View Full Version : ~** July Chat for Solano **~

wendy tyler
07-01-2008, 09:11 AM
AllyM, I've been keeping a close watch on the fire and smoke situation there, and the advisory is suggesting everyone stay indoors. Without hearing anything, I pretty much assumed they would be staying inside. If they fail to heed the warning and someone ends up with respiratory problems, heads could roll.

PTO-110524
07-02-2008, 09:42 AM
I will be closing the monthly chat thread on the first of each new month and opening a new thread.

Solano's chat thread is 11 pages long and over 2 years old! :eek::eek::eek:

It's much easier to navigate a chat thread when it's only for a month-long period.

So...here's your chat for July!!

:wave:

setvasq
07-02-2008, 04:06 PM
gReat idea.. much more easier to get info and all the 411 on our love onEs.--

SolanO visitor.

cnk
07-04-2008, 08:26 PM
I will ask my husband. He is on lockdown right now.

13lazyboy
07-07-2008, 10:35 AM
That sounds good cause it was getting old. Well update my husband got a visit from his brother and he said it was not crowded at all. So that was good I wished it could have been me visiting. I hope everyone had a good 4th of July.

LadyBaby
07-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Yeah, when I came out of my visit to ad-seg, I took at peep at the visiting room and it was almost empty due to blacks and whites on yard 2 not being able to have visits. I can't wait til my babes is out of ad-seg and his yard is off lockdown, so I can touch him...

PTO-110524
07-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Hey ladies - I'm gonna post this here since I think we all tend to read the chat thread. :D

On the new Status Alerts Sticky at the top of the forum page. That is for CONFIRMED lockdown info - not inmate info. LOL

If you talk with Lt Wamble or get an email from him with information on a lockdown - THAT can go in the Status Alerts.

Also - the weekly visiting hotline updates can go up there.

If we just talk to our guys and they 'heard' this or that - bring that down here to the chat thread until we can get confirmation on any possible lockdowns.

Thanks.

LadyBaby
07-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Ok -have you talked to Lt. Wamble today? I haven't been able to reach him...

PTO-110524
07-09-2008, 04:03 PM
LOL - nope. He's being elusive. :haha:

LadyBaby
07-10-2008, 09:20 AM
I have an appointment for this weekend in ad-seg.

13lazyboy
07-10-2008, 11:47 AM
I wish I could visit.

13lazyboy
07-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Hey ladies I have not heard from my husband and I have this off the wall feeling that something is not right. He is in Bldg 12. Does anyone have a loved on in that building. I would sure appreciated if there is any info out there to explain why he has not called. I tried the councilor and nothing.

LadyBaby
07-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Babygirl, that's good that you go with your first mind and made the call to the counselor. You know it's just something about a woman's intuition...I just called Lt. Wamble and he didn't answer. I would say don't fret though, as you know God has him covered:)! Oh yeah! You only have 1 month to go! I am soooo happy for you! I can't wait 'til I could say that:D!

LadyBaby

PTO-110524
07-10-2008, 05:51 PM
That building isn't locked down and has normal visits, so it might just be the phones. You can always call Records and check his housing. If he's in his usual housing - you know he is okay.

I do that all the time and it eases my mind. ;)

13lazyboy
07-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Well ladies after calling and finally getting a hold of LT. Womble he checked on my husband for me and found out the indeed even though the computer said he was in the same housing unit LT. called the unit and was told that he had been moved to Ad Seg. Oh did my heart drop. He could not say why but was told that he would be in there for a while. Can't even explain what I felt. He is to parole next month and know I don't know. We are supposed to re wed on August 30 so our family can be there this time and know who knows what's going to happen all I can say is in God we trust. Please ladies say a little prayer for my husband lazy. Thank you!

wendy tyler
07-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Lazyboyz Lady, I'm so sorry to hear that, bless your heart, you knew something was wrong. You hear so many times how an inmate gets into trouble right before they are to get out. Many times it is spurred on by other jealous inmates trying to screw up the release date for those getting ready to go home. Many request pc towards the end just to avoid it. I will be saying a prayer for Lazy, I can't imagine what's going through his mind right now, but I can imagine what's going through yours.

