View Full Version : collect calls from Twin Towers (LA)

08-20-2008, 05:09 PM
what company do i set up an account with to accept calls from County (LA).

08-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Global Tel Link. You can do it online...which is very easy: or call 1-800-231-0193. You can put anywhere from $25 to $50 at a time.

08-20-2008, 05:21 PM
I set up an account with Correctional Billing yesterday (evercomm) will that work?

daisy may
08-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Last I knew of LACounty does not use CBS, unless they've changed it. Also, LA County has prepaid cards.

08-20-2008, 05:29 PM
I don't think so. I think CBS is only for state prisons. And daisy is correct...inmates can purchase $10 or $20 phone cards. When my husband calls using it, Global Tel still handles the call.

08-20-2008, 05:30 PM
You can use the automated system for prepaid 800-483-8314 and setup the account to any phone number even cell phones. I think CBS is only for prisons. = )

08-20-2008, 05:32 PM
I am actually asking for my friend. All my calls come from global tel link. When he was in county I had Correctional Billing but that was Riverside County.

daisy may
08-20-2008, 10:52 PM
CBS is not for the state prisons, it may be for te private ran facility like in Shafter, they have the deportation prison. All state prisons in California that I am aware of are GTL.

08-23-2008, 01:43 PM
I would totally suggest setting up the prepaid account as opposed to having your loved one buy a prepaid card because it ends up going a lot farther with the account. My husband just called on a $10 card and we got 15 mins. We had about $12 left on my cell phone one time and talked for almost 40.