View Full Version : Limon Info Needed

Mithermoo
09-24-2008, 11:00 AM
:confused: Hey everyone...my guy was just transferred to Limon. He is only in till March and he thought he was going to Trinidad. He is "Minimum Restrictive" I don't even know what that means. Can anyone please tell me anything at all about visitation, etc. I still haven't talked to him and I can't access the DOC website for whatever reason, so I have no information. Any would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for everything everyone ! ! !

StephBee
09-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Visiting this Facility: Visiting days and hours:
Friday - Noon to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday - Noon to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday - Noon to 5:00 p.m.
Visitors will not be allowed on DOC property until 11:20 a.m. An offender may have the same visitor on Friday and Saturday or Friday and Sunday but not on Saturday and Sunday.
( I know you can't access the website so that's direct from them)

It's a level 4 facility meaning it ususally houses higher risk inmate but I suspect Troy went there because they had a minimum bed for him. He may get moved or he may just stay there till his mrd in March. (it's better than DRDC!)

Warden: Steve Hartley
Associate Wardens:

Travis Trani

Address:

49030 State Hwy 71
Limon, 80826

Telephone: (719)775-9221
(For your letter writting purposes :p)

sueb
10-03-2008, 06:23 PM
My man is at Limon and I've visited several times. Like all the others you will have to fill out and be approved for visiting. I drive from Kansas City so with special visit requests I've been able to see my man all 3 days, those will have to be filled out by your loved one and approved by his case manager. Limon is a very little quaint town and some places you might want to stay are a little on the cold side when they find out where you are going. The first few times I was there the staff were more than helpful but that changes like Colorado weather, one day nice the next not so nice. Dress casual but watch the colors, easy on and easy off shoes as they inspect everything and everywhere. Be sure to lock your car and don't think about leaving as much as a minute size crack or they will either make you just close them or have been known to ask you to leave completely cancelling your visit (seen that happen to people there). Canteen prices are pretty high so bring enough cash to load up your card so you have enough to make your visit a good one. Good luck SueB

Mithermoo
10-05-2008, 08:01 PM
I have filled out a Visitor's Application over a week ago. Do you know how long it takes to get approved? I live in the Denver area, so it's only about an 1 1/2 drive for me. What do you mean the canteen prices and cash to load my card? I still am unable to access the DOC site from this computer, (some kind of block), so I'm really limited on any information. So everything that I get on this website is very appreciative. Also he said something about bringing my camera in. Is this something I can do? What all can I bring in there with me.

Thanks everyone for all the information...I really appreciate it.

StephBee
10-05-2008, 08:17 PM
I don't know about the camera but as far as getting approved, since Limon's a state prison, it should only take about 10 buisness days (aka about another week or so). What she means by canteen stuff is make sure you have money to spend in the vending machines for food and whatnot while your visiting. The food probably sucks but you'll both probably want to eat.

If you need me to look up something on DOC's website, you're welcome to IM me or PM me and I'll be happy to help out. It's really weird you can't get it on your computer :p

seansbabyluv
10-06-2008, 12:14 AM
Most of the facilities will take digital pictures of you but he has to have money on his canteen to pay for it. You can't pay for it. He can give the pics to you to take with. I would take them home and scan them into my computer and then send the original pics back to him.

Mithermoo
10-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Hi all -

Well I did get approved. It took approximately 10 days. They gave him a copy of my visitor application with indication that I was approved. So he actually knew before I did. (Since I talk to him everyday). So I am heading up there on Sunday. We are both excited. Anymore information will be greatly appreciated on Limon. I'll post what I find out when I get up there. One more thing...do they let me take money in there for the machines or whatever? Also what about jewelry, etc.?

Thanks for everyone's help.

galgrif
10-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Congrats on getting approved!

The 1st visit is the hardest (for me anyway) not knowing what to expect was extremely unnerving and leaving was very hard. Of course, leaving was never easy....

They give you a "debit" card that you put money on through a machine, no cash is allowed. You then use that card to buy whatever is available such as coffee, tea, pop, snacks and sometimes better things like salad, etc. Generally, the inmate is not allowed to get up and do this, only the visitor is. The guards will help you and usually there are nice people there visiting who know the ropes and can help too.

I wouldnt wear any jewelry this visit. Hold off until you know what the rules are. I was able to wear a wedding band but that was all.

Dont take anything in with you other than your cash for the card, I wouldnt take more that 50 bucks initially until you know what they allow, and your car key. Just your car key. Remove other keys and lock them in your car. Of course your remote is ok if you use one for your door locks.

This is standard info as I have never visited Limon but Limon is a state facility so the rules should be pretty similar to the facility I visited in.

Dont be afraid to ask the guards questions. I always felt that they would rather you ask and know the first time around than make mistakes down the road.

Dress CONSERVATIVELY!!!! And I mean like your mom would. This is the number one thing that I saw folks being turned around for. Dont wear green or grey. Your top shouldnt be lower than your adams apple and you should be covered in the middle.

Use this 1st visit to enjoy your loved one but also to get a feel for what is allowed and what is not. Down the road you will be glad that you did, I promise.

Most of all, enjoy your visit!!!!

Her_Man
10-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Great advice and right on target!:thumbsup:

I care
01-24-2009, 09:22 PM
thank you for all the informantion on limons if anyone know anymore things about it please let m know

Mithermoo
01-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi - I care

My guy is in Limon right now (22 more days and a wake up) and I have been up several times to visit him.

If you need any information, please let me know and I'll try to help.

Have a great day ! ! !