View Full Version : No Visits To Daddy......

JEM69
10-01-2008, 03:03 AM
I am being jacked around, but even worse, my kids are not getting to visit their Daddy. I have filled out the visits forms for myself, and three kids to visit my ex in, Pacific, but he was released before we had a chance to visit. He was arrested again, and sent to Matsqui in Abbotsford, to finish out his sentence. I called asking to book a visit, but was told that I had to re apply, cause all approved visitors were wiped off his lists, after he was released. (He was arrested again, only 1 short month, later) Anyways, long story short.....The kids and I went down to Matsqui, and filled out the applications again, with pictures of all of us, stuck them in a envelope, put them in the proper box.....and 1 month later, I call, and they tell me there is no such forms, or records of me applying for visits????????
I left out, the part where the 2 Correctional guards at the front gate, were very rude, and anal. They called me an F*&^%$%$ B*&^% and made me wait, laughing as I put the papers in the red box, all because they overheard me say what goofs they were being, to me and my children. My guess is.....they took out the applications, after we left. What do you think? Help?

spacecase77
10-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Wow, that sucks!!!
Some guards are such a-holes!!!
I would reapply for visits right away and keep track of the time and date, as well as any phone calls you make to check up after.
I don't know if you can do anything about the paperwork you already dropped off though. Sorry this happened to you.

TMM
10-12-2008, 10:07 PM
I don't know about this institution but I was really lucky and my husbands P.O. officer told me to send them to her because things seem to constantly get lost some how. Also she told me anything of imprtance that is sent to photocopy first. Hope this helps.

JEM69
10-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks for your words of support. The kids finally got letters from Daddy. My little guy carries his letter around with an ear to ear grin. Made my daughter, cry her eyes out, when she read it to us, out loud. Made Mommy cry too. We miss you lots......:broken:

ChristinaL
10-31-2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks for your words of support. The kids finally got letters from Daddy. My little guy carries his letter around with an ear to ear grin. Made my daughter, cry her eyes out, when she read it to us, out loud. Made Mommy cry too. We miss you lots......:broken:

My heart goes out to you........... Keep strong, if not for you,,,,,,, for the children. Keep positive as we all on this forum, going thru the same thing, in one way or the other. We are here for you and will be here. Feel free to talk in private if you wish. Send someone a message and it will be returned, that's a god send on this forum. No on judges you...

JEM69
12-31-2008, 04:08 AM
Well, the kids got to see Daddy finally!! Turns out he got transferred to Ferndale in Mission. I sent in the applications for visits, and soon we were approved. Gone to see him 3 times already. Spent 4 hours there on Christmas Day, and it was a nice visit. Relaxing, open, and the Guards were great. Seeing how happy my son and daughter were to see him walk in that room, was awesome. He will not be released until April of 09, and I intend on making their relationship with him grow, even if it is on someone else's terms. I hope my ex is serious when he says, he can't wait to get out, so he can catch up on time lost with his children. I will always love my ex, but we could never be together again. All I hope for and expect from him, for myself is......friendship. 12 years and 2 kids should be worth something, I think. My fingers are crossed. Thanks for letting me share, all. May your New Year be filled with hope.......Jem69