View Full Version : Self Surrender question - what if hurricane prevents me from reporting

jaccomando78
08-29-2008, 08:55 PM
im soupposed to self surender on sept 2 , but now with gustuv approching how will that affect me, i live in new orleans, are there any special circumstances in situations like this???

scruffysmom
08-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Good Questions with anybody with any answers off on Labor day. Call ahead now.

PTO-92958
08-29-2008, 09:30 PM
I would have to hope that it would be an "act of God" kind of extenuating circumstance.
I don't have any answers for you. I hope you get through this storm okay in the first place, and then get your SS taken care of asap once the state of emergency is over.

PTO-92958
08-30-2008, 01:28 PM
If you're still around and not evacuating yet, I had a thought. Well, scruffysmom actually had the thought, but I wasn't thinking last night when I answered. :rolleyes:
Even if you can't reach anyone specifically, if it comes down to it, you could probably "report" to a local authority so it would at the very least be on record that you attempted.
Maybe that idea sucks, but it's all I could come up with.
I hope you were able to call someone in the know.

SpunkyMonkey
08-31-2008, 01:32 AM
jaccommando78,
Here are the numbers the LA DOC site lists as emergency hurricane lines for probation and parole. I would try these and ask them what they suggest.
1-866-380-4235 or 225-219-1836

Goldenglove had a good suggestion as well. Make sure that if the people you try and report to say go home...get their name!!! Always good to have good notes! ;)
Stay safe you guys!! That's the most important!!!

Lysbeth
08-31-2008, 01:54 AM
Make sure that if the people you try and report to say go home...get their name!!! Always good to have good notes! ;)

Ah - VERY good suggestion, Spunky, thanks for thinking of and adding that!!

I'd add to it and say no matter WHAT they say - make sure you get their name! Can't hurt and can only help :yes:

Wasnteasy
09-02-2008, 04:04 PM
So what happened girl?Guess if we dont see you on line your starting your time.Good luck and alot of prayer going your way.