View Full Version : Latest on GA Get-together

mnd4evr
11-30-2003, 09:11 AM
:wave:

Hey All-

I chatted with mrskendrick2you about our get-together yesterday and we have come up with some ideas for our first meeting, trying to keep in mind that we are all on a tight budget. Below are our thoughts and please provide any additional feedback.

12/12-Friday:
Meet at a central location in Atlanta for dinner. We discussed the Cumberland Mall area in Cobb County since we have interest from practically Alabama to South Carolina. Our thoughts were Ryan's or Golden Corral for practicality, plus most 'diet' preferences would be covered. We thought this could be kind of like an introductory/hangout night since all of us have school/work or household management during the day.

12/13-Saturday:
Go to the Magical Night of Lights at Lake Lanier. It's $25.00 per car, so depending on how many of us there are would depend on the cost per head-I am thinking $ 5.00-$10.00 each. I can fit myself and four others in my car and so can mrsk..

I have private access to a bohemian/eclectic type of coffee/sandwich shop in downtown Buford, which is very close to Lake Lanier. In order to curb costs, my sister is going to help prepare some type of soup/stew (we were thinking Beef Stew), dessert etc. after the lights.

Another idea (mrsk. I forgot to tell you this) is to also do a 'white elephant' gift exchange (absolutely no money involved) after dinner/dessert. I am sure we all have a special gift (LOL) sitting on a shelf collecting dust or hiding in a drawer that would be fun to share with others. For those unfamiliar, we all draw numbers the 1st number picks one of the gifts, then the 2nd picks a gift...but if the 1st person picked something the 2nd prefers, the 2nd can do a swap with the 1st, etc. Usually lots of laughing is involved, is a good stress reliever and I am sure we can all use a little of that!:)

I believe that pretty much sums it up, so we need to start getting ideas of other things to do if the above doesn't sound okay.

We need to start getting a head count for food and general purposes and a biggy is to make sure that we all like Beef Stew or if any vegetarian adjustments need to be made.

Hope to see you all at our 1st Get-together.

Meri & mrsk.

michelleg
11-30-2003, 12:28 PM
I think they both sound great. I have a company party to attend that friday so i couldn't make that one, but I could do sat. night definitely. Depending on how many of us there are I honestly might suggest just doing the coffee house gathering and the gift exchange. If there are a bunch of us, I'd hate to have us all getting split up into different cars and not getting a chance to talk to everyone. Then afterwards anyone who wanted to go to the lights could do that too. If there's just a few of us, then i think the lights would be great. I haven't ever made it up to see them.

mrskendrick2you
11-30-2003, 06:41 PM
Meri... EXCELLENT! What would I do without you girl?!!! Count me in!!

mnd4evr
12-03-2003, 05:18 AM
We had some interest last week, but it seems that a lot of people haven't been online lately. We still want to pull this off and it needed to get bumped up. Hope everyone is having an okay week :-).

Meri

shannon20
12-03-2003, 01:36 PM
Well I would really love to attend and I had planne don it but I have to work all weekend that weekend! :( bummer! I was really looking forward to meeting everyone! A girl that worked at my store quit without notice so unless I can find someone to replace her ASAP I doubt I'll be able to make it. But if things change I'll defentaly be there!:):(

mrskendrick2you
12-03-2003, 08:15 PM
Thanks for informing us Shannon! Girl we really do hope that you will be able to make it! If so, let me know and maybe we could carpool or you could follow me.

IrishEyes
12-04-2003, 05:06 PM
I'm still interested,... and I agree with my co-hort in crime, michelle...let's try just the coffee/dessert/ gift thing. The whole purpose is to chat and get to know one another, right??

ar30041
12-04-2003, 10:24 PM
Wonderfull idea Michelle. I love coffee. The gift thing is alot of fun. You will crack up at the gifts that are brought. Count me in. Any evening is ok w/ me. I just need to know if ya'll would prefer me to leave my 10 year old son w/ some family. It's just him and I these days. Let me know.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Allison
ar30041

mrskendrick2you
12-05-2003, 09:00 PM
Hi Allison! Your son is more than welcomed to come if you would like him to come (Wouldn't want him to be bored out of his misery :D). Meri and I are going to check out the lights after the meet and greet is over, so if you wanted to bring him to that then you could. I can't wait to meet all of you!

babieboo
12-06-2003, 09:57 AM
I am going too.

mrskendrick2you
12-06-2003, 10:20 AM
Ok Princess we have you down. What part of GA do u stay in?

Kandee
12-06-2003, 12:35 PM
Hey can I attend I would love to meet y'all if it is okay then pm me and let me know I think this will be nice.

mrskendrick2you
12-06-2003, 06:43 PM
Kandee of course you can join us!