sorry. I'll figure this out!!!

MRS_KUYKENDALL
05-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Hey i went to visit at choice moore unit on 5/16/2009 they make you feel so out of place over there i just pray every night for all our love ones so please join in pray for our love ones safe return.......

DJ's_Momma
05-29-2009, 05:24 PM
My son started out in county about 8 months ago. He was transferred to Gurney (they call it naked Gurney because of being stripped searched all the time) two months ago and one month ago, he was transferred to Choice Moore (they refer to C Moore as the daycare of Texas prisons). I visited him on county and that was miserable through the glass on a phone. I didn't get to visit him at Gurney because he wasn't there long enough. I have been to C Moore on the 17th and the 24th of this month. I have to admit that it is so much better than county. I mean, two hours at a table, feeding him snacks, being able to touch and talk in person. It's 3 1/2 hours away but I plan on going often until he gets out. In county I just wanted a hug. I got that so I'm doing pretty good today.

djlowder...my son actually told me there was a Unit Artist this last weekend. :)

jmmo602
05-31-2009, 10:03 PM
Do the same visitation rules apply at Moore? If you live 300 miles away, you can have a 4 hour visit? My husband just transferred to Moore and he told me all the visits are contact and I live in San Antonio, so just wondering if I'll be able to have a 4hr contact visit with him. Any help is greatly appreciated!

GraysonMom
05-31-2009, 11:00 PM
Yes, the same rules apply on visitation. Special Visits must be approved by the Warden and every unit is pretty much a stickler regarding the 300 mile rule. Here is a link that should help you. Speical Visit information begins on page 25. Hope this helps and Blessings as always.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/publications/cid/Offender%20Rules%20and%20Reg%20(8-13-08).pdf

bglasscock
06-03-2009, 11:34 AM
hey everyone i am kym with a boyfriend in Choice Moore unit just wondering if there is anyone out there with a loved one in this same unit.. I know a few people already but not online. Just trying to meet someone to see how some of this prison system works. it makes me angry.. let me know thanks!

Hi my name is Billie Glasscock. My brother Robert Youngman is there. What is your boyfriends name is. I can communicate the information to my brother. And see if they know each other.

Please reply,

thank you
billie

lostwithouthim0
06-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Hey! I have a loved one at Choice Moore. He has been there about 7 weeks. I have gone to visit 2 times and it seems to go smoothly. How often are you able to make it to visit?

FlowerChild44
06-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Hey! I have a loved one at Choice Moore. He has been there about 7 weeks. I have gone to visit 2 times and it seems to go smoothly. How often are you able to make it to visit?

Yes, My father has been there about 3 months. My sister and I most always go out there every weekend. If not both of us together then its usually just one of us. we come from dallas area. How often are you able to visit?

laura22rivas
12-18-2010, 10:46 PM
hi yes i have my husband in that prison since last year his almost home ,,but i live in dallas tx he is like 2 hrs away from my house but if there nothing i can do for u let me now ,, my name is laura

lbyrd83
04-06-2011, 11:29 AM

My son just got sent there

myoung619
12-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Yes I have plenty of times! where do u live? how far is it from Bonham? how old r u? i am only 19 .. i go down there at least once a month b/c i have to share my visitations with his dad and sister and his aunt.. it sucks or i would be there everyweekend if i could.. b/c its only like 30 miles from me.. really really close! who is ur husband david probably knows him!! its a really small unit..

Are you going on Christmas day ? I live in Longview it's been 6 months since I have seen him . I really miss him let me know please.

myoung619
12-24-2011, 04:03 PM
My son started out in county about 8 months ago. He was transferred to Gurney (they call it naked Gurney because of being stripped searched all the time) two months ago and one month ago, he was transferred to Choice Moore (they refer to C Moore as the daycare of Texas prisons). I visited him on county and that was miserable through the glass on a phone. I didn't get to visit him at Gurney because he wasn't there long enough. I have been to C Moore on the 17th and the 24th of this month. I have to admit that it is so much better than county. I mean, two hours at a table, feeding him snacks, being able to touch and talk in person. It's 3 1/2 hours away but I plan on going often until he gets out. In county I just wanted a hug. I got that so I'm doing pretty good today.

djlowder...my son actually told me there was a Unit Artist this last weekend. :)

I live in Longview and my husband is there I havent seen him in six months due to transportation . It's horrible maybe we could share a ride if you live close enough.

w_miller
01-24-2012, 02:25 PM
My good friend is in choice moore, i havent been to see him yet, i would like to. I have never been to a prison. I havent been yet bc i live in arlington and i drive an older car i would be scared to break down or something... If anyone is interested in a rideshare in their car i will split gas$

Chikinholla
02-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Don't mean to 'butt in' here, but I am going to be making the trip to C Moore unit in the near future, and if anyone is in my travel path they are welcome to contact me to carpool or something. I will be traveling from MT Enterprise, which is south of Henderson.

BiggiesBabyGirl
02-25-2012, 03:45 PM

Hi Kym - my husband just arrived at C. Moore this week. I haven't heard anything yet. Going for my first visit this weekend and hopefully will know more after that. Will you let me know what you learn?

jennb8511
07-18-2012, 05:10 PM
My boyfriend is in there and I'm only 20 years old and have no way possible of going to see him. I hear the visits are 2 hr CONTACT and that would be such a blessing to see him.. I miss him so much. I have gas money if anyone can help I live in dallas.

dizzymaiden
07-18-2012, 09:31 PM
My boyfriend is in choice moore hes been there since March of last year I try to go down atleast once a month to see him i'm from Temple

Qnyella
08-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Anyone looking for a ride coming from texarkana tx to c. Moore evry sat. Must have gas$$$$

behrens
09-04-2012, 05:22 PM

this unit is run like they are suppose to be.according to my LO and other families LOs..the staff is usually easy to deal with there might be one or two we have ran into that is cocky but most are willing to help.
visits are all contact...unless there is an issue..contact inmate services reguarding your first visit...it may be just fine if your LO has been in the system long enough...just to be on safe side before you make that drive..
cars are not searched...you are...visitation roon is big and sunny...
pics are taken first weekend of each month.