LadyBaby
07-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Like I said, you were smart in following your intuition and making that call. Did Lt. Wamble give you any suggestions on how to find out what he's in there for? My guy is in there too. The first thing I did when I found out was, I sent him tablets of paper, envelopes and stamps. As soon as my guy received it, it wrote to me and kinda told me what was going on. When the lines open on Monday (they are only open for appointments from Mon-Thurs), call this number and schedule a visit to see him on next Saturday or Sunday: 707-454-3266. Make sure you keep calling over and over as the lines are tied up alot and they only take calls between the hours of 11-1 p.m. I'm sorry you're going through this. I've been told when the release date gets close, somehow trouble begins. Remember, God's got him covered. I am praying for you both now...:)

PTO-110524
07-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Well ladies after calling and finally getting a hold of LT. Womble he checked on my husband for me and found out the indeed even though the computer said he was in the same housing unit LT. called the unit and was told that he had been moved to Ad Seg. Oh did my heart drop. He could not say why but was told that he would be in there for a while. Can't even explain what I felt. He is to parole next month and know I don't know. We are supposed to re wed on August 30 so our family can be there this time and know who knows what's going to happen all I can say is in God we trust. Please ladies say a little prayer for my husband lazy. Thank you!

I am so sorry to hear this! I hope his parole date isn't pushed back too far, Hon.

Send him writing supplies ASAP. Sounds like he just got moved there if the computer wasn't even updated when you called. He should see committee within a week or so and then will have a better idea of what he is looking at. Also - he will have a new counselor now that he's in ASU. Records SHOULD be able to tell you who he's assigned to.

:grouphug:

wendy tyler
07-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Hey ladies, please advise. I was under the impression from the website at Walkenhorst's, that I could order son's shoes as an appliance, he already has his quarterly. I just found out I cannot order them for Solano as an appliance package, it doesn't apply to Solano. Any advice as to how to get him shoes now that he has received his quarterly? I'm open for any "constructive" advice. I didn't want to weigh down his quarterly, thinking I could send them as an appliance and just found out I made an error in that assumption. The kid is still wearing crap boots that are all torn up. Anyone?

13lazyboy
07-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Well ladies here is an update. My husbands brother went to see him this weekend and we found out what he is being investigated on. Someone basically said he mastermind a stabbing that happend a couple weeks back. He is so upset because my husband was the one that had notified the youngsters family of what had happend. And the reason being was that my husband was friends with his brother and the brother had just transfered to another prison. I remember how upset my husband was when it happend. So I can't belive this is happening. I remember my husband saying that the only good out of that situation was that the facility would be on lock down and that maybe he could ride on that lockdown till he came home. And know look what's happening know. I can't believe this. So so far he said he has to stay there pending investigation. Man when will the madness ever end.

PTO-110524
07-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Yeah, they stopped letting shoes be in 'special purchase packages' at all prisons.

If he has a celly he trusts and who hasn't gotten a package - send them to his celly. Or anyone else in his housing that he TRUSTS if he's in a dorm.

Otherwise - he will have to wait. :(

Sorry - damn CDCr is constantly changing and it's a real job to keep up with all the changes.

LovingGLJ
07-14-2008, 11:52 AM
I got there at 9am and didnt get in until 1:30:mad:..YIKES! They has one person training and all the regulars called in...It was such a long wait, but it was worth it..I just had to see my "honey!" They gave us an extra 15 mins and for the people that didnt get in until 2:30-2:45, they gave them an extra 30 mins.!!!!!

Lets see what happens this weekends:o

cnk
07-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Blacks & whites on yard 2 are still down. I just got off the phone with my husband. He said they started calling names this morning of people who could be out--beginning to bring the yard up--then there was an alarm and now they are back down. He either didn't know what happened or didn't think he should say. He was out for a shower when he called. So not much real info. He said he has no idea when things will get back to normal. I am still waiting for his letters that might have more. :(

davidandbridget
07-14-2008, 03:35 PM
It was horrible. I don't usually visit on Saturdays but I thought I would run up there real quick because I was going to be late on Sunday too. So I got there Saturday at 11:40, by the time I got my daughter out of the car and so on, I'm sure it must have been 11:45 to 11:50, and passing the shuttle bus some of ladies said they had been there since 7:30 and just now waiting for the bus, so by the time I stood in line for a pass, it must have been 12 noon that the numbers were called and they were only on 120 to 130!!!!! My pass number was 286 and obviously I didn't make it, they cut it off at 280 and at 2:15pm. I didn't realize they were giving people more time in the visiting area.....that was awesome of them. The following day was a little better but still took a lot of time. anyway the normal bus drivers were processing folks and we had a new bus driver too......anyway.....I really hope it's better this weekend....shoot, I always just hope we have visits....!!!

