View Full Version : Lawton Correctional Facility lockdown

airplane123
07-04-2008, 07:21 PM
does anybody know when the lockdown may be over

Patty
07-04-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm not familiar with Oklahoma facilities but I came across this post for ya...

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347962

Patty

julirw
07-04-2008, 08:31 PM
i read on the ok cure website that they arn't even considering coming out of lockdown until monday. sucks.

bbydubsgrl
07-05-2008, 01:40 PM
I was told by the warden's sec that it would be monday. But to tell you the truth I wouldnt belive it if the warden himself told me. It always changes there, and there is no telling what they will do. Sorry this has just been my experience over the years here with lawton!

Brownsuga
07-05-2008, 10:10 PM
well i got a letter from my husband today and word amongst the inmates is that this lockdown could go on for a month. he said that he's not sure about that but i guess that that is pretty usual there when these types of things happen.. shoot, we haven't had to got thru a lockdown since that "riot" at cimarron happened back in march of 2005. anyways, i hope that everyone's loves are safe and just remember that the power of prayer heals all involved! keep your chins up.. i know it's hard but we got this!

bbydubsgrl
07-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Brownsuga
I

bbydubsgrl
07-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Brownsuga I will say in all the time he has been there and we have been going through this they have never been locked down for longer than two weeks. Even after the hostage thing last year it was only for two maybe three days. There wasa just one fight in a pod is what my husbands letter said, right next to him. I know the unknown is scary but I really only think they went on lockdown because there were so many fights across the state and they all locked down for the weekend. I pray that what the warden's sec told me was true, and I will be calling back on mon to rescedule our spec visit, so hopefully more answers. Let pray they will let them all out soon. I need to hear his voice\!
Take care
bbydubsgrl....pssss soon to be wife

Brownsuga
07-06-2008, 03:05 AM
thankyou for ur response... i just woke up crying out of a dead sleep as you can see it is now 4:02 am. i am sick with worry all of the time. hope ur sleep is good. and congratulations on the soon to be wife. :-)

bbydubsgrl
07-06-2008, 11:07 AM
I understand completely. When stuff like this happens it makes him being prison so real and almost has hard ot deal with then when he first went. I never left my bedroom yesterday. They whole day. Thank God we have a beautifully strong son. HE just let me be, well as much as a 7 yr old can. He understands that i miss his dad so much and want him home. But I guess we will all make it through this. At least we know they not out there getting into it with others. Your husband will be ok. that easier to tell you then for myself to hear. Ive cried all day and night so im here with ya girl. And today was suppose to be our spec visit. I HATE DOC sometimes. I need him home NOW!

solbn
07-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Maby the 14th but I also heard could be the rest of the summer.

solbn
07-06-2008, 08:57 PM
I have an inside source that says not until the 14th at the earliest maybe longer

solbn
07-06-2008, 09:08 PM
does anybody know when the lockdown may be over
my inside source says July 14 at the earliest maybe longer

Brownsuga
07-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Sounds about right... leave it to the Department of Corrections to not have their shit together. grrrrr, u know i don't know if anybody else here had to experience the lockdown at cimarron in march of 2005 but that was really some crazy shit. i along with others i knew called for 4 days with being told i'm sorry i can't release any info to you. if your husband has been injured and you are listed as his emergency contact you will be notified.. ummm, yeah right. DOC notify families of injuries!! HAHA what a smack in the face. I know that my husband was not apart of this bs at lawton and i am very blessed and thankful for his safety! but this really is crap. u remember the deaths at granite? yeah, one of the inmates that was killed their was a friend/ex-coworker of my fatherinlaw. crazy.. i just can't wait for this ride to be over!! God bless all of you!

bbydubsgrl
07-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Oh Lord please help me through this!

JKB's Girl
07-07-2008, 05:19 AM
It would be nice if they could be courteous enough to let the families know when this f'n lockdown is going to be over. OMG!!!!!!!!

Those chickensh*t mf'rs wouldn't even answer their phones yesterday!!!!!! All I want to know is when!!!!!! When is this stupid a&& lockdown going to be over!!!!!!! I want to talk to my man, I want to go visit. ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH:angry::angry::angry:

Brownsuga
07-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Has anyone heard any new news about the lockdowns?? Just wondering since it's monday and all.

jusdiva
07-08-2008, 06:29 PM
LESLIE, girl I am right there with you!! I am so angry & upset, I purchased my ticket like a month ago to go visit this past weekend on a special visit & look what happened. I live in AL, so it's not like I can just drive an hour or 2, not even 3 or 4 up the street to go see my love. I could spit nails.....

Then on top of that, I haven't been able to talk to him either...we are all in the same boat...I called the facility my hunnie is in & they told me they would definitely be locked down through next Monday, which is the 14th. I am so hurt b/c I was planning on going the last wknd of July, but he!! now I don't know if that will happen b/c there is no telling when they will let them up!!!!

JKB's Girl
07-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Jus,

I am so sorry, I know how highly upset I am now and if your circumstances were mine I would be flat out flipping out. I'm pretty close now, :rolleyes:

It is just so stinking stupid. I am all about their safety, but for real, since when does a lockdown do anything but temporarily stop the violence. I truly believe locking them down only adds to the problems. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, but then look at the mentality that we're dealing with here.

I don't know about where your guy is, but the vast majority of the staff I've seen working there, well they aren't exactly the sharpest tools, know what I mean Vern????;)

As long as we have each other to vent to, we'll make it thru this crap, one torturous second after another. :cool:

Brownsuga
07-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Here, Here... wish I had a round to pass around!! :p grrrr, you are absolutely right... this lockdown is just giving all the guys time to brew.... I mean I am glad and comforted knowing that they are all safe but for how long?? you are right.. this doesn't solve anything.. it is just adding more fuel to the fire and well with cost of fuel these days nobody can afford that.

Brownsuga
07-09-2008, 02:22 PM
From OKCURE:

I have been advised by the Warden at Lawton that they will not have
visiting again this weekend. The inmates are still lockdown. They are
taking them out to shower but not allowing phone calls because of the
problem with time.

DOC has advised that they will make announcement tomorrow about the
rest of the facilities.

Lynn Powell President
Today's Inmates are Tomorrow's Neighbors

:angry:
hmmm, well I guess that right along with phones and time that they must not have time to have any of their co's pass out commissary too!?!? anyone else not getting any mail. I know some have but I know that my husband had only 2 stamps left and was waiting for commissary the week that they got locked down and I haven't rec'd any mail since saturday. grrrrr...................:angry:

bbydubsgrl
07-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Man this is a bunch of B.S. If they knew that visits and calls home are the things that remind them to stay out of trouble and help to keep them sane. Ok I can get the lockdown, keeping them all confinened and seperated. But why not at least open up the pod for a few hours at at time to allow calls. They could even keep the lockdown but allow visits. They need to stay connected to the outside world, to their girls, and their children, so they remember they are not alone, that we have not forgotten about them and most of all THAT WE STILL NEED THEM. We all know what happens when you back a man into corner like a dog allowing them no love and affection for so long.
DOC CAN'T break them or us, stay strong for you love ones.

BBYDUBSGRL

Im here til the end, just cant wait til we get there!

jusdiva
07-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Leslie, girl when I tell you I am about to blow a gasket over here. I have been on edge for the past 2 wks....I am right there with you sista!!!

I was talking to an atty that represents inmates in Lawton & Granite & to hear him tell it those 2 facilities will be locked down until Dec 1st...that is just hearsay, so it's definitely not set in stone. It wouldnt surprise me...then on top of that I heard Conners & Stringtown to possibly Aug 1st...I am going to be too through. I have been so upset for the longest...I got a letter from my love today though & I hate he is in that predictament. He std in the letter they are not telling them anything, just coming around on Monday's and passing out comm. lists with limited items. He said they are letting them out everyday to take showers at night, but he said it's not really that serious at his yard b/c those causing the initial trouble have been shipped to other yards already...I keep my fingers crossed for all of us having to suffer through this ordeal!! LOVE U LADIES & STAY STRONG!!

