View Full Version : CMC Inmate Family Council

Soluna26
08-09-2008, 03:53 PM
I was speaking with my friend yesterday and through our conversation I discovered that there are only “3” IFC members!! :slap:

I asked my friend why this was and she told me it seems that no one wants to make the commitment to be a part of the council. :help:

If people want to effect change, then we have to stand collectively and intelligently together to have our voices heard. :grouphug:

No one is going to take a 3 member council seriously. I know I wouldn’t. :shake:

The council meets 6 times a year (that’s one meeting every other month) on a Friday, for about an hour. I know that many of us work but if we can take the occasional Friday off to visit, why can’t we find an hour of our time to try and make a difference? I have read many threads where folks were obviously unhappy about one thing or another but what are we going to do about it?? I believe that you need to live in California to be a part of the council but I will verify that.

If you are interested in being a part of CMC’s Inmate Family Council to make positive and effective changes to benefit all involved, please PM me. :thumbsup:

tednjeannie
08-09-2008, 06:46 PM
It is hard to make positive change with 13 of them and 3 of us. I need people to be a part of the IFC to facilitate change. WE can't do this by ourselves and we need your help.:help:

cybrlid1
08-09-2008, 11:36 PM
I would like to get involved, what does the CMC Family Council do? Could you please explain more about this Council, Please.

Soluna26
08-10-2008, 07:00 AM
I would like to get involved, what does the CMC Family Council do? Could you please explain more about this Council, Please.

If you are interested in being a part of CMC’s Inmate Family Council to make positive and effective changes to benefit all involved, please PM me. :thumbsup:

Hi - I sent you a PM.

Pinky99
08-11-2008, 01:05 AM
It is hard to make positive change with 13 of them and 3 of us. I need people to be a part of the IFC to facilitate change. WE can't do this by ourselves and we need your help.:help:

Is there a limit as to the amount of IFC members that CMC can have?????

I also agree that we can't do this alone. I for one have made MANY MANY changes/corrections by myself and it is very hard to do it alone. Many visitors complain as to the way they are treated or rules that are being made up that are not in the Title 15....yet not many people will speak up! I am not a member of the IFC however, most people know that I keep close contact with Sacramento and Ken Hurdle when things at CMC aren't running properly/when staff are making up their own rules/not following the Title 15. I have learned that I have to pick and choose my battles and most of the time I'm doing it alone. Kinda reminds me of the people that complain about our President and have the option to vote but choose not too! :shrug:

Soluna26
08-11-2008, 05:13 AM
Is there a limit as to the amount of IFC members that CMC can have?????

I'll confirm this today and get back to you, but I can't imagine that it is less than 10.

I also agree that we can't do this alone. I for one have made MANY MANY changes/corrections by myself and it is very hard to do it alone. Many visitors complain as to the way they are treated or rules that are being made up that are not in the Title 15....yet not many people will speak up!

Only 2 people have asked if they can join the council. We Most Definitely Can Not Do This Alone!! We Need Your Help! :help: Please speak up and join!

I am not a member of the IFC however, most people know that I keep close contact with Sacramento and Ken Hurdle when things at CMC aren't running properly/when staff are making up their own rules/not following the Title 15. I have learned that I have to pick and choose my battles and most of the time I'm doing it alone. Kinda reminds me of the people that complain about our President and have the option to vote but choose not too! :shrug:

Lisa - You are the perfect person to be on this council! With you on the council, I am quite confident that you would be able to help the IFC achieve balance, consistency and fairness.

Will you join? :yes:

Pinky99
08-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Soluna, I will not be joining the IFC and I've PM'd you as to why I can't. I would have loved to but I've explained to you why I can't. You seem like a very good canidate for the position.....have u given it any thought of joining? You can be my mouth piece since i can't join. lol :D

harryswife
08-11-2008, 11:49 AM
After what I wistnessed this weekend I have decided to finally join. This new SGT. is repulsive. What's with the red spray paint circles outside? Who approved that? Also, the ripping of plants outside by the porter with is bare hands what a bit crazy. I highly encourage all to let AW J. Cutillo for west facility visiting know what is going on, especially since Lt. Wisneski is out for a month. If anyone knows his ext. please post it.

Soluna26
08-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Soluna, I will not be joining the IFC and I've PM'd you as to why I can't. I would have loved to but I've explained to you why I can't. You seem like a very good canidate for the position.....have u given it any thought of joining? You can be my mouth piece since i can't join. lol :D

Unfortunately, I don't live in California and I only get out to visit 4 to 5 times a year and not necessarily around the time of the meetings :(. Believe me, I would!

