View Full Version : Question: how to cash my boyfriends check for him...

srb_52
09-28-2008, 07:53 PM
:confused:Hey everyone. I have a question..

okay so my boyfriend got arrested recently and he still had a check coming to him. He wants me to deposit it into my bank account so I can have the money. He's going to write his job to release the check to me but I still need to cash it or deposite it.

Is there anyway to go about doing this?
I have his ID and someone was telling me he could sign it off to me if i braught it to the jail but im not sure if thats true or if the bank would acknowledge that...

Does anyone know if its possible... and if so how???

coffeegirl
09-29-2008, 12:23 AM

okay so my boyfriend got arrested recently and he still had a check coming to him. He wants me to deposit it into my bank account so I can have the money. He's going to write his job to release the check to me but I still need to cash it or deposite it.

I have his ID and someone was telling me he could sign it off to me if i braught it to the jail but im not sure if thats true or if the bank would acknowledge that...

Yes, it is possible, when you go to visitation, you can take it with you and talk to the officer. There is this little door in the wall where i visit and they pass the checks through and the inmate signs it. you can call the jail where he is and ask them the procedure for that jail. Have him sign it pay to the order of pn the back with your name and he signs under it. I know alot of banks lately won't cash checks from third parties anymore, but if you have been there for a while they will probably let it slide. Good luck.

ju's wife
09-29-2008, 11:27 AM

when my husband went I had his atm card so I just deposited it into his account and used his money for what I need or if needed money on his books... I can just take it out of his acct. I can sign his name too...guess after being married for so long that is just a skill you aquire,LOL

srb_52
10-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Thank you ladies... I called the jail and found out that he needs to endorse the back and then my banker said he'd do it for me. =D Thank you for your help!