Brownsuga
07-10-2008, 07:47 PM
From the OKCURE email that I got:

Offenders in the following units will be allowed to visit during the
upcoming weekend:

Oklahoma State Reformatory
A-Unit offenders that have complete Faith and Character
G-Unit
Minimum security unit

Dick Conner Correctional Center
Minimum security unit

Mack Alford Correctional Center
Minimum security unit

Private Prisons
No private facility inmates will visit

Thank you for your assistance in sharing this information with
families and friends of offenders. Additional information will be
provided as it is known.

Greg Williams, Assistant Deputy Director

Field Operations

bbydubsgrl
07-10-2008, 10:56 PM
This is just too much!

Brownsuga
07-11-2008, 08:50 PM
well I was one of the people that emailed Lynn at OKCURE regarding commissary and this is the response to that and the fact that some facilities may be on lockdown until december 1st.

From OKCURE:

Ok, I'm coming up for some air and will try to stop some of the
rumors going on out there. A wonderful lady drove me to the BOC
meeting yesterday so I could talk face to face with those at the top.

They are trying to move the ones causing the trouble, but since they
have no empty beds they first have to move someone else to make room.
There is/was no talk of the lockdown lasting weeks let along months
like some of the emails I got today said the rumor mill had going.

They will see where things are next week and we will advise everyone
as soon as we can. I can also tell you that I've been told that
Lawton has gotten their canteen. Renee Watkins, the person over the
contract monitors was going to check on Cushing and Holdenville. I
don't know about DOC but those were supposed to be checked on too.

They should be getting fed, meds and showers, but no phones. They are
hoping to be able to start letting very, very short phone calls when
they are out to shower. So hopefully some of you will get calls this
weekend. Please do all you can to try and stop the rumors, I know
that they make it that much harder on everyone. I will repost the
latest visiting info below,

Please, please pass this info to everyone you know that doesn't
receive OK-CURE's emails and remember to call those that don't have a
computer

Lynn Powell President

angelbabyzmom
07-13-2008, 03:45 AM
I just wanted to say that not all lockdown info is rumors we are simply posting what we have heard one way or another. For instance, yesterday I called Granite where my husband is located and asked if their lockdown would be over soon and was told the only info this person had been given was that is was to be a long term lockdown and to help you get a picture of what that might be they had just come off being locked down from the May stabbings a week or so before these stabbings. Do I know how long it'll be, No I don't. Just what I've been told, just what I can relay. So for what it's worth that's what I've been actually told. And if it is a rumor it started with employees and not on the outside.

Brownsuga
07-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Info from OKCURE:

While we don't know for sure and probably won't know till Thursday as
to whether or not there will be visiting this coming weekend; there
is one thing I can tell you, the checking in process and more than
likely the visitation itself will be different. DOC has new equipment
they will be using to screen the visitors I know it seems like it has
been longer but it has really been just 2 weekends that they haven't
had visits.

While I think most of you know that there were stabbings at several
prisons and the gangs involved have said it is still on when they
open the doors. DOC is trying to make sure they have the trouble
makers moved to Max. What some of you may not be aware of is that
cell phones is thought to be at the center of all this. Inmates have
always been able to send "kites" messages to other yards well in this
day and age they now just use cell phones to call other prisons and
sometimes to the free world in order to put hits out. DOC understands
that everyone has been suffering

Don't go jumping on me they will admit that stuff doesn't just come
in by families but also some staff or vendors. For all you lifers out
there, there will be a new way of doing time. It use to be that
lifers to talk trouble makers down so as not to cause problems for
those that just want to do their time and go home. But it isn't that
way anymore.

DOC understands everyone, inmates and staff are sick of the
lockdowns. They are working very hard to arrange more Max beds so
they can just lockup the trouble makers and let everyone else get
back to what ever normal is.

Lynn Powell President
Today's Inmates are Tomorrow's Neighbors
okcure@... (http://******************/group/OKCURE/post?postID=tDpeFvvdwmhqVcGbP4u59Gvr_ptilvPkVZd6Ff VUQiRFteGfbRX4HHdxAgV0G3cvCzDH8XoOCX948g)
www.okcure.org
http://******************/group/OKCURE (http://******************/group/OKCURE)

EIHMOM
07-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Does anyone have new news about Lawton's Lockdown? How much longer?
Worried Mom

Brownsuga
07-15-2008, 04:42 PM
I don't have any news... I just responded to your msg.