View Full Version : OHIO marriage Q&A thread

E1950
11-24-2003, 05:53 PM
anyone with questions about getting married in ohio, or anyone with information please post here. i will answer your questions or help you find your answers.
sue

If you have been married Ohio then mabey you can help us with these questions

1. Did you have any counsling
2. How long did the whole process take
3. Did you have to find your own minister
4. Were you allowed any flowers or disposable camera
5. How many guests were allowed to be there
6. What was the process to get the marriage license
7. What were the costs you had to pay
8. What were the two of you allowed to wear
9. Were you allowed to bring a wedding band in for him or did it have to be mailed and what was the value limit

mrsbryan
12-03-2003, 07:04 PM
Hi Sue - I'm trying to get info on how to get around having to have my fiance with me to obtain the license. I called the probate court in Richland County and was told they couldn't tell me how to get it done, I'd have to figure it out on my own. A power of attorney wouldn't do, I asked. She asked if I had an attorney. I know in Cuyahoga County where I'm from they permit an affidavit from a physician if a medical condition prohibits one or both parties from being there to apply for the license. HELP!!!! Thanks!

randysgirl
01-01-2004, 08:52 PM
can we get married if he isn't in his "parent" yet?

tygrlile
01-22-2004, 10:24 AM
Hello!
Ok, I will do my best to answer these questions for anyone wondering about marriage in Ohio. Although I'm pretty sure each prison has its own policies on marriage I will do my best. I will go down the list...
First of all I was married 3 yrs. ago in Feb. at Mansfield Correctional Institution in Mansfield, Ohio.
It was a long and stressful process for us due to some mess ups in the system (long story)....But...
His cellmate hooked us up with a minister (at MansCI you have to find your own) that we talked to and he agreed to marry us. No counciling,but will when he gets home. Due to my husband being in protective custody at the time of our marriage ours lasted only about 15 mins., and we did not get visit time either. Were not allowed to take ANYTHING in except for the marriage certificate and rings. No camras at mine. The only people that were there were me him the minister and the woman that arranges the marriages ( she was our witness). I had to go to my local county Probate Court and the Deputy Clerk had to meet with both of us to fill out the paperwork (at the prison). Ours was $25 plus the gas money for her to take me to the prison. He had to wear his "uniform", I just wore dress clothes.
Well, hope this hepled someone out there or gave an idea of what to expect. But like I said all prisons are different.
Rachel

TNC
01-24-2004, 03:52 AM
It is correct that each prison within a state may have differant rules you can expect that for the most part the information provided above is a standard guidline.

bk8666
02-07-2004, 10:01 PM
I need information about getting married In Lebanon Correctional Institution Please Help. Thank You

bk8666
04-08-2004, 11:39 PM
Well I finally got a chaplin to talk to me and the news wasn't good.
He said there are no longer any marriages alowed at the prison for the time being till they figuire some things out, he said they a probelm of some sort but didn't go into details, I am really frustrated now and so is my fianacee we havn't been able to see each other either since he has to straighten out his visitng list becasue his unbiological dad and grandpa have to be on his friends list and his next security level review isn't till October I still have to long years to wait till he gets out hopefully he was sentenced 13 years and has been there since May 2nd 2002. I'm sorry I'm venting.:fb:

faraway
05-23-2004, 11:31 AM
Hi there,
I wonder if there is anyone having experiences with a binational marriage?
My beloved (he`s in an Ohio prison) and I want to marry but I am from abroad.
I need to have some infos about how long it takes to get a social security number after the marriage, how to get a valid driving license, such things.
I need those infos to plan the moving and such.
Some things I could figure out so far, some not.
Further I need help to figure out how to send cheques to state offices. For example the alien fiancé visa-application has to be sent by my mate - but he cannot send a cheque!
can anyone help me?
Thanks for trying/reading/helping!
faraway

randysgirl
06-01-2004, 03:53 PM
i need help. the minister at Maci said we could get married there but we have to get a marriage license in that county. When i called that county the lady said it would have to approved by the judge. Does anyone know why? The chaplain said we could do it but we have to get a lawyer to do the paperwork, But i can't find any lawyer to do this. The court lady said it's because i live in Michigan and neither one of us is a resident of the state of Ohio. I need some help desperately. if anyone can help me please let me know

HuGzz 'N StUff
10-22-2004, 06:57 PM
Hi,
My fiance is at Mansfield Correctional. I called my counties Probate Court, and they told me we BOTH have to be present! Ugh! I called Richland County where he is, and they told me if it wasn't his home county to try there! I call Lucas County and got a sweetheart of a woman on the phone, who took my phone number, and was going to talk to the Judge. She also mentioned to me I would probably have to get an Attorney to do the work. Anyone have any idea of the price ranges of this? If anyone has any information I would appreciate it. T

countrygal
12-19-2004, 11:21 AM
Hello, I'm a lisence ordained minister of Ohio, I would like to help in any way I could......I don't know much about the rules of marriage in prisons, this is great info you have provided!! thanks so much..and prayers to you all.

horsegal
03-06-2005, 09:33 AM
RCI (Ross Correctional Inst) experience. I had to get in contact with the wardens assistant and she sent me a packet to fill out, I had to pick 3 dates just incase there was a problem with one.

I had to find a chaplain that would mary us in a prison. I had to get a lawyer to go in the prison to get my husbands signature for the marriage certificate, because they wanted us both to be present at the court house, and obviously that wasn't happenin, so I had to pay a lawyer to witness his signature.

He could only wear his blues, I wore regular clothes. The only people who could go were those on his visit list. We had our rings. The wardens assistant had to be present, she was our witness. Our son got to give me away! Oh before he married us, he wanted to give us a little counsel, just to be sure this was what we both wanted. He got to speak to both of us with out the wardens assistant there. We got married in a little room off to the side of the visit room. I had to buy those picture tickets out of the vending machine, no cameras, no unity candle, nothing but rings. It was a little akward, and had some road blocks along the way, but it worked out in the end.
So my advise to anyone attemting this, Plan way in advance, get in contact with the prison, and most of all be patient! It may get frustrating allong the way, but it will all work out! I hope you find this info helpful, Good luck ladies! ;)

countrygal
03-06-2005, 10:08 AM
wow what an ordeal you had to go through, congrads to you and yours! and thanks for sharing
christy-clergy

KristenGrl
03-13-2005, 05:56 PM
My fiance and I haven't had the wedding yet, but it should be happening soon, at least I hope. I live in Columbus, OH. He is in Marion Correctional Institution. I had to file the marriage license in my county (Franklin), then they had to take the license up to Marion county where he is. The deputy at Marion County is taking over the license to the institution on Monday for JD ( my fiance) to sign. Then it has to come all the way back to Franklin County. Once it comes back to Franklin, I have to pick it up, wait for Marion CI to give me a wedding date. I filled out the marrige license application on Feb. 14th and it's just now getting to Marion for him to sign. I hope MCI hurries up and gives us a date, because the license expires April 15th. We already have the Warden at MCI's approval. This is just taking forever!! I've found a clergy to marry us, but she is charging $100.00 plus traveling fees. Does anyone know of cheaper clergy in the Columbus area?? I am running out of money!! :(

ArzHeart
03-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any info on marriages in Southeastern?
My fiance is there and we are hoping to be able to get married. I first have to get approved for visits. I was denied and just wrote an appeal to the warden. Any info is appreciated.:o

