View Full Version : Calling from US prison to Germany ?

knuffiwelt1
08-15-2002, 02:40 PM
Hello everybody , I īm new at this and have no Idea ..so I need help about the US prison ! Can my friend call me here in Germany, or can I call him ? What did that cost ... how did that work ? Thanks in advence....~~ Sabine ~~
P.S.: He is in Lompoc, maybe one have any Information for me or let me know about the US CA prison ...;-) !!! Thanks so much , happy to find this Forum here !!!!:)

B-Ray
08-15-2002, 03:12 PM
Hi, someone in the 'know" should respond soon. What I do know is: all calls are made by the inmate and are COLLECT calls and depends on who, each prison has a contract with, will set the price.

Sorry, I couldn't set a dollar and cents figure for you.

knuffiwelt1
08-15-2002, 03:30 PM
Hi B - ray , thanks for your reply... now is dollar and Euro same worth..smile...what do you mena with collect calls ? collect OK, but collect calls? He must set the price to call me ?
Itīs hard to understand this system for a foreign :-(! But thanks again, and have a nice evening ~~ Sabine ~~

Melody
08-15-2002, 03:41 PM
Hi Sabine! Well my Albert is in a prison in Puerto Rico, but my cousin is in Lompoc here in California. I will ask my aunt if she knows about that. Although personally I do not think that some prisons allow international calls. But you never know, ALbert was able to make calls from Puerto Rico over here to Cali. When I hear a response from my Aunt or cousin I will let you know.

Amy xoxo

David
08-15-2002, 03:45 PM
I think Soraya could probably best answer this post but I don't know when she will be back on. She lives in the Netherlands and her boyfriend/friend has called her there. I'm not sure if it was collect and pre-paid? Also, it depends on what prison system he is in.. If you are talking about Lompoc - the federal joint - they use the ITS-II phone system and HE CAN call you either collect or with his inmate phone account credits. (I suggest the phone account credits, it's MUCH cheaper than collect)
Let me know for sure that he is in the federal prison and I will get you more info. :)
David

knuffiwelt1
08-15-2002, 03:48 PM
Hi Melody , thanks for your information , hope it will be all good, I need to listen his voice....thanks in advance Melody and have a nice evening ~~ sabine ~~

knuffiwelt1
08-15-2002, 03:55 PM
David, not sure, here is the address :US Penitentiary ,
Lompoc, CA 93436 .Donīt know about this system :-( , Called Federal Bureau of
Prisons , is that this federal prison what you mean ...hmmm...thanks so much David .....

Cameo
08-15-2002, 07:15 PM
Knuffiwelt, yep that is a federal prison. How long has it been since you've given Eddie your phone number? There are other people here who have received the international calls so hopefully you will be able too. You can call the prison, ask the main desk for the RECORDS department and when they transfer you to this department ask for the name and extension of the counselor for Eddie. Try to speak to this counselor and he/she should explain the process of how Eddie will be able to talk to you.
Good Luck!

Pamela

knuffiwelt1
08-16-2002, 04:19 PM
Thanks Pamela, I got a Mail from him today, and he told, that he donīt collect calls and so I donīt need to pay if he call me.Hmm... is that not to expensive for him ? I think it is ....I am afraid if he losed his money for a call :-( !

BillnDenise
08-16-2002, 05:42 PM
Knuffiwelt,

My boyfriend is in Federal here in West Virginia. The website for the Bureau of Prisons is www.bop.gov It gives you the addresses, phone numbers, and general rules and regulations for the prisons. However, it doesn't give information on each, individual prison.

Hugs,

Kristin
08-17-2002, 03:17 PM
Hi Im from Denmark and Im expecting a call any time now...
I know there are some prisons in US that dont allow international calls. The calls I know about is all collect. I have never heard of anything else - except if the pre-paid phone card trick works. A collect call cost me about 0.34 $ per minute. So its not so bad!

Good luck!!

Kristin

knuffiwelt1
08-17-2002, 06:33 PM
Thanks Denise and Kristin , all what I can do, is to wait ! :rolleyes: Thanks and have a nice sunday !
~~ Sabine ~~ :wave:

Hilde Bogaerts
08-21-2002, 08:25 AM
hello sabine...I am from belgium and my man is in Virginia/ USA..and he called me last month for the first time in almost 5 years. He asked his counselar and she gave him some papers to ask for a phonecall to another country and he had to wait and see. He did not know when he was able to call me if they approved...so with the time difference and all, he just thought he put the best time on his request that was between 13.00h and and 15.00h in his country . that is between 19.00h and 21.00h in this country. He could make the phone call from the counselars office and that was open from 11.00 in the morning till 15.00h in the afternoon. SO he filled in the request and just waited. he never knew anything untill one day he was working at the library and one of the officers came to him and said he had to come to make the phone call...I had been waiting every day for five weeks, every night and then all of a sudden I had this phone call from the USof A and it was his counselar asking me if I knew it was a collect call...that means I had to pay for it...and I said I knew so then...finally she gave me CLinton on the phone...i was so happy!!! She stayed with him in the office and after about 12minutes he was gone just like that...I put the phone down and just sat there, not knowing what had happened...then about 5 mintes later they called me back and again she asked me if I wanted to pay for the phone call...i said YES..;and there he was again...we talked another 20 minutes and this time he was alone in the office...then he told me he would ask for another phone call real soon...but he can only call me one time every three months..
so...the bill for this 32minutes phone call was only 6 euro...and this country, Belgium, is about the most expensive land in the world to make phone calls...so now I am waiting to hear from him again...it feels so good to hear his voice...I hope your Eddie can call you...it is so far away from this side of the world and to just hear theyre voice is all paperwork and waiting worth, even if it is only one time every three months...good luck, Hilde

thzieglerstgt
04-08-2003, 07:22 AM
Hi Sabine,

I live in Germany and my friend is currently in Lompoc. He calls me regularly and has to pay about $1.00 per minute.

A 15 minute call is allowed and inmates have 300 minutes a month. Inmated have to pay for their calls and can't make collect calls. So if you want your friend to call he must have some funds in his account which he can transfer into his phone account. I'm using international money orders or cash to send my friend some money and it works fine.

Your friend has to get you on his phone list. He can apply to get your phone number on his list. When your number is approved your friend can call.

knuffiwelt1
04-08-2003, 07:24 AM
Ja hallo...thatīs great..lol...in U.S.P Lompoc ???
Mittlerweile ruft er mich an.....but thanks *Ü*
Lust auf E - Mail austausch ?

knuffiwelt1
04-08-2003, 07:25 AM
Oh , I just see USP Lompoc...cool...ever visit ????
Oh come on..letīs talk.. I am really surprised...smile...

knuffiwelt1
04-08-2003, 07:26 AM
Hey, STGT for stuttgart????