View Full Version : mailing stamped envelopes

jsemlebest
08-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Just a few questions-
my bf has asked that i send him stamps and envelopes, but I am not sure the best way to go about this. can i just send him plain envelopes and a book of stamps in a manila envelope? can i include a letter? or do i need to have stamped envelopes? and if the envelopes need to be stamped, can i stamp them with stamps that i already have or do i need to purchase pre-stamped envelopes at the post office?

i just want him to get these things and nothing seems to be as easy as it should be.

thanks in advance.

:D

DYANNA1
08-19-2008, 11:20 PM
i send my honey 20 envelopes and a book of 20 stamps- u can also send 20 prestamped envelopes but i wouldnt place stamps on the envelopes urself- i usually send 100 sheets of paper and a letter in the manilla envelope

DYANNA1
08-19-2008, 11:23 PM
oh yah- write 'stationary materials' or somehing to that effect on the manilla envelope

jsemlebest
08-19-2008, 11:53 PM
thank you so much for your help!

DYANNA1
08-19-2008, 11:56 PM
ur welcome

shygirl25
08-20-2008, 12:24 AM
you can always find out the info and send a money order to the facility with his info; name and inmate #. i have sent stamps to a friend who was locked up in cnty and he never got them. when another friend was in susanville, i asked him for a list of things they can get and how to send them. best thing is to send a money order so he can go to their store and get the approved items they sell. that way you know he gets it and they dont throw it away.

hope this helps

jsemlebest
08-20-2008, 03:07 AM
thank you.

i have jpayed money to him so that he can go get things himself. it was the first thing i did. but i got a letter from him that was written on friday saying that they had been on lock down since monday so he probably won't be able to go to canteen to get anything for a while and he had used his last envelope.

i had mailed stamps before and he received them. so these stamps and envelopes get to him or i guess i won't be hearing from him until he can go get things himself.

his#1 bball fan
08-20-2008, 10:21 AM
I've done both in the past: sent him prestamped envelopes from the post office and sent him envelopes with stamps I put on there myself and he got them all ok. I used 5x7 and 8x10 manilla envelopes to mail them to him. I agree with you about nothing being as easy as it should be ;)

jsemlebest
08-20-2008, 11:51 AM
thank you for the info. at least i know that there is a little bit of leeway with how i can send them.