View Full Version : Pictures - Daniel Unit - Texas Prison

rg'sgirl
09-08-2008, 03:00 PM
I am going to visit at Price Daniel Saturday, Sept. 13th and the lady told me they would be taking pictures. That's great, but we can't have a contact visit, so how does the picture thing work for that?:confused:

bigmamazz
09-08-2008, 03:05 PM
I know I was confused the first time too...but they take one of him by himself. If you decided to take one yourself it'll just be you in the pic. They'll ask you who's gonna keep the pic you or him.

Hope this helps...:)

ReggiesLady
09-08-2008, 04:07 PM
They can and will take a pic of you sitting on the ledge of the booth and him behind you on the other side of the glass. They used to do this at Stiles all the time but I haven't seen it done at Beto. There was an officer who took pride in the pics she took and how she could get the camera not to catch the glare. There aren't many like her that could do it but it is possible to have one "together" that way. Otherwise, it will be as described above.

Ronjrsgirl
09-08-2008, 05:31 PM
When Ron was over there, they would just take a pic of him or just me. Not one together or even on the ledge. This has been about six months, hope things have changed since this time. Good Luck on getting your pic.

bigmamazz
09-08-2008, 08:01 PM
I guess it depends on the unit and how it's built...

rg'sgirl
09-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Guess I will just wait until Saturday and see what the day brings. Just seeing R.G. will be enough for me. Thanks to all of you for your support.

bigmamazz
09-08-2008, 08:13 PM
I know what you mean...just spending that time with them is wonderful. I hope you have an AWESOME visit...

Stay Safe and Take Care

Willette22
09-08-2008, 08:17 PM
my man was at the Polunsky Unit and we could sit on the ledge and get the pic with him in the background..pretty nice of them...that sure doesn't happen much...the nice thing anyway...have a great visit...the non contact are rough but it beats nothing...

redroses
09-08-2008, 09:42 PM
We just got some taken at our last visit and I ask the CO if we could sit in the Corner on the ledge . I was sitting on one side and my sweetie was sitting on the other side ( remember the window between us ) right behind me , I had ask the CO if he could take it from an angle because of the flash , which with the digital camera there was no flash :o . One pic together and one by himself . I got the pictures and will go to walmart to the scanner they have there and get the pictures adjusted and get some printed out for him and send it to him .

bigmamazz
09-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Digital??? They still use polaroid at Eastham...digital would be nice. :)

rg'sgirl
09-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Well, pictures may be the least of my problems. With Ike just around the corner, i just may need to do the visit some other time. Heavy rain in the Dallas area or in West Texas. Who knows? But thanks to everyone for all the info. If I can just get R.G. to request a contact visit then everything will be good. But he is hard headed! Part of why I love him. Take care.

GoodBI_girl
03-03-2010, 07:01 PM
They can and will take a pic of you sitting on the ledge of the booth and him behind you on the other side of the glass. They used to do this at Stiles all the time but I haven't seen it done at Beto. There was an officer who took pride in the pics she took and how she could get the camera not to catch the glare. There aren't many like her that could do it but it is possible to have one "together" that way. Otherwise, it will be as described above.

Odd as it sounds I saw some relatively beautiful wedding pictures taken like that. My first look was the smiling couple, then I pan back to the separation and the setting,actually very nice.

My only suggestion is "melting" the two together wth Photoshop, might look pretty good.

deerwoman
03-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Good morning Gingertrail, how are you doing?

GoodBI_girl
03-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Good morning Gingertrail, how are you doing?

I'll PM you, but got some very bad news. He got a "serve all, but try next year " letter and is not wanting to spend another sweltering summer in Snyder.:angry:

Sweltering Summer in Snyder, Part Deux:eek:

One With HIM
01-04-2011, 05:29 PM
I am going to visit at Price Daniel Saturday, Sept. 13th and the lady told me they would be taking pictures. That's great, but we can't have a contact visit, so how does the picture thing work for that?:confused:

I've seen this done - the guard will take the picture from the outside with you and him on the other side, there may be a glare - they won't allow the inmate to come out. That's how they do it.