ArzHeart
03-19-2005, 09:52 PM
Kristengrl.....how did you apply for the license by yourself?? I also live in Franklin county.

paula martin
04-12-2005, 12:00 AM
I'm trying to get married in conneaut,ohio at Lake Erie Corrections . Can someone please tell me how to get the marriage license and how to get the chaplin to call me please Thanks Paula

paula martin
04-12-2005, 12:16 AM
anyone with questions about getting married in ohio, or anyone with information please post here. i will answer your questions or help you find your answers.
sue

9. Were you allowed to bring a wedding band in for him or did it have to be mailed and what was the value limit

HuGzz 'N StUff
04-12-2005, 12:26 PM
I learned that every Institution has a different policy. I personally think Ohio is a huge joke when it comes to try and get married, the harder they can make it the better they like it. We ended up getting married, but not in the State of Ohio. If you want any info on that PM let me know.
Tracy

SxyBrnWomn
07-09-2005, 05:39 AM
Does anyone know about the process of getting married at Chillicothe? You can e-mail me personally at email addy removed by moderator, please review PTO Rules/policies Any help will be much welcomed ....

Thank you all ... :-)

tgh4everlls
07-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Does anyone know if you are allowed to get married in Pickaway?

dandl
07-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has gotten married at SOCF in Lucasville? If you have or if you know you can or can't get married there please PM me. I appreciate any information.

bIgMiKeSlAdY08
07-30-2005, 06:46 AM
I was wondering if anyone has gotten married in LeCI and what the procedure is thank you

thafinalwurd
08-17-2005, 05:23 PM
Me and mine are trying to get married as well. She still has to get her divorce. Shes been seperated for about 2yrs. I finally got mine after 3 yrs seperation. She is in ORW. Anybody know how she can get her divorce and us married in there?

reddawgsluv
08-17-2005, 11:02 PM
I was able to get our marriage license without my now husband present by having him giv me his power of attorney.....

thunder04
09-22-2005, 10:05 AM
I was wondering if anyone has gotten married in LeCI and what the procedure is thank you
I was told that the county will not issue a marriage license to anyone within LeCi. I am trying to find out what prisons in Ohio will allow marriages at all. Don't even know how to find out which ones do. I was trying for the same thing...Sorry for our luck..they make it very difficult.

joy61
10-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has gotten married to their beloved in the Lorain Correctional Institute? Just curious......thanks!

raeannii
10-26-2005, 08:35 AM
I got married in Richland County in August. You need to hire an attorney to appear in probate with you while you get your license. He/She will then go directly to the facility to collect your fiances signature. Then back to probate with you to finish it up. It's very simple but can be costly. I called attorneys with fees running $350 to $1000. It only took just over an hour, travel included, so don't let them over charge you. I'll answer emails if anyone has more questions.

lexy6869
11-08-2005, 07:09 PM
I have information for Chillicothe Prison you have to contact a attorney from Chillicothe and meet with the attorney on a regular visiting day to sign for the marrige license that cost $140.00 then after the visit take the paper the attorney gave you to the court houe and they will give you the license that cost $30.00 then he goes to his unit manger and gets the minster approved for a special visit and the minster will send a copy of his liense then get a approved from the warden then you let the unit manger know the date and they will keep a attorney room open for you they have no one taking pictures at this time so there is no pictuers and you have to have 2 people to stand up with you I can bring someone in but they have to be on his visiting list and he can have other inmate stand up for him they said it takes about 10minutes then you go back out on a visit .The attorney his name is Gary Fleshman and his office is about 10minutes from the prison.

albmonsters
01-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Anyone have and updated info regarding marriage in Ohio?

Clevelyn216
03-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Hello,
Can someone please help? I need all the information that I can get on how to obtain a marriage license without my fiance' present, he is in Lucasville and I am in Cleveland, I called the prison and spoke to the person in charge of wedding ceremonies and she just told me to give her a call when I get the license, and once I get the license then she will send my fiance' and I the paper work we need to fill out, and that there hasn't been a marriage performed there in years due to the law of having both present to get the license,
I have read the information about getting a lawyer and his power of attorney, but can you tell me please, what type of lawyer and how much would all this usually cost, and where do I go to pick up the paperwork for the power of attorney, and do I take it to the Probate court here in Cleveland or their in Lucasville? We have everything else but this.
Help Please!

HuGzz 'N StUff
03-07-2006, 05:58 AM
The person you spoke to at Luke should of sent you an information packet about getting married. I would call back and ask her for it. I was sent one and it gave me all the information I needed. I don't have it anymore or I would be happy to share. I never did find an attorney to do the legal part of it and ended up going to Tx. and getting married by Proxy.

I do know that you have to get the license in either your county of residence or the county of residence he was living in before he was arrested. Not all counties allow inmates to get married. Ugh!!

I'm sure someone will come along to help you.

You might call the Scioto County Court House and see if one of the Clerks there would be willing to go to Luke and swear him in and do the Notary for you.

Good Luck!!!

reddawgsluv
03-07-2006, 08:02 AM
I was married to Jeff in county while awaiting his prison term. He was living in Wood COu nty and I was living in Warren County. Warren COu nty had to have both of us present to obtain the license but Wood said a power of atty was fine to get the license. I did not go throu gh an atty, I asked WOod Cty how to do it and they to just have JEff write a POA and have it notarized, this is how we did it. Good Luck to you....xx

reddawgsluv
03-07-2006, 08:02 AM
I was married to Jeff in county while awaiting his prison term. He was living in Wood COu nty and I was living in Warren County. Warren COu nty had to have both of us present to obtain the license but Wood said a power of atty was fine to get the license. I did not go throu gh an atty, I asked WOod Cty how to do it and they to just have JEff write a POA and have it notarized, this is how we did it. Good Luck to you....xx

raeannii
03-07-2006, 12:32 PM
I never got a marriage packet. I filled out my 1/2 of the marriage license with the atty present and she took it straight to the facility to have him fill out the other 1/2 and then right back to the court house. Only took about an hour or so, so don't let them overcharge you. I had one atty ask for $1000!

adondrea
03-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Do u have to wait till they get to there home prison b4 u can get married? Right now my man is in CRC I know they r sending him to Madison for a few then to Southeastern... can someone help? I am going nuts not hearing from him or nothing...all I know is that we want to get married

raeannii
03-09-2006, 01:21 PM
I thought I read somewhere that if you didn't get married in county you would have to wait until you left CRC for your parent institution.

Clevelyn216
03-14-2006, 06:25 PM
The person in charge of the weddings said she won't send out the information until the license is obtained. He is about to get transferred to Trumbull County and I called them to find out their procedures on Weddings and they pretty much told me the same thing, that there is nothing that they can do until the license is obtained. This is so frustrating. :( Do have the name of an atty. We really hate to have to wait until they finally let him go, he was suppose to have came home last year but instead they sent him to Lucasville, and now we are thinking that he might have to be there until 2008, Way to Long. HELP PLEASE!!!

raeannii
03-17-2006, 10:10 AM
In Trumbull County and can apply online but they still want both parties there in person to file the actual paperwork. I'm sure the procedures at probate in Ohio are similar however the institution rules may be different. Do you have a minister yet? I may be able to help with probate if you have any questions PM me.

