View Full Version : Budget info from SGT in SRCI VP today

bosgirl31205
07-13-2008, 11:00 PM
As I was leaving the VP today, a visitor wass asking for a roll of toilet tissue for the women's restroom. The Sgt went into the men's restroom and got a half roll and said this is all we have. We are only allowed to have 6 rolls up here for the entire weekend. He went on to say that each man is only allowed one roll per week, and if they run put before their day to get another they have to either borrow, do without, or use some other substance. He also said that they are only allowed 1/2 of a bar of soap per week, and the small tubes of toothpaste, they get one per month. He said all of this is because of the budget cuts. He said he was privately telling the families, so that we know and might be able to do something. My parents want to organize a soap and TP drive for the facility and then take it out and donate it to them. Does anyone know if that is allowed, would I contact the Warden? any info will help.
Thanks!
Becky

ben's girl
07-15-2008, 01:01 PM
I think I would write a complaint letter to GEO (I believe that's who runs Graceville). I think your idea is very thoughtful and compassionate, but there are going to be times when a guy needs more toilet paper than others. Telling them to find an alternate substance is not the answer. Before long they'll be telling the guys they are on their to purchase it for themself. We all know some of those guys don't have the means to buy anything on their own.

ben's girl
07-15-2008, 06:17 PM
I think I would write a complaint letter to GEO (I believe that's who runs Graceville).

I don't I why had Graceville on the brain. When I just saw this again I realized you said SRCI....oops! So I would be calling the Warden to find out if there was any truth to what was said. My husband hasn't said anything like that to me.

TyronesWife
07-15-2008, 07:05 PM
My parents want to organize a soap and TP drive for the facility and then take it out and donate it to them. Does anyone know if that is allowed, would I contact the Warden? any info will help.
Thanks!
Becky

A couple of years ago I donated a box of toys to the visiting park at Martin so the children would have something to play with. I sent it through the chaplin. Also, a very nice lady who used to visit her son there was allowed to donate a Christmas tree and decorations for the visiting park. She went through the warden for approval. Call the warden and ask, worse that can be said is "no".