View Full Version : Need To Vent!

tweetie123
08-16-2002, 09:18 AM
Hi All, Just wanted to write and get some things off my chest, hope you all dont mind!! I have been waiting all week to go up and see Stormy this weekend. But I have the Flu!! :( I wrote to him and told him! I sure hope that he does not get to bumed out!! I have a question, Do all the Prisons just have Visitation on the Weekends? Just Curious! I am still going to post my Pictures of Me and Stormy as soon as I can get them Scanned. I will have to do that at work next week! I cant wait for everyone to see them! I am pretty bumed that I am to sick to make the drive up there this weekend to see my Honey! But I did write him and explain to him that I have been really sick all week, and I sure didnt want him to get it! Thanks for listening everyone! I will Post again Later on the Weekend! Take care everyone, and I hope everyone has a Wonderful Weekend!!

tiamotzz
08-16-2002, 09:38 AM
i don't know about florida, but prisons are different everywhere you go. it seems that here, the bigger the prison the more visititing there is. what days and what times. re-entry minimum security prisons with less than 500 hundred beds tend to have weekends only. call your prison or see if they are online. even if you pull them up on-line, i would call and ask them to tell you everything you need to know. you don't want to be turned away.

jdswifey02
08-16-2002, 12:49 PM
:( sorry to hear you aren't feeling well... hope you are back to 100 percent soon!!

Goody's Girl
08-16-2002, 10:26 PM
Tweetie, all prisons in Florida only have visits on the weekend if they are a state prison. Federal prisons have different visitation schedules. Have you visited him before or will this be your first visit?

Shortie
08-16-2002, 10:30 PM
All state prisons in Texas have visits on the weekends.. you get 2 hours only 1 day..

Isadora
08-17-2002, 01:26 AM
In Michigan visiting days and hours depend on the level of the prison; higher level prisons have more restrictive and fewer days, lower levels have more. All of the prisons I am familiar with limit the weekend visits to one weekend per month only. For instance at my husband's facility, you can visit 4 days a month but only 2 of them can be weekend days. But all 4 of the visits could be weekdays if you wanted.

danielle
08-17-2002, 04:42 AM
Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! Hope you are better soon.

Where my husband is, they have visitation on Sundays only and for 3 hours. One weekend he'll have visitation in the morning and the next weekend it will be in the afternoon and alternates from week to week.

tweetie123
08-17-2002, 06:36 AM
Thanks To All Who Replied, TO Goodys Girl, Yes, I have been up to see him already! I was Just wondering if they only had Visitation on the Weekends.There is no way I could have made the drive up there and back and stayed the whole time as sick as I am! I sure hope that Stormy isnt too bumed out about me not being able to come up! He has been waiting all week to see me just like I have been waiting all week to see him! I sure hope I get rid of this crap soon and start feeling better. Hope everyone has a Wonderful Weekend!!

Meia
08-18-2002, 05:55 PM
In Calipatria you can visit on Saturday and Sunday from about 9:30am to about 2:45 pm. I guess I am pretty lucky. I don't know how I would handle just seeing my man for two hours or on just on day...Get better

aprilcat
08-19-2002, 06:48 AM
in nc, you can only visit on weekends ~ inmates are assigned a visiting day, either saturday or sunday. where mj is, you only get 2 hours between the hours of 1-4 pm. when i went to see my friend on dr in florida, i was able to have a "special visit" on friday because i was from out of state, and that was from 9-3, and i was able to visit him on his "regular visit" day, which was saturday, again from 9-3.

hope you're feeling better...the flu is nasty stuff. make sure you drink lots of water and just stay in bed! :)

DJohnson
08-19-2002, 07:45 AM
Tweetie...sorry to hear you are under the weather, I hope you feel better soon.

Well in IL, inmates can get 3 weekday visits per month & 2 weekend visits per month & we can pretty much visit all day. It seems that is the general thing for Med. security prisons here. The max. are a little different I think.

DJ

sherri13
08-19-2002, 11:31 AM
TWEET-

get better! and that's an order!
as far as visitation days, i think it varies although i would say most are just weekends- sometimes you can get special vsiistd approved during the week if you have a work schedule conflict, etc

Rosebud
08-19-2002, 05:18 PM
Hey, kiddo, I hope that you are feeling better...(it's the nurse in me about to come out...)...drink lots of juice and stay warm! {hugs}

Shortie
08-19-2002, 08:22 PM
tweet
how ya feeling hon?? hope you feel better.. :)

Shortie
08-19-2002, 08:23 PM
Having visits like I do is really hard but I have learned to appreciate everything and be greatful for what time we do get..

tweetie123
08-20-2002, 03:40 AM
Hi Everyone, Just wanted to Post and Thank You All For All Of Your Nice Get Well Wishes! I Received a Letter From Stormy Yesterday and He Told me I needed to take Better care of Myself and get more rest, slow down, start eating better, etc, etc!! I have to go back to the Doctors This Morning for my check up! Yesterday was the first time since last Tuesday that I felt half way decent!! Whatever I have sure did Beat My Butt!! I am starting to feel somewhat better! I sure hope that I am feeling a lot better by the time this weekend gets here, because I want to be able to go and Visit Stormy!!I hope everyone here is doing well and staying Healthy! I will Post again soon, Take care everyone!!

deb
08-22-2002, 07:26 AM
Even within states it's different. Where my husband is in Michigan he gets 8 visits a month and it doesn't matter if all 8 are on weekends or what. Any day of the month. We can stay from 10 am to 8 pm on weekend days and 2:30 pm to 8:30 pm during the week. HOWEVER, only 5 visitors and they have to walk IN together (or it counts as another visit) and only ONE time for visitors to go to the bathroom or it counts as another visit so if his parents want to visit we set up to meet somewhere else and they follow me to the prison and if one of us has to go to the restroom----then all of us go or we cannot go during the rest of the visit.

Deb

aprilcat
08-22-2002, 08:56 AM
glad you're feeling better, tweetie! listen to stormy, sounds like he knows what he's talking about....be good to yourself!!!

sherri13
08-22-2002, 09:06 AM
tweet ---you deserve a "pamper tweet" day--take a day this week and do only things you enjoy-if you can, get a nice massage--

Shortie
08-22-2002, 09:18 PM
glad to hear your feeling better..

tweetie123
08-23-2002, 02:57 AM
Hello Everyone! I just wanted to take the time to say Thank You to All Who Sent Me Get Well Wishes!!:) Yesterday In The Mail I Received a Letter and 4 Get Well Cards From Stormy!! I was So Happy!!:) I Love Him So Much!!!!! And I am Going To go Up To SEE Him Saturday And Sunday This Weekend! I will Post when I get home both days and let everyone know how the Visits went! I Hope That Everyone here has a Wonderful Weekend! Take Care Everyone!! Talk to you All soon!! :p