The person in charge of the weddings said she won't send out the information until the license is obtained. He is about to get transferred to Trumbull County and I called them to find out their procedures on Weddings and they pretty much told me the same thing, that there is nothing that they can do until the license is obtained. This is so frustrating. :( Do have the name of an atty. We really hate to have to wait until they finally let him go, he was suppose to have came home last year but instead they sent him to Lucasville, and now we are thinking that he might have to be there until 2008, Way to Long. HELP PLEASE!!!

leann81
03-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Hi everyone! I am new to this site. My fiance is in pickaway correctional and we are trying to get married. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the marriage license without him being present in the state of ohio and has anyone gotten married at Pickaway before?

gemini5241980
05-22-2006, 09:53 PM
I am trying to figure out how to do this. My fiance and I both reside in Hamilton County and they do not allow inmates to get married while in custody but he is being held in Butler County so could we apply for the marriage there?

CLNAC
07-20-2006, 11:41 PM
Any luck for marriage in Trumbull County Jail?

lovinme
07-24-2006, 09:40 AM
I would like some help on getting married in Elkton Fbop I am in Virginia and I am willing to travel for whatever needs to be done. I have already sent the letter to the counselor and so has my fiance but we have not heard anything back yet and that was over 3 months ago. I have also sent a letter to the warden as well. Any help would be appreciated

rick's girl
07-31-2006, 12:42 AM
hey everyone. Anyone know how to go about getting married in Lucasville? They use to have case manager's go sign, but the warden doesn't allow that anymore. Can anyone help...I'm hitting road blocks all the way around. Thank you!!

JENNIFER BUTLER
08-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Need to know where to start and begin.My Fiance and I would love any information on getting married while he is in CRC. Who can I contact? Where do I start?Please help!!!!Jennifer from Cincinnati,Ohio

raeannii
08-14-2006, 05:31 AM
Need to know where to start and begin.My Fiance and I would love any information on getting married while he is in CRC. Who can I contact? Where do I start?Please help!!!!Jennifer from Cincinnati,Ohio

You shouldn't have to contact or start anywhere. The inmate is the Groomzilla and responsible for all that. Good luck!

Ravenslove
09-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Working on getting married in NCCI in Marion Ohio will let you all know whats up when we are done.

RomenShell4Eva
02-17-2007, 09:00 PM
My fiance is in BCI how does the rules apply in that facility

mz.timmons442
03-05-2007, 11:24 AM
does Have Any Info About L.a.e.c.i. I Would Please Like To Know The Process With This Specific Inst. Thanks.:)

Brenda Dillon
04-28-2007, 11:32 PM
hi im getting married i talk to his case manger they do everything except i have to find someone that can marry us if anyone knows anyone that would do this please help us we want to get married june 10-9-or 8th thanks so much brenda and mike he is in chillicothe,ohio

mz.timmons442
05-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Hello i am in search of a Minister by Cleveland,Ohio who will be willing to marry me and my Soon to be Husband. He is currently at L.A.E.C.I. Can you please Help!!!!!

raeannii
05-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Hello i am in search of a Minister by Cleveland,Ohio who will be willing to marry me and my Soon to be Husband. He is currently at L.A.E.C.I. Can you please Help!!!!!

I PM'd you the name, addr and # of a minister you can contact.

Moe's Girl
06-30-2007, 10:37 PM
Reverend Donald Jester can marry you in Chillicothe, the charge is $50.00

rottn
07-10-2007, 08:49 AM
In Montgomery County both parties must be present. A lawyer must be there if one is incarcerated. They can either take it to the prison themselves, or mail it there, but taking it would be the fastest and safest route.
He is in Madison County and they don't require all of that, but the chaplain will tell you that all that is not necessary. You have to tell him it is and the lawyer must make a special visit appointment with the case manager to have the papers filled out. Notaries are all over the place to get that job done for you.

Stefanielinn37
09-18-2007, 11:11 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knows what the process is for inmates in Ohio State Penitentiary getting married? I really need help with this and some information on how to the get the process started? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stepfanielinn

misstiffhill
09-22-2007, 09:03 PM
hello my name is tiffany and my fiance is at noble correctional institution and if you could please help us to get married that would be a blessing

rottn
09-26-2007, 01:16 PM
FYI~~ The chaplain at Madison Correctional will give you your wedding date with very little notice. When he found out I picked up the Marriage License, I had 4 days to get it all together. If anyone decides to get married there, have your stuff ready before you get that license. If you don't, your hit. You will have no time at all with him at the wheel.

MidnightCherry
09-26-2007, 07:59 PM
any thoughts how to get married at toledo correctional, me being from canada would that make it more diffcult

dans_baby
09-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Okay...I need to know from anyone that has been married at RCI, how long did it take for your man to get the marriage packet from their case manager?? Did the case manager procrastinate?? Just a "just wondering" question! :) Thanks for the info!

Michelle

Chavonjb
09-29-2007, 10:58 PM
I didnt get married @ Ross but we did apply for the services while he was @ Ross, and he has moved twice since and we still haven't heard any responses. Just to let you know but our situation might be different. so call his case manager if you can.

starrynites2007
09-30-2007, 12:55 AM
Hi Sue - I'm trying to get info on how to get around having to have my fiance with me to obtain the license. I called the probate court in Richland County and was told they couldn't tell me how to get it done, I'd have to figure it out on my own. A power of attorney wouldn't do, I asked. She asked if I had an attorney. I know in Cuyahoga County where I'm from they permit an affidavit from a physician if a medical condition prohibits one or both parties from being there to apply for the license. HELP!!!! Thanks!
HI I;m new here but my soon to be is in Orient and I was told that all prisons in ohio are by the same guide line your to be has to go to the Warden and they Fax the paper work to the court house you pay for it.Good luck:)

rick's girl
10-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Ricky is being transferred to Toledo (FINALLY...GETTING OUT OF LUCASVILLE). Any one know if we can get married there? What do i have to do, blah blah blah. Thanks bunches!!!

mrs.marquez
03-04-2008, 11:16 PM
hi my man and i have been talking about geting married in chillicothe correctional institution and everytime i ask someone about geting married there they always tell me something about ross correctional institution well they both are in chillicothe but he is in cci not rci but i dont know if the rules are the same or what i would like to know how to go about doing this so if someone can help me it would mean so much to me and him!:confused:

brownsugga_28
06-18-2008, 08:43 PM
can you get married in noble correctional in caldwell? If so what is the steps I have to take?

lilipettway
06-19-2008, 08:32 AM
you can call up to the institution and they will tell you if they do wedding ceremonies there. i just got off the phone, i let them know i had some questions about it and they put me through to some voicemail, i dont know how long its gona take for them to get back to me---:blah: its frustrating!! im getting married at lorain correctional institution ASAP. do any of you know any priests that do these types of ceremonies?

lilipettway
06-19-2008, 12:10 PM
hey chicas! i just got off the phone with the cuyahoga county probate office. in this county, she said the only way to do it is to hire a commisioner (attorney) to stand in future hubby's place to recieve the marriage liscense. she said they start at $300 :eek:. you have to have a copy of both your birth certificates, both ss#, and id's. i swear, if our men ever doubt how much we love them, they better recognize...!! god bless

ohiolove
10-01-2008, 07:52 AM
anyone with info on OSP DR inmates, if they can get married, and in that case what the process entails?

ohiolove
10-01-2008, 07:56 AM
anyone have any info on if OSP DR inmates can marry, and if so what the basic process entails?

