View Full Version : Does anyone have a loved one @ Caldwell?

taybout
07-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Hi~ I just wanted everyone to know that I just got home form vistiting my boyfriend @ Caldwell Correctional in Grayson, La. This was my first time to go to a jail for visitation. . . I really didn't know waht to expect. . . WELL it wasn't that bad considering. . . We were able to have a 2 hour visit, sitting across from each other at a table. . . It made me very sad seeing him there like that. . . He is a 3rd offense DUI. . . The guards were very nice and respectful to me. . .

cls7779
07-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Well good for you! So glad to hear it wasn't that bad of an experience for you!

jessnkat
07-10-2008, 07:15 PM
My step-son was at Caldwell, but it's been a while.

Visitation wasn't too bad there - other than the fact that they made you leave your Driver's License on the table in the open in the lobby at check-in. Mississippi just recently STOPPED using our Social Security #'s for DL's #'s - so there sits ALL my personal info out in the open in a PRISON! HELLO! Does no one see the potential for trouble here? I argued with the woman at check in about this and she would only tell me that "That's policy" - SHEESH!

Another thing I didn't like at visitation there was that they literally feel you up - no metal detector, no wand thingy to wave over you - just a CO frisking you! I mean, come on!! I'm not sure what they did to the guys - but the women would call a male CO to handle that.

Do they still do those things there?

SpunkyMonkey
07-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Tay...I'm glad you got to visit. The first time is always the worst, but it does get better, I promise. ;)

Jess...where my husband is they use the shake-down as well. They at least have rooms for women and rooms for men, so we're not felt-up in front of everyone....lol.:rolleyes: