View Full Version : Intro - Barbara

Barbara
08-16-2002, 03:24 PM
Hi,
My name is Barbara and my son is in Pelican Bay State Prison in California. I have been following this site since May but this is the first time I have really introduced my self and my son his name is Richard. He is very pleased that I have found all of you I visited him in May and he could really tell this has helped me. Richard has been in prisons for over twenty years with only a few months on the outside. My family has never been very supportive of the situation so I have always felt very alone until now. I have posted a few times and I would like to thank all of you for your generous support. Now I have another favor to ask, Richards birthday is August 22 he will be 39 and he has not spent a birthday on the outside in that some odd twenty years. I know this is short notice but if any of you are on your way to the post office with a birthday card in your hand and no one to send it to I know a guy that would really appreciate the kindness. His name is I cannot even begin to tell you how much PTO has helped me, even as little as six months ago I could never have even brought myself to look up a site like this. I guess they call it denial but twenty years of it, so thank you very much for bringing me out of the darkness. Love to all of you, Barbara

freedom anjel
08-17-2002, 01:05 AM
Hello Barbara! I know what you mean. My soon to be husband is a 3rd striker and up until a few months ago, I really didn't get involved. I read a lot and tried to educate myself, but that was about it. And family support is more words than action. Oh well, guess we'll just have to support each other along the way, huh? I will do my best to get a card into the mail to your son. It won't be until Mon. or Tues.and he may not get it until long after his birthday (you know how these prison mailrooms are), but I will do my best. God bless !!