LionessLove
10-01-2008, 08:23 AM
You have to call the counselor for his prison.Than call the licensing dept. for ohio and find out their regulations.We got married in a detention center with glass dividing us.They said it was impossible but we found a way.We had a family member get ordained first.Then he had to get a license in that state($30).Then I had to go to get the licensing info and requested a special piece of paper which he had to fill out and get notarized by his counselor.(because in va. you have to both be present, so we had to show why he wasn't-because he was incarcerated)But each state is different.Maryland for example only has one person that has to be present.The person who marries you than sends out the signed license saying he/she married you back to the state.Your marriage is than valid.We have been happily married ever since!(well we actually got married in Gods eyes a yr.before, but the minister never sent out that paper to state!So make sure they do that.)Where there is a will, there IS A WAY. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't.Just find the regulations and do your homework.God bless you and your future union!

ohiolove
10-01-2008, 08:32 AM
thank you SO much for your quick reply, and for your wishing us well! I appreciate it a lot.

these rules for OH inmates goes for death row inmates as well? just double checking cause I've been getting conflicting info, and I reeeeaally need to know! ;)

tee88tee
10-21-2008, 09:20 AM
can someone please direct me on how to find an attorney in summit county so i can marry my love??I tried the phone book--can't get attorney to answer back. the only one that did said he wants $1100 just to retain and i can not afford that much with a baby soon to be here. please help us.. he is in belmont and we have the preacher but are blocked again.. i won't give up

JaysGirl0106
11-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Does anyone know the rules for getting married at Lorain Correctional Institute in Grafton? My fiance is going there in a few days and if all goes well we want to try and get married while he is still in jail.

krayzie'swifey
02-11-2009, 10:42 PM
I hope this info will be of help to the ladies trying to get married at ManCI. I had to write a letter to Mr. J E Dunn explaining why i wanted to marry my fiancee first. his address is Mansfield Correctional Camp, PO Box 788, Mansfield, OH 44901. you do have to have an attorney to do the paperwork the attorney that does that for Richland County is Dale Musilli and his number is 419-525-6522. his secretary will send you a packet and you have to complete it and there is a checklist to help make sure you have everything. the cost is $300 for the attorney and $45 for the License. once you have the money and the packet from the attorney you call the attorney's office to set up a date and time to meet him at the Probate Court. after you have done you part of the license, the attorney will then go to the prison and get the inmate to complete his part. the ring can only be valued at $75 and you must have a copy of the reciept. no diamonds. ONLY PLAIN BAND for him. you have to find out what the regular visit days are for your man like mine is even number days so i can do it on tue, wed, or thur on a even number day. get your minister and you can put in the letter what day you would like to get married and he will let you know if it's good PLEASE REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR PHONE NUMBER IN THE LETTER. you are going to need both b-cert's, ss cards, and your id. if he had one while at home take it with you.This is info i got straight from the prison and the Probate Court and i have talked with the attorney. i am waiting to fine out if the day we chose is fine. i will let you ladies know on the 27th of this month how everything went with the license.

sbabygirls04
03-07-2009, 04:36 PM
does anyone have any info on marriages at Noble Correctional in Ohio on how to get married and how to get a marriage liscense through Noble or Washington Counties

Chayseme121
03-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Hello I wanted to know if there is the marriage process is still the same at Mansfield Correctional Institution, and if anyone has recently gotten married there, and how much would it cost to get a lawyer, thanks.

Chayseme121
03-12-2009, 06:25 PM
ok sorry, i just found this thread, so i feel a little stupid posting my last post before i saw these posts. i guess my question would be to krayzie'swife, my man is at the mansfield correctional institution, and i wanted to know does the numbers you provided apply there as well, i know at the camp things might be different. also, i don't know if i'll b able to get his birth certificate and social security card, i dont think his family has them. thanks for the info.

Chayseme121
03-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Ok I feel stupid, please disregard my last post, I posted before I saw this page. The only question I have is what should I do if I don't have access to my man's SS card and birth certificate?

lil_miss
03-17-2009, 12:49 AM
How long does the process take? Bran is almost done with his time at Ross, he has under a year left there, he will then be sent to Ky. We would like to marry before he leaves Ohio.

krayzie'swifey
03-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Hello Chayseme121, it depends on if your fiance is inside the walls. if that's the case you can call attorney Dale Musilli @ 419-524-6522 and tell his secretary that you need a marriage packet and all the info you need will be in there. you have to set a date to meet with the attorney at the Richland County Courthouse and he will make arrangements to go to the prison to get your fiances' info. then you call the prison @ 419-525-4455 and talk to Mr. Giles and set a date. now you are going to need to write a letter telling why you want to marry and your fiancee will need to also. The ring for him has to be valued @ $75 you will have to send a copy of the receipt along with any divorce decrees if necessary and you have to get your own minister to perform the ceremony (he will haveto send his paperwork to Mr. Giles and the date for the actual ceremony has to be one of his regular visit days according to his last number (i.e. my fiancee's visit days are even because his last number is 0) you need ot be there by 7am and the ceremony will take place @ 8 am and you can only have one visitor from his list as the witness or he can get an inmate to stand in for him and then after the service you can visit from 9-3. If you need more info pm me and i will be more than glad to help you. and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

bramonwilson
03-18-2009, 01:47 PM
anybody know any cheap ministers in mansfield ohio that will perform in MANCI as well as cheap attorneys... if so please email me at
bramonwilson@yahoo.com

or

brittanywilson04@tmail.com

revoltswife91
06-09-2009, 10:37 AM
my fiance is in Noble .Ohio and we are wanting to get married in there. do you know of anything or anyway about getting married there ? and how i go about doing that .

Hello, I'm a lisence ordained minister of Ohio, I would like to help in any way I could......I don't know much about the rules of marriage in prisons, this is great info you have provided!! thanks so much..and prayers to you all.

revoltswife91
06-09-2009, 10:40 AM
do you know anything about Noble prison, ohio about getting married in there ?

Hello Chayseme121, it depends on if your fiance is inside the walls. if that's the case you can call attorney Dale Musilli @ 419-524-6522 and tell his secretary that you need a marriage packet and all the info you need will be in there. you have to set a date to meet with the attorney at the Richland County Courthouse and he will make arrangements to go to the prison to get your fiances' info. then you call the prison @ 419-525-4455 and talk to Mr. Giles and set a date. now you are going to need to write a letter telling why you want to marry and your fiancee will need to also. The ring for him has to be valued @ $75 you will have to send a copy of the receipt along with any divorce decrees if necessary and you have to get your own minister to perform the ceremony (he will haveto send his paperwork to Mr. Giles and the date for the actual ceremony has to be one of his regular visit days according to his last number (i.e. my fiancee's visit days are even because his last number is 0) you need ot be there by 7am and the ceremony will take place @ 8 am and you can only have one visitor from his list as the witness or he can get an inmate to stand in for him and then after the service you can visit from 9-3. If you need more info pm me and i will be more than glad to help you. and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

revoltswife91
06-09-2009, 10:48 AM
my fiance is in noble also have you had any luck with marriage information ? if so please share with me the information you know thanks a bunch.. god bless.

hello my name is tiffany and my fiance is at noble correctional institution and if you could please help us to get married that would be a blessing

onegirlswish
09-21-2009, 03:58 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knows what the process is for inmates in Ohio State Penitentiary getting married? I really need help with this and some information on how to the get the process started? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stepfanielinn

Hi Stefanie
My name is Tonya. I was curious to know if you ever found out how to go about getting married at OSP. My guy is currently in there and saw that you too were looking for info but it has been quite a while so I figured I would ask if you ever found out anything. If you have any info could you please let me know. Thanks. My E-mail is tonyac0013@gmail.com

MISSIN MY BABE
10-17-2009, 09:26 PM
hey did you ever find out about the marriage in nobel?