I have some thoughts on how to help behind the scenes but we definitely need to recruit people to have a "physical" presence at these meetings!

Come on Folks!
Here's Opportunity Knocking :ham: !
Here's everyone's chance to stand up and be heard! :)
Please contact me to join the CMC IFC!

Thank you....

Soluna26
08-11-2008, 11:55 AM
After what I wistnessed this weekend I have decided to finally join. This new SGT. is repulsive. What's with the red spray paint circles outside? Who approved that? Also, the ripping of plants outside by the porter with is bare hands what a bit crazy. I highly encourage all to let AW J. Cutillo for west facility visiting know what is going on, especially since Lt. Wisneski is out for a month. If anyone knows his ext. please post it.

Hi - Thank you! Please PM me your information so that we can contact you and get the process started.

Okay! That's 3 so far! We need 4 more!! :D

His Brown Suga
08-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Soluna, thank you so much for caring and doing all this to get some things underway as I am sure it will be greatly appreciated by many once we have a complete IFC team @ CMC. Good luck lady and hats off to you!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_75.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm565YYUS)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZCxdm565YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb097_ZCxdm565YYUS&utm_id=7925)

mbzldy
08-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Hi, I'm interested, please email me about the info, what do I have to do, and where do we meet? thank you

I was speaking with my friend yesterday and through our conversation I discovered that there are only “3” IFC members!! :slap:

I asked my friend why this was and she told me it seems that no one wants to make the commitment to be a part of the council. :help:

If people want to effect change, then we have to stand collectively and intelligently together to have our voices heard. :grouphug:

No one is going to take a 3 member council seriously. I know I wouldn’t. :shake:

The council meets 6 times a year (that’s one meeting every other month) on a Friday, for about an hour. I know that many of us work but if we can take the occasional Friday off to visit, why can’t we find an hour of our time to try and make a difference? I have read many threads where folks were obviously unhappy about one thing or another but what are we going to do about it?? I believe that you need to live in California to be a part of the council but I will verify that.

Soluna26
08-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Hi, I'm interested, please email me about the info, what do I have to do, and where do we meet? thank you

Hi - Thank you! Please PM me your information so that we can contact you and get the process started. :D

BOOBSGIRL1990
08-11-2008, 09:17 PM

THAT'S MY GIRL.... SEE COMING FROM A LEVEL 4 WE'RE USED TO RETALIATION FROM THE CO'S WHETHER IT BE TOWARDS OUR MEN OR US THEREFORE OUR HUBBY'S DIDN'T WANT THAT ATTENTION ... THIS MAY BE WHY SOME ARE RESERVED FROM JOINING.... BUT YES THIS "LISA" WAS AN IFC MEMBER BEFORE AND WILL BE PREPARED FOR THE BATTLE... CUZ LIKE I TOLD HER WHEN SGT. HOUSTON FIRST STARTED..."HOUSTON"..... WE HAVE A PROBLEM...LOL:thumbsup:

Pinky99
08-25-2008, 12:27 AM
I highly encourage all to let AW J. Cutillo for west facility visiting know what is going on, especially since Lt. Wisneski is out for a month. If anyone knows his ext. please post it.

Just an FYI, Lt. Wisneski is back from vacation.

Pinky99
08-25-2008, 12:39 AM
SEE COMING FROM A LEVEL 4 WE'RE USED TO RETALIATION FROM THE CO'S WHETHER IT BE TOWARDS OUR MEN OR US

Speaking of retaliation, this weekend was just a perfect example. I get passed the metal detector and make it into the visiting room when I am told that I have to go back to the gatehouse because they want me to change. I get back to the gatehouse and I'm told by the CO whom I had filed a formal complaint against with Sacramento, "you need to change because your slit in your skirt is to high." So I make it through inspection, through the metal detector and into the visiting room and then you're going to tell me to change????? Another visitor saw her watching me walk up the steps into the visiting room and heard her tell her fellow co-worker, "she (referring to me) has a formal complaint against me and if she wants to play by the rules then we'll play by the rules," (as she gets on the phone to call the visiting room officer to send me back). Definitely sounds like "RETALIATION" to me! :nono: You better believe that Sacramento will be hearing about this tomorrow! I mean, did she not think that us visitors talk and that I wasn't going to be informed as to her motive?