View Full Version : Hurricane Gustov

MrsClarke
08-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Hey Everyone! My boyfriend is currently surving time at USP Pollock and I am growing concerned due to the approaching hurricane. Does anybody know the procedure the facilities take during this situation? Do they evacuate the inmates or do they just put them on lockdown?

OrlandosWifey
08-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Hi Mrs. Clarke, my sweetie is at Pollock as well and I don't know anything either. Pollock is inland a ways so I'm hoping that everything will be good with them. If you hear anything please let me know and I will do the same.

SpunkyMonkey
08-31-2008, 01:26 AM
Mrs.Clarke.
I don't foresee them evacuating them from Pollock. In fact, they are probably evacuating other prisoners from lower parishes to Pollock. They have done this where my husband is which is Phelps and it is 30-45 mins south...and in the direct path!! :rolleyes: They are on lockdown at Phelps as they have brought in 600 other prisoners! Call the numbers I listed in the other thread http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356928 .
They will let you know what they are doing with Pollock.
The lady at DOC headquarters that I spoke to on Friday said they have stockpiled food and generators at these prisons in preparation. My husband had seen alot of the food before and it is like the military rations, so that it doesn't spoil. Hang in there and keep yourself safe as well. Our men are just as worried about us. ;)