THANKS

hubbardsgirl606
03-08-2010, 09:08 PM
My bf will be released in 4 months, 2 weeks. I live in KY, he is in MaCI, Ohio. Can we get married that quickly? What steps do I need to take? I don't even know where to begin. His case manager told him he would not be able to transfer PRC without immediate family...and I AM THE ONLY ONE HE HAS. I'm heartbroken and at a complete stand still right now. PLEASE HELP!!!!

AHB08
04-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Does anyone know of ministers in the CINCY-DAYTON area???

Sweetswife
08-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Please contact me if you have been successful in getting married in one of the OHIO prisons. The DRC handbook allows weddings but the individual clerk of courts (county probate judges) seem to have tied things up in many of our counties by insisting couples be present to file their paperwork in person. That is where they are tripping us up. We have asked the clerk of courts to allow an attorney to take the paperwork to the prison but as of yet, we are not successful. The county clerks are telling us the judge says no.

Kingsbaby24
08-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Can anyone tell me any information on weddings at Noble Correctional Instituition (NCI) in Ohio. Thank you soooo muchh.

-In love with the KING!

Mrs.lanam
08-20-2010, 11:18 AM
I need the number for a minister that will marry my fiance and I. He is in Conneaut Ohio. we have been trying to get married for 2 yrs and this is the farthest we have got. Pls. help!

LeonsLove
09-07-2010, 11:16 PM
I need to know the process of getting married at warren correctional....I have written my letter bit I don't know who to address it to besides the deputy warden.....we need more help we were suppose to marry prior to his incarceration. Someone out here has some directions for me please we are ready to come together as one...

cindyhardway
09-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Please contact me if you have been successful in getting married in one of the OHIO prisons. The DRC handbook allows weddings but the individual clerk of courts (county probate judges) seem to have tied things up in many of our counties by insisting couples be present to file their paperwork in person. That is where they are tripping us up. We have asked the clerk of courts to allow an attorney to take the paperwork to the prison but as of yet, we are not successful. The county clerks are telling us the judge says no.
How well I am relating to exactly what your going through. Im at my wits end on trying to find a county that will allow us a marriage license. He asked me 1 year ago July to marry him, I gladly accepted but I am no closer to being his wife then I was in July 2009. If anyone knows of anything that could help us getting the license PLEASE share with me.. Thank You So Much. Cindy- Licking County 9-15-10

Sweetswife
09-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Cindy.....We finally are having luck. I go for my license in October. I wrote the DRC in Columbus a letter and complained. They contacted the prison and asked them to work with us. The prison then sent an employee for training in Probate Court to assist inmates in obtaining their marriage licenses and the guy was sworn in and registered as a clerk of courts for the sole purpose of obtaining inmate info and issuing licenses. Contact the religious services department of the STATE LEVEL of the DRC in Columbus and explain your situation. They might help you like they did us. :thumbsup:How well I am relating to exactly what your going through. Im at my wits end on trying to find a county that will allow us a marriage license. He asked me 1 year ago July to marry him, I gladly accepted but I am no closer to being his wife then I was in July 2009. If anyone knows of anything that could help us getting the license PLEASE share with me.. Thank You So Much. Cindy- Licking County 9-15-10

Weddingrev
10-22-2010, 11:12 AM
I guess this is a good place to start with my first post.

I am a minister/wedding officiant in the Cincinnati/Dayton area.
Yesterday I performed a wedding for a wonderful couple; my first visit to WCI (Warren Correctional) in Lebanon.

If any of you are planning on getting married & are in need of someone to perform the ceremony, give me a shout. I'm now on the "okay" list with WCI.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Sweetswife
10-23-2010, 06:34 AM
We are already set up with BelCI in the SE part of the state but if I hear of anyone in your area, I know who to put them in touch with. It takes a very special person to minister in corrections. Count yourself as one of the blessed. I guess this is a good place to start with my first post.

I am a minister/wedding officiant in the Cincinnati/Dayton area.
Yesterday I performed a wedding for a wonderful couple; my first visit to WCI (Warren Correctional) in Lebanon.

If any of you are planning on getting married & are in need of someone to perform the ceremony, give me a shout. I'm now on the "okay" list with WCI.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Weddingrev
10-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Thank you very much, Sweetswife. And congratulations to you!
The decision to do this was not taken lightly & in the process I've met some wonderful people.
We hope to do a vow renewal with family & friends in attendance when the groom is released. What a wonderful event to be a part of!
Again, thanks.

We are already set up with BelCI in the SE part of the state but if I hear of anyone in your area, I know who to put them in touch with. It takes a very special person to minister in corrections. Count yourself as one of the blessed.

cindyhardway
10-29-2010, 05:10 AM
my fiance is in Noble .Ohio and we are wanting to get married in there. do you know of anything or anyway about getting married there ? and how i go about doing that .
:confused::confused: My fiance and I have tried to get married @ NCI for over a year now (july2009) Ive written to Warden Banks, giving him my/our intentions of wanting to marry along with seeking his permission for Mike & I to marry @ Noble. Ive written to Chaplin Huggins and spoke to him a time or two on the telephone concerning this matter, He did send me a copy of the states rules and regulations reguarding prison marriages which was helpful, However I/We still run into brick walls when it comes to getting a marriage license and find ourselves right back at the start!! The way I read and understand the proceedure of getting the license is that the warden HAS to appoint a "volunteer" of NCI who will act as clerk to the court and to the inmate in collecting the legal ID and signature of the inmate and returning such legal information to the probate court in exchange for the Marriage License. Ive not gotten a response from either one of my two letters Ive written to Warden Banks asking permission and submitting our intentions of marriage. So maybe Ive misunderstood all the requirements, needs, rules and laws concerning this rather simple request of an inmate wanting to marry while confined in an Ohio state prison, I dont know. I do know this much for SURE....I want to marry the man that my heart and soul will forever Love!! Mike shares the same feelings and desire as mine.. Will we ever become man and wife while hes a inmate in an Ohio prison???:( Its not looking too positive for us.:blah: Anybody out there with any information of Hope for me in this area I would Sooo Much welcome it.:thumbsup: Thanks Everyone!!

