View Full Version : New here NEED HELP..!!

curvychica3
09-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Ok im new here to R.J. Donovan and my boyfriend was just tansfered here with a sentence of 12 years from LA County :(. And im worried bacause i have not received a call or letter from him let...could something be the matter?

I had heard something about "mainstream" what is that exactly?:confused:

Also i was wondering could he not be able to make phone calls or write letters yet because he has just transfered???

Any info would greatly be appriciated...

JustNoBody
09-25-2008, 11:51 PM
I know its frustrating, but it's takes some time for them to be classified. Mainlined means him being placed on a mainlined yard- depending on his crime, his "gang" affiliation, or lack of it- he might be placed on a SYN yard. Yard placement doesn't really matter. If he is mainlined at Donovan- he would have to be a level 1 or 2 inmate- a level 4 inmate is classified as a SYN there; only because they just don't have a level 3 or 4 mainlined yard there. Donovan is a huge reception center- so he might just be in transport to another prison. I would call and find his counselor tomorrow, and see if they can help get you any specific details.
He might not have writing materials to send a letter home, or a GTL account might need to be reinstated for him to call. I know while in reception they are really restricted with the phones, and Donovan has phone issues anyways.
With a 12 year sentence, he's probably in reception, and will go to classification and be transfered....but who knows :) Please PM me if you have any specific questions.

his#1 bball fan
09-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Since he just got transfered from county he is going thru his reception period and will not be able to call you until he is mainlined. My husband went thru reception for 4 months @ Donovan and I never got one from call from him that whole time :( We only communicated thru letters and as soon as I got approved from the state, I was able to go see him for an hour behind glass.

He will probably get a sheet a paper and envelope from another cellie so he can write you or if he has his funds available and is able to go to canteen (store) he might be able to purchase these things. Don't worry....I'm sure you'll be hearing from him soon :) Letters take about 3 days from SD to where you are at (not counting weekends as they do not send mail out on those days). Hope you hear from him soon :)