View Full Version : Transportation to Stateville

missy008
09-25-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm from chicago and my man was recently transferred to stateville and i'm hearing that the pace bus 831 goes to stateville..I'm going to call rta to get more information about how to get to and from there..what i want to know is: I will be going to visit my man on a weekday so i can visit with him for 2 hours..sometimes i can't go on a weekday because i work and will have to visit on the weekend (which i heard is 1 hour visits) but anyway i wanted some information about this bus. when i went to a website online this bus only comes once a day..that's there and back..it will take 2 hours for the bus to come back to stateville after it leaves..the visit with my man is 2 hours long..will i have to leave early to catch this bus before it leaves or will the bus wait for a certain length of time before it leaves for good..and on the weekend when my visits are 1 hour long will i have to wait that extra hour for the bus to come back since the bus comes every 2 hours.. any information about this bus will be appreciated.

verysweet
09-26-2008, 03:07 AM
I don't know about the pace bus but I know there use to be a guy that had a van that would take people to prisons like statesville you just had to meet him at a certain place he wouldn't come to your home and pick you up. I can't remember the name of it but I'll ask my friend because her sister use to use that service to visit her hubby

verysweet
09-26-2008, 03:20 AM
Try them I don't know if there the same people I was telling you about but its worth a shot
prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230723 << put your www's at the beginning it won't let me post links because i'm new but the link goes to a thread on this site

missy008
09-26-2008, 02:41 PM
thanks verysweet..if anyone else have any information it would be gladly appreciated.

WillzWife4Life
12-04-2008, 11:09 AM
I used to work for the RTA and that bus only goes to Statesville on the weekends...I think the way the bus is designed to travel is to give you enough time to visit and then have a ride back...correct it does leave Midway, twice a day...hope I help...go to rtachicago.com