Sweetswife
10-30-2010, 08:33 AM
Cindy...You are at the same point i was for MONTHS! The way to get around that is to write to the director of the DRC or write to the chaplain in charge of ALL of the other chaplains in the entire state. Her name is Wanza Jackson. Check out the DRC website and get addresses in Columbus. I sent 5 letters, using the Columbus director and assistant director, all ocated on High St. in Columbus. You WILL get action then. Write the letters and get back to me in 2 or 3 weeks and let me know if you got a result. We had to play HARDBALL Cindy, in order to get responses. I also paid a lawyer to call down to BelCI and talk to the warden's assistant. Good luck. :confused::confused: My fiance and I have tried to get married @ NCI for over a year now (july2009) Ive written to Warden Banks, giving him my/our intentions of wanting to marry along with seeking his permission for Mike & I to marry @ Noble. Ive written to Chaplin Huggins and spoke to him a time or two on the telephone concerning this matter, He did send me a copy of the states rules and regulations reguarding prison marriages which was helpful, However I/We still run into brick walls when it comes to getting a marriage license and find ourselves right back at the start!! The way I read and understand the proceedure of getting the license is that the warden HAS to appoint a "volunteer" of NCI who will act as clerk to the court and to the inmate in collecting the legal ID and signature of the inmate and returning such legal information to the probate court in exchange for the Marriage License. Ive not gotten a response from either one of my two letters Ive written to Warden Banks asking permission and submitting our intentions of marriage. So maybe Ive misunderstood all the requirements, needs, rules and laws concerning this rather simple request of an inmate wanting to marry while confined in an Ohio state prison, I dont know. I do know this much for SURE....I want to marry the man that my heart and soul will forever Love!! Mike shares the same feelings and desire as mine.. Will we ever become man and wife while hes a inmate in an Ohio prison???:( Its not looking too positive for us.:blah: Anybody out there with any information of Hope for me in this area I would Sooo Much welcome it.:thumbsup: Thanks Everyone!!

NLopane13
11-10-2010, 05:28 PM
around 340 in acctual fees you can find somone to marry you put the individual prisons will sometimes provied a list of ministers in the area that a familliar with the prison process. his ring has to be under 60 dollars with no stones and you are alloud one witness either somone from his visit list or one of the inmates of his choice
thats all i know so far still working on the process but this is all for mansfeild the other prisons might be different.

sguthman
11-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Does anyone know how to get a proxy wedding in ohio??

Weddingrev
11-27-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm sorry, I just saw this.

There are only 4 states that allow proxy marriages. And that is usually for those of the military that are being deployed.
Ohio is not one of the 4 states.

Does anyone know how to get a proxy wedding in ohio??

Weddingrev
11-27-2010, 01:11 PM
I am now on the approved list for Lebanon Correctional Institution!
I will be performing my first ceremony there December 2, 2010!

cherrera83
01-22-2011, 11:26 AM
me and my fiance are tring to find a way that we can get married in the N.E.O.C.C and we are told to try proxy marriage in another state but we cant do it that way cause the sate where i live dose not consider this vaild. dose any one eles know how I can marry my fiance in prison what do I have to do or were do I go, who do I talk to for more infomation some one plz help me.

countrygal
02-16-2011, 02:58 PM
I am an ordianed minister in Ohio. I've only done one wedding , very informal, for a friend but I've used my ministry card to visit young women in jails and prisons. I have been trying to find out if there is a limit to my credintials of marriage, I know I can still get in side to visit , its just the marriage part or even baptism that I'm trying to find out, any help sure would be appreciated. Is there a limit, I'm legal in the state as far as I know unless there are limits.

MrsEalom901
02-17-2011, 04:57 PM
My fiance' and I are wanting to get married. He is at NCCI in Ohio i was wondering if anybody had any info on how we go about doing this? Costs, how to find a minister or someone ordained to marry us, what steps do I take to get the ball rolling.......If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate the help!!! :)

countrygal
02-19-2011, 05:35 AM
the cost should be up to you , its more of a donation type of thing. Just Call and ask I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you

krissy1969
03-22-2011, 10:34 PM
Hi, i was wondering if anyone knew if u can get married at sci in ohio, and if so how to go about it? thank you.

bigteddy'sgrl
03-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Great info on this post! If you have your loved ones Power of Attorney you can also obtain a marriage license without his presence that way.

trbnana24
04-04-2011, 11:17 AM
I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Im trying to marry at Richland Corr. Inst. in Mansfield, Ohio. I am in need of any info I can get, such as how much it all cost and how to find someone to marry us.. thanx so much for any help!!!

Bri'sBeauty
04-12-2011, 01:02 AM
My Fiancée and I are hoping to get married, he is at CCI. I saw some information on this link but nothing very recent. I would appreciate any information or suggestions. Thanks

ilyjjs
04-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Does anyone have any information on how to go about getting married to an inmate at Lake Erie Correctional Institution? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please and thanks!

leftmyluvinOH
04-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Hey, has anyone got married at Marion lately? I live out of state (FL)....I have no idea where to start...help!

DeterminedLuv
04-25-2011, 12:52 PM
I am wondering if anyone has any info on getting married in LOCI (London ohio) prison? Any info would be of great help. thank you

Sweetswife
04-26-2011, 09:01 AM
Marriage is your civil right in Ohio. To be married in an Ohio facility start with the chaplain. They have a list of criteria, which is listed on the Ohio DRC web site. Under policies it is listed as inmate marriages. IF YOU ARE DENIED, once following procedure, contact me and I will tell you the steps I went through to get approved. They involved going above the warden's head. However, follow the steps. You SHOULD be able to receive a license and the institution may have to appoint an employee to be trained and act as clerk of courts to get your fiancee's signature and take it to the courthouse. Every institution is different but there is still an OHIO GUIDELINE TO FOLLOW.

Bri'sBeauty
04-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Marriage is your civil right in Ohio. To be married in an Ohio facility start with the chaplain. They have a list of criteria, which is listed on the Ohio DRC web site. Under policies it is listed as inmate marriages. IF YOU ARE DENIED, once following procedure, contact me and I will tell you the steps I went through to get approved. They involved going above the warden's head. However, follow the steps. You SHOULD be able to receive a license and the institution may have to appoint an employee to be trained and act as clerk of courts to get your fiancee's signature and take it to the courthouse. Every institution is different but there is still an OHIO GUIDELINE TO FOLLOW.

Thanks! I will look that up and keep it on hand. My Man talked to his Unit Manager and he pretty much talked him out of getting married. :angry: He says it isn't necessary for the interstate compact agreement. That is why we are trying to get married. I am in TN and he is in Ohio. He was a resident here and went back to visit and caught a case. :mad: So we are less than 8 months from his release but he will have a year of parole. I am just holding on and believing that God will work this out for us if he is meant to come home.

Sweetswife
04-28-2011, 10:09 AM
He might have also tried to talk him out of it because he has less than a year to go. It takes time to go through the paperwork in prison to prepare for a wedding. I wish you guys the very best whatever you decide to do. Thanks! I will look that up and keep it on hand. My Man talked to his Unit Manager and he pretty much talked him out of getting married. :angry: He says it isn't necessary for the interstate compact agreement. That is why we are trying to get married. I am in TN and he is in Ohio. He was a resident here and went back to visit and caught a case. :mad: So we are less than 8 months from his release but he will have a year of parole. I am just holding on and believing that God will work this out for us if he is meant to come home.

birdie/wes
05-24-2011, 08:36 PM
i am trying to find out how to go about getting married in LeCI. i live in warren county and he is incarcerated in warren count.. Can somebody tell me what i need to do? Thanks..

