View Full Version : Solano County Jails Q&A

tara3
09-17-2006, 01:27 PM
hello,
i had my first visit to corcoran state prison 3 weeks ago. it was a good visit with my son, although it was cut short on sunday due to the crowd. i went by train which was enjoyable but 5 1/2 hours. i'm looking for someone to car pool with from solano county.
tara3

sly
09-17-2006, 03:31 PM
HI, Im from Solano County also. I would be happy to carpool with you. I will be visiting my fiancee his at A yard CSATF. Thanks

missinhim707
02-06-2007, 10:36 AM
My Brother is currently in custudy at solano county jail facing charges of murder. I know everybody says they didnt do it when there in there but he really didnt do it but he just can be a snitch because i dont know whats worse being a snitch in there or being charged with the crime but anyways. We live in kinda of a small town and when this happened the news papers were so biased sayin oh he is no stranger to crime and just really putting opinions in peoples head and right now currently he is in solano county jail and he says that there treating him just horrible i know my brother and i know he has been in jail before and can handle it and for him to say he is scared of the co's is a lot i mean my brother has been in prison for 5 years before so its not like he would really be scared of some c.o.'s in a county jail. but he says that there picking on all the southern hispanics taking them out of there cells and beating them for no reason he asked me to get help but i feel so useless what can i do how do i fight the system? i mean there human not animals my brother is scared for his life. do inmates have any rights? if anyone has any infor mation to help me out i would greatly appreciate it. thank you for taking the time to read this.

LeBeau
02-06-2007, 11:44 AM
If he is innocent, then it is not being "a snitch" to provide evidence of his innocence. Being a snitch, in my book, means getting out from under something you DID do by rolling over on someone else, or makin' up stuff for whatever reason people make up stuff... defending yourself from an unjust charge is not wrong and if his "friends" think he should do someone else's life sentence, he needs new friends.
Yes, inmates have rights and you should make sure his lawyer knows if those rights are being violated.
If his lawyer is not interested, contact your local ACLU chapter.

sligoker
02-07-2007, 02:05 PM
I agree---I don't buy the I don't want to snitch line, especially if he is facing a murder charge. It would be helpful if you gave us more information.

missinhim707
02-07-2007, 05:15 PM
thank you for your comments there helpful. I was mainly wondering though besides that aspect of the situation is there anything i can do for the treatment of the sothern hispanic inmates in that jail? I mean can they really treat them how ever they want can they beat them for no reason not give them there food put them in a cell with only boxers on in an air conditioned cell. can they do this? This is just so ridiculous how they can treat them this is america not a 3rd world country.I understand that the CO's have to be rough with them thats a given im not asking them to cater them like there at a hotel either but i mean at least treat them like a human being you know? thank you im going to look into my local aclu thanks!!

sligoker
02-07-2007, 05:51 PM
When you say southern hispanics what are you referring too? If CO's are blantly beating people for no reason first call the Warden or Sheriff's office, and tell them that you are going to call the ACLU unless you get action. You aren't being very descriptive so its hard to really help you.

PRIME EVIL
02-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Southern Hispanics = Surenos

Coming from a C.O. (me), Surenos have been causing major disturbances, staff assaults and riots up and down California. I am not saying your brother is one of those but Surenos in Jail are required to support their cause, meaning all members must participate in gang activities or get slashed across their cheek with a razor (by their own members!). :confused:

He needs to drop out and realize that blood is thicker than water. If he is protecting someone who committed the murder, his priorities are way out of line. I work with some ex-validated hard hitters. Hearing them say that they wasted thier lives for a gang that didn't offer them anything is what current active members need to hear.

If those C.O. are beating you brother for no reason, they are the minority and should be reported. What I do know is alot of inmates disrespect staff on a daily basis trying to get them to flash on them, and it does happen, almost as much as when inmates assault staff!!!:mad:

hiscarlybear
05-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Hi Everyone!

I am new to PTO and am dating a 'soon to be inmate' at the Solano County Detention Facility.
I am just wondering if there is anyone else out here who has a loved one in this jail?
if so, have you been there before to visit? What should I expect?
is it rough there? I wanna know what my baby is going to be dealing with :(

thanks!

Guess707
09-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Does anyone know if there's a way to get an inmates mugshot in Solano County? Please let me know. Thanks ^_^

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
09-19-2008, 10:38 PM
California does not have inmate pictures available online babe. = )

mama2princesses
06-07-2010, 08:22 PM
my boyfriend was sentenced and taken into custody and I couldnt get a lot of info about anything really. I called the booking number and was told that as of right now he is at the solano country justice center facility and could get visitors as of tomorrow. Then from there they said he may or may not be transferred to the other county facility on claybank.

