View Full Version : New Here & Have Questions

Marissa&Michael
09-12-2008, 08:24 PM
hello everyone.. i just had a couple questions i hope someone can help me answer.. sorry if they r dumb but this is the first time for me going thru this..

how long does it usual take to get approved for visit? should i call to see if i got approved? about 4 months ago i got a speeding ticket but i didnt write it on my application will i get penalized?..

also...
when should he find out is release date?.. hes only been there since july 29th and said he hasnt met with his counselor yet how long does it take?..

and...
wuts up with there mail system? are they slow there?.. it took a month to get all his letters at first.. he told me last that he is in the gym.. how long before he gets to mainline?..

again im so sorry for all the questions but this is the first time for me going thru this its really hard and difficult i used to see my husband twice a week and talk to him daily wen he was in jail... now im trying to wait and be patient... reading all the other posts really helps tho.. i would really appreciate if someone can help me find some answers to my many questions...

bernadette
09-13-2008, 05:05 PM
first of all welcome to PTO and the California Forum
no question is dumb
it can take a up to 8 weeks for approval

here is the link to Donavan hope it helps

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190061

Marissa&Michael
09-13-2008, 09:06 PM
thank u so much for your reply.. and yes it does help..

his#1 bball fan
09-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi and welcome! Some of your questions I can help you with :) The visiting process takes anywhere from 4 weeks and up. Mine took almost 2 months :( But every case is different. If I were you I would just call after a month and ask the visiting staff to check on your application status. As far as the ticket- I don't think they look at that, they are lookin for criminal charges.

He should be meeting with his counselor soon....he/she will tell him his release date. I can't remember how long it took my husband after he first got to Donovan but I know it was within the month or so he had his release date. It took my husband almost 3 months to be mainlined. And regarding mail....sometimes they are fast at sending it out and sometimes they are really really slow.....I know you must be frustrated because its the only way you have to communicate with him right now but hang in there....soon this part (reception) will be over....if you have any other questions let me know :)

Marissa&Michael
09-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Thank u sooo much... i called and they didnt tell me aything regarding visit so i went over there a couple days later and found out i was approved then my husband sent me the form saying i got approved.. so this weekend is my first visit and the first time i have seen my husband in 6 weeks im soooo excited... its a non contact but as long as i get to see him thats all i care about.. if the counselor gives him his release date will it change again?.. or that is his permanent date?.. i know soon he will see his counselor and be mainlined its all a matter of waiting.. im just waiting for everything to be over.. thanks again for all ur help!!:)