Weddingrev
05-28-2011, 09:26 AM
i am trying to find out how to go about getting married in LeCI. i live in warren county and he is incarcerated in warren count.. Can somebody tell me what i need to do? Thanks..

Contact Deputy Warden Schwitzer.
He will send you an info packet. You will then go to the Warren County Courthouse & apply for your marriage license. D.W. Schwitzer has been sworn by the State to represent the Court so that all the legal stuff can be taken care of at the time of the marriage.

It's best to have the ceremony in the morning before visitation starts for the day, but that's not always possible. Schwitzer will work with you. But he does ask that the ceremony be no later than 3-3:30pm.
There have been about 7 marriages since Schwitzer has taken over this area & I've done 6 of them!
It's not a hateful process like it is for some prisons.

mzstamp
05-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Does Socf in lucasville allow weddings/ marriage with in that facility.

His Girl 4 lyfe
06-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Hello everyone does anyone know anything about marriage for Noble? Me and my fiance want to get married but know nothing about how the prison does it. And everytime i call the prison no one answers :( and i don't receive any e-mails back from them!? Any info would greatly be appreciated thanks in advance!! :) You can pm me if you'd like.

simone2008
06-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Hello, I noticed that you are, quite informative and helpful I appreciate that personally speaking for everyone. I also wanted to know how much do you charge to perform the ceremonies and how can I obtain your info. We have already submitted our letters, and she has mailed me the packets now I need to find a minister can you please help. Also I think if I am not mistaking you did say with warren correctional he does not have to be present they do everything at the ceremony. Please help thank you.

Contact Deputy Warden Schwitzer.
He will send you an info packet. You will then go to the Warren County Courthouse & apply for your marriage license. D.W. Schwitzer has been sworn by the State to represent the Court so that all the legal stuff can be taken care of at the time of the marriage.

It's best to have the ceremony in the morning before visitation starts for the day, but that's not always possible. Schwitzer will work with you. But he does ask that the ceremony be no later than 3-3:30pm.
There have been about 7 marriages since Schwitzer has taken over this area & I've done 6 of them!
It's not a hateful process like it is for some prisons.

clark4life
07-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Hello everyone does anyone know anything about marriage for Noble? Me and my fiance want to get married but know nothing about how the prison does it. And everytime i call the prison no one answers :( and i don't receive any e-mails back from them!? Any info would greatly be appreciated thanks in advance!! :) You can pm me if you'd like.

Hey. So not sure how noble is but my fiancée is at chillicothe. I suggest you have your man talk to the Chaplin. We recently decided to get married before he comes home. All he had to do was have a meeting with the Chaplin. He signed some papers.

Stampswife362
10-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Hello to all...been some time since I've been on site...been going through it :(...miss by EVERYTHING :love2: soooo much...but he's now closer to home @ LECI...QUESTION-how do we start the marriage process?...I know he has to kite the Chaplin but what do I have to do to prepare for this process and how to obtain a clergy?...Any info would be greatly appreciated...it's so hard to stay strong...:cry:

Mrs.Martin
11-14-2011, 09:58 PM
Well I finally got a chaplin to talk to me and the news wasn't good.
He said there are no longer any marriages alowed at the prison for the time being till they figuire some things out, he said they a probelm of some sort but didn't go into details, I am really frustrated now and so is my fianacee we havn't been able to see each other either since he has to straighten out his visitng list becasue his unbiological dad and grandpa have to be on his friends list and his next security level review isn't till October I still have to long years to wait till he gets out hopefully he was sentenced 13 years and has been there since May 2nd 2002. I'm sorry I'm venting.:fb:

Did you ever get married yet?

kimmy1322
11-19-2011, 09:49 PM
sue

Can you get married at London Correctional Institute?

kimmy1322
11-23-2011, 02:36 PM
Hi Sue,
I was wondering if they are still doing marriages in LOCI and if so what do I need to start doing first?:)

Sweetswife
11-23-2011, 07:01 PM
You may have 2 witnesses. No cameras or flowers at BelCI...don't know about LOCI. The visiting room camera guy took 2 free pictures and we bought a few more at our visit immediately afterward. We did get our own minister. Can you get married at London Correctional Institute?

tattoogirlie
12-29-2011, 07:18 PM
My man and I are wanting to get married and I don't know nothin about prison since it all seems to be very complicated. My man is in belmont and I don't know what we gotta do or have or what to be able to get married. I was wondering if anyone has got married there and I was wondering what its like od we get to have anytime to talk or get a picture? I know this isnt the dream that u have when ur a little girl but to me its perfect because I get my man. Thank you for any and all help anyone gives me.:):)

infamousxkrista
01-03-2012, 06:24 AM
does anyone know anything about getting married at Ross Correctional Institution? or how much it costs?
do you need to have your mans S.S card? birth certificate? hes been locked up over 5 years, he doesnt have any of that.

rocwifey
01-15-2012, 11:54 PM
i need some info on marrying my love one who is at warren correctional i need to know where to get started and what all steps to take we would like to get married on april 7, this year so i would like to get this ball rolling please and thank you for any info you can give me

Rodney's wifey

csgirlalways
02-04-2012, 02:01 AM
Does anyone have any information on marriage at PCI (Pickaway)?

wynkoop
02-04-2012, 04:10 AM
The first step is for both of you to make the request to the Warden. I am in the process myself. I started the process to get married in December, 2011 and finally got the response in writing from the Warden. The Warden or the Chaplain will send you a list of what else needs to be done.

Pictures - it depends on the policy of the prison.

You will need to find someone to marry you there, and pay them to be there.

You will need to get a marriage license in the county you reside in, and send it to the Chaplain . The County will send someone out to complete the marriage license with the inmate.

I know we can have one witness, it will be an inmate friend of my fiencee.

You will have to purchase the rings and take them with you the day you get married.

Hope this helps.

Anna

My man and I are wanting to get married and I don't know nothin about prison since it all seems to be very complicated. My man is in belmont and I don't know what we gotta do or have or what to be able to get married. I was wondering if anyone has got married there and I was wondering what its like od we get to have anytime to talk or get a picture? I know this isnt the dream that u have when ur a little girl but to me its perfect because I get my man. Thank you for any and all help anyone gives me.:):)

HancocksWifey
02-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Did you ever get married or get any info pertaining to gettting married to your loved one in Chillicothe? This post is originally 7 years old I'm hoping for some help as my love is serving out his next 2 years here and we are trying to get married while he's there. Thanks for all your help.
Does anyone know about the process of getting married at Chillicothe? You can e-mail me personally at email addy removed by moderator, please review PTO Rules/policies Any help will be much welcomed ....

Thank you all ... :-)

Mhis
04-25-2012, 06:18 AM
Procedures

The Warden shall contact the probate court of the county in which the institution is situated to determine how the institution may assist the court in processing inmate applications for marriage licenses. For example, at the court’s discretion, the Warden may:

1. Arrange for court personnel, or a person appointed by the court, to come to the institution to take an inmate’s application for marriage license; or,
2. Designate a staff member who may be appointed by the court to act as a deputy clerk for the purpose of taking an inmate’s application for marriage license.

Any inmate who wants to marry shall submit to the warden or designee, a written request for authorization to marry. The intended spouse must also submit a written statement verifying his or her intention to marry the inmate.

