View Full Version : Visiting & Money

Missenhim
06-29-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm leaving this Wed to Oregon (OSP) to visit with my friend. Yesterday I received a letter from him and in the letter he mentioned that he put $20 available to me for the visiting room. He said he is not sure how it all works because he has never done it before. I have no idea what he is talking about?

I know that I was going to bring in 4 $5.00 bills for tokens and pictures.

Does anyone know what my friend is talking about and what I need to do? I really don't want to take his money as I know how hard he works for it. I also don't want to see him loose it. I could always re-invest back onto his account while I'm at the prison...

Thanks!!:)
Lisa

iloveyoumore
06-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Not sure Lisa...I have never been to OSP. I didn't want to leave you out here alone and lonely with no response though! I hope you have a great visit!

fidelsgirl
06-30-2008, 01:50 PM
I am not sure what that is either, but as far as pictures go at EOCI, I was told they have to buy the tickets for those before the visit and present them to the guard when they come in for visiting. It might be different at OSP. You can always contact the jail before you go and ask this question and they should give you an answer better than us.

LovinMyPrisoner
07-04-2008, 11:44 AM
At OSP you buy them with tokens at the visit. At a lot of others though, (Like TRCI where my man is at currently) he has to purchase the tickets a few weeks in advance.
He probably left the money out there for you so you could get the tokens for food and photos. He probaby understands how much you're doing (as far as flying out there and all) and wants to help out as much as he can. Sounds like a good guy!

Missenhim
07-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Yes LovinMyPrisoner, that is exactly what he was trying to do. It did not work out that way, but that was very cool. He bought all the pictures. It was a good trip!

JustChendy
07-10-2008, 10:47 PM
I am glad you had a good trip......

Zelda50
07-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Missenhim - Can you explain in a little more detail what he tried to do - why it "didn't work out" and what the proper procedure is for him to pay for the photos? Might be helpful to future folks. Z.

Missenhim
01-13-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry Zelda, I diden't see this last post.

My friend at the OSP thought he could reserve money for me so that I could buy the tokens with his money and not use my own.

But it does not work that way. They can't have money reserved for you, you must provide your own, to use for the tokens.

They can however buy picture tickets acouple weeks ahead of time for the visit.