LadyBaby
07-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I was there this weekend, but I visited ad-seg. I saw when I left that there were more than the average amount of people waiting outside and the visiting room was virtually empty. The two regular CO's that check people in both called in sick per the visiting LT. There were no others with log-ins so the comupters were limited to the visiting LT and finally one other person who came in to assist. I felt sorry for the visitors as I left....

LovingGLJ
07-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Has anyone been to visit Friday? I am going Friday and wanted to know what time should I arrive to get in as early as possible?

Sassy7
07-14-2008, 05:33 PM
I visited this past weekend and visitng was a real freaking nightmare. I arried Friay at 9:30 and waited until 9:58 to go the front gate. They were allowing visitors access to the parking lot and allowing parking in designated parking spaces. You were allowed on prison grounds at 10 on Friday and 6:30 Saturday and Sunday mornings.

The visiting was a real mess. I had a friend that arrived at 10 and didn't get in until almost 2 on Saturday. Hopefully they can come up with a better idea -- 'cause this new process definitely is not working. Visitng this weekend was from 8 'til 3:15.

On Friday the visitng room did not fill up. And fortunately for the families they did not terminate any visits on Friday or Saturday, but they did on Sunday.

There has got to be a better way to process the families so that everyone gets into the visitng room in a reasonable amount of time.

I wonder wth the employees who called in sick -- was this a pre-planned effort on their part. 'Cause having new employess process families just really slowed things downn to a snails pace.

LovingGLJ
07-14-2008, 05:46 PM
I know I went on Saturday.Got there at 9am and didnt get in until 1:30....? iT WAS CRAZY...So I am going on Friday to see what happens!!!?

AllyM
07-14-2008, 07:44 PM
I visited on Sunday, seems they were getting a little better by than. But I was number 26 and still didn't get in till after 9:15am, which is strange cause last time I went on a Sunday I was in the 60's and was hugging him before 9am.

CO's calling in sick was not the story I heard. Only rumor of course, but I think some stuff went down regarding searching CO's for contraband and a few didn't do so well with that, might have messed the CO scheduling system up for sure!

It was strange to see the bus driver behind the counter checking people in. The guy that checked me in was really new at it or at least way out of practice.

But, it made the lines for the microwaves a lot shorter! :eek:

Blessings, Ally

P.S. I'm just really excited to see my tag line read 11 months and 30 days... woot!!!! Under a year! She's danc'n now!!! :D :clap: :musical: :lovestruck:

LadyBaby
07-15-2008, 09:32 AM
I visited on Sunday, seems they were getting a little better by than. But I was number 26 and still didn't get in till after 9:15am, which is strange cause last time I went on a Sunday I was in the 60's and was hugging him before 9am.

CO's calling in sick was not the story I heard. Only rumor of course, but I think some stuff went down regarding searching CO's for contraband and a few didn't do so well with that, might have messed the CO scheduling system up for sure!

It was strange to see the bus driver behind the counter checking people in. The guy that checked me in was really new at it or at least way out of practice.

But, it made the lines for the microwaves a lot shorter! :eek:

Blessings, Ally

P.S. I'm just really excited to see my tag line read 11 months and 30 days... woot!!!! Under a year! She's danc'n now!!! :D :clap: :musical: :lovestruck:

Yeah, I heard something along those same lines last night. The CO's that didn't want to be searched did not come in...

LadyBaby
07-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Last night I was told that inmates were being let out 10 at a time in each building on yard 2, and they should be completed by Wednesday. Hopefully visiting is back to normal by Saturday and my guy is out of the hole by tomorrow. Today is his hearing...Say a prayer for me:)...

LovingGLJ
07-15-2008, 10:51 AM
I am praying for u all........I hope his hearing goes GOOD!

13lazyboy
07-15-2008, 03:07 PM
I am praying for you ladybaby.