View Full Version : Purchasing books/ Edward Hamilton Booksellers

Shannster
08-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Hi ~
Edward Hamilton Bookseller is one of/the approved bookseller/s at PCF. So I bought some books for my friend at PCF from them, about $90 worth. I paid for them with a money order because that is all the bookseller accepts. I made a mistake in listing myself as the purchaser, apparently, because PCF wouldn't let my friend have the books because he hadn't paid for them himself. (Never mind that he only makes about $40/month).
That was in May.
So my friend sent me the receipt he'd been given by PCF showing he'd paid postage to send the books back, and the receipt for the book order itself. I made copies of them, and sent them, along with a short letter explaining the situation and requesting a refund, to Edward Hamilton. I got no response.

In July, I sent the same letter, along with copies of the receipts, again. I got a letter back the other day, along with what I sent, saying they hadn't received the books, and would refund me when they did.

Anybody else have any problems with this?

Chavas girl
08-12-2008, 07:28 PM
I had a similar problem with Amazon.com. I had ordered a set of books for him in Spanish with the same books for myself in English. I had planned that we could both read them and have something more to share. His books arrived in English and St. Cloud did not let him return them. So now he sits in Stillwater with books in English and we cannot share them. He appreciates me for the books and now refuses to sell them since they were a gift from me to him. But geez, what a waste of money, huh?

Temeron0926
08-28-2008, 08:40 PM
I purchased a thick crossword puzzle book for Ray from Hamilton about 6 months ago. I made the same mistake and the powers that be at Prairie wouldn't let him have it. They did however take the books apart and make a lot of copies for the inmates that like that kind of thing. I wasn't happy about it, but so be it. I have never had a problem with Edward Hamilton Books, did you try to call them?

Hi ~
Edward Hamilton Bookseller is one of/the approved bookseller/s at PCF. So I bought some books for my friend at PCF from them, about $90 worth. I paid for them with a money order because that is all the bookseller accepts. I made a mistake in listing myself as the purchaser, apparently, because PCF wouldn't let my friend have the books because he hadn't paid for them himself. (Never mind that he only makes about $40/month).
That was in May.
So my friend sent me the receipt he'd been given by PCF showing he'd paid postage to send the books back, and the receipt for the book order itself. I made copies of them, and sent them, along with a short letter explaining the situation and requesting a refund, to Edward Hamilton. I got no response.

In July, I sent the same letter, along with copies of the receipts, again. I got a letter back the other day, along with what I sent, saying they hadn't received the books, and would refund me when they did.

Anybody else have any problems with this?