I looked at the website and the other solano county facility on claybank has it listed as 3 visitors at a time per visit (and one 1hr visit per week)... but this facility doesnt. I of course want to go see him but so does his family. I know he can have two 30 min visits per week but I just cant figure out how many can come to each visit and they are not answering the general info number and the booking guy was working on my mans paperwork as I called so I dont want to irritate him by calling back with more questions

also what can I expect? Are they strict with the 30 min rule? Is there any contact allowed (like hugs or quick kisses)?

thanks in advance. This is scary and I'm of course heartbroken.

Mrs. Happy
06-07-2010, 08:44 PM
My husband is at the solano county justice center and there is NO CONTACT VISITS @ this jail. Only one adult @ a time when u visit however u can split the visits. One adult goes up for 15min then then the other one goes for 15 min. All minors need a birth certificate and can only visit with a parent or legal guardian. Claybank is for the inmates who already have been sentenced.

mama2princesses
06-07-2010, 11:35 PM
he has already been sentenced so I wonder why they have him there then. He was sentenced and taken in to custody immediately today at the courthouse.

mama2princesses
06-07-2010, 11:35 PM
oh and THANK YOU

mama2princesses
06-07-2010, 11:51 PM
and non contact... that means like sitting with glass between us?

Sylvia
06-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Yes that is the definition of non contact. Window and telephone that hopefully works.

mama2princesses
06-08-2010, 12:19 AM
well that sucks :(

Shari
06-08-2010, 01:43 PM
If they are sent to the other place once they are sentenced maybe they had to wait until all his paperwork was updated and complete before he could be transfered and will be within a day or so.

Mrs. Happy
06-08-2010, 06:00 PM
He is probably waiting 2 go 2 prison or claybank depending on how much time they gave him.

mama2princesses
06-08-2010, 07:56 PM
I got to visit him today. I got there at 130 and they told me they would call everyone at 2 to go upstairs. We got upstairs at about 210. There were already a few people in there chatting and then 3 of us that came up. My boyfriend was the last to be brought up and there were 2 phones available. None were working and then a CO noticed and turned one on or something so we got one. We got a little under 20 mins before the phone cut off which sucked because all those other people... including the 2 that were already in the room when I got there were still chatting away. Not sure if the phone just messed up or what since the CO never came and got him. STILL it was awesome to get to see him. I was back in Vacaville before 3.... and I stopped to get lunch... we definitely got cut short!

He is getting treated like crap. He got there at 4pm and they did not feed him until this morning. His cellmate luckily gave him some chips last night. His tooth is bothering him really bad suddenly and he asked if they had dental at all (hes got coverage to pay) and they said no. He asked if he was allowed to go to some sort of in jail church or talk to a chaplain at any point and they said he was allowed to go to a church type thing every 3-4 weeks because they rotated it and there was no chaplains or anything like that available.

I was able to put money in his account so he could order today to get some basic needs and he was put in the commissary system finally at like 3pm or so (I checked all day) and so I ordered him the biggest food basket they had so he could eat more.

At first they told him since he had a court date (separate stuff... family court) in June and July that he wouldnt be moved. But now today he asked and they said hopefully in the next few days to a week he will be moved. I'm hoping that he will write or let me know or call to let us know as soon as that happens.... I've already written him twice! This is very hard. I am very thankful that it is just 2 months.... I would stay by his side even if was years but its so hard to not even get to hold his hand or hug him :(

mama2princesses
06-08-2010, 07:59 PM
He is probably waiting 2 go 2 prison or claybank depending on how much time they gave him.

he got sentenced to 120 days (the judge said 60 to be served) county so its supposed to be claybank

mama2princesses
06-09-2010, 12:19 PM
anyone ever use the icare commisary thing? I did (and boy is that stuff a rip off! but still I wanted to make him smile) and I was under the impression from the FAQ's and the note that the Justice Center detention facility has Monday-Friday deliveries that it was next day..... but a day later and it still just says "submitted"... not in process or fulfilled. According to the site submitted means waitig for fulfillment. I'm just curious if it will get to him before the weekend.... because we are HOPING he gets moved to claybank early next week and I dont want a $113 (With tax and shipping) package to disappear since the site implies that if it goes to the wrong place you are SOL... even though I never had to enter an address.. just his id and it brought up his name

mama2princesses
06-11-2010, 02:53 PM
well just in case anyone sees this and wonders the answer. I ordered Tuesday and he got it last night (thursday night). He said everyone was jealous.... so yeah it means a lot to them... worth paying so much for so little. Of course people have stolen some of his stuff, but hes happy because his tummy is fuller.