The couple to be wed is primarily responsible for obtaining a marriage license. If the inmate is not otherwise able to obtain a license, the inmate shall report that to the warden or designee. The Warden or designee shall contact the probate court of county in which the institution is situated to assist in the application process.

An inmate’s written request for a marriage ceremony to be performed in the institution shall be approved unless the Warden has reason to believe that the marriage ceremony poses a threat to institution security or order, to rehabilitative concerns, or to the protection of the public.

The inmate or the inmate’s intended spouse shall identify the person selected to perform the ceremony and shall provide an address or telephone number where such person may be contacted.

The person selected to solemnize the marriage must be one authorized by Ohio Revised Code Section 3101.08 to do so. The Warden or his/her designee may require the person selected to solemnize the marriage to produce their license or other legal credential to solemnize marriages as issued by either the Secretary of State or the County Probate Court.

The inmate is entitled to have one witness (in addition to the person performing the marriage ceremony) present at the marriage ceremony. The inmate may request a witness either from the inmate’s visitation list or from the inmate general population. This request is subject to the approval of the Warden or his/her designee.

The inmate, the inmate’s intended spouse, the inmate’s family or other appropriate source approved by the Warden or his/her designee shall pay and be solely responsible for any wedding expenses. A marriage ceremony at an institution shall be a private ceremony attended only by persons approved by the Warden.

verntiff
07-27-2012, 11:55 AM

By any chance do you do prison marriages? And if not do you know anyone who does? My fiance is in Belmont Correctional Inst.:)

csgirlalways
07-30-2012, 10:47 PM
For those of you who got married inside in Ohio, what did you write in your letter to the Warden for the intention of marriage? I'm starting mine but not sure how to word it.

emeraldrainbow
09-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has gotten married at SOCF in Lucasville? If you have or if you know you can or can't get married there please PM me. I appreciate any information.

My man is also at Lucasville and we have been talking about getting married there. When I went to visit him a week or so ago, I met a lady who had married her man there and I asked her on the way out what they had to do. She said he has to request a marriage packet (he has) and they had to get their own minister. She said you get about an hour together afterwards, supervised, I guess in the chapel, where you can sit and talk to each other (that's all, though - not kiss, hold hands or anything like that).

I will say this, Lucasville has the kindest of all the personnel I have encountered in any prison, so that's a plus.

Hope this helps you. Also, I do know you can order him a silver wedding band in a package through Union Supply Direct.

zachsgirl
11-20-2012, 04:39 PM
does anyone know if you can get married at noble correctional institute? my fiance was at sci in lancaster and got moved to noble. thanks for your info.

countrygal
12-23-2012, 09:36 AM
I have been refused the to perform any marriage s till I come up with a counseing package. I plan on marryingmy son & his fiance when he gets settled n a prison, hes n county now. Ill keep you all informed

countrygal
04-14-2013, 03:05 AM
I can't help anymore. They don't allow my certification

apesanchez0721
05-08-2013, 06:11 PM
do you have a number where I can contact you to see about you holding services? in marion ohio?:thumbsup:

apesanchez0721
05-08-2013, 06:19 PM
For those of you who got married inside in Ohio, what did you write in your letter to the Warden for the intention of marriage? I'm starting mine but not sure how to word it.
what did you say in yours I have no clue what to say in mine also..... and how did everything work out

HancocksWifey
05-25-2013, 12:22 AM
what did you say in yours I have no clue what to say in mine also..... and how did everything work out

I wrote the deputy warden and said Hello my name is.. and it is my intent to marry my fiance.. inmate#... We have been together .. years and would like to join our children as one. We feel that this is the best decision for our family and would appreciate your support in this as well. I look forward to hearing from you with the next steps that need to be taken in order to fulfill our ceremony. Thank you in advance, ...

After he kited them and I sent in my intent letter I was notified by Deputy Warden's secretary (he's at Warren now) and he was notified by case manager they sent us a packet. You have to first obtain a minister, they need to send in a letter of their intent to marry and state if they are or are not affiliated with the prison or any other inmates, if so.. State who. And also provide a copy of their credentials with the official seal. Once that is approved you can either call and see if Deputy Warden approved or not, next step is choose a date, keep a couple of dates open depends on the visiting room availability. Last step is apply for the license at the county's probate clerk within the time period of the date you are confirmed to marry. Next contact the deputy warden and they usually send their secretary to pick up the license, I was told to do that as soon as I walked out of the probate clerk's office. Lastly, meet with your minister, and show up on time if not early to be married :) Hope this all helps!! Good luck everyone!!! :thumbsup:

abfarrell
06-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Any one get married at Grafton Correctional In.?

babygirl9388
07-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Hi everyone! I am new to this site. My fiance is in pickaway correctional and we are trying to get married. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the marriage license without him being present in the state of ohio and has anyone gotten married at Pickaway before?

I was wondering if u ever found out how to get the marriage license my fiance is in pickaway also and we are wanting to go ahead and get married while hes in there. But everything ive been reading is saying u have to get an attorney to take the paper there to get him to sign it and i dont have the money to higher an attorney. So if u figured out a way to go about this with out an attorney the info would be nice.. thank you

weddrev
08-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Anyone wishing to marry at Lebanon Correctional (LeCI) in Warren County, Ohio the person to contact is no longer Deputy Warden Schwitzer.
You now need to contact Chae Harris @ 513-932-1211 ext. 2020
Your finace` will need to request an information packette from Mr. Harris so you can start the process.
You will need to choose & schedule the date. You will also have to go to Probate Court/Marriage license bureau in Lebanon, Ohio, apply & pay for your license. Mr. Harris will be the one that goes to the court & pick up the license.
You can get this done in about 30 days. Only inmates in section 'A' are permitted to marry.
Weddings take place in the visitation room weekdays at 11:30 am. For those in the Honor camp, weddings take place at 3p.
I have been on their approval list for 3-4 years now. If you have any questions, I will try & answer them.
Email me at revstarla@gmail.com

Please remember that each facility has their own rules & requirements so what is true for one prison is not necessarily true for another one. Both Lebanon Correctional (LecI) & Warren Correctional (WCI) make it relatively easy to marry.

cruisergirl
08-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Ok, I was a COat MaCI. First it is DR&C policy. You go to the county he resides in. Apply for the license, they will send the Sheriff to the institution to get him or her to fill out their part of paper work. Then they take it backto court house and file it. You have to pay for license, the fee for the sheriff, and get your minister or a minister to marry you. The prison minister will not or cannot do it. The only one witnessing it is someone on visiting list. But trust and believe this is lengthy and belittling. As they will treat you like trash during this process. But DR&C can give you the packet, or your inmate can get you one.

kevinsonly wife
10-27-2013, 07:08 PM
I have a question....My future husband in at MANCI and I am a contractor at LECI, how do we go about getting married?

a&jalways
03-10-2014, 04:20 AM
We are definitely talking marriage and he can't wait to change my last name to his. Right now he's at OSP but we both are wanting to wait till he's able to have contact visits. But if anyone has gotten married at OSP it'll be helpful with any information you can give me.

Gagirl/Ohioboy
05-08-2014, 11:07 PM

Hey, did you ever get approved and if so do you have info for me to get in touch with you, I am in Fl so this is hard but my fiancee has been here with me for years got arrested on a old warrant on home vacation, I had to return to work but we dont want to change our marriage date no longer than we have to , thank you