View Full Version : Mail at LA County IRC

monimo
06-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Can inmates receive mail at the IRC? My husband has been there for almost three days and is waiting to be housed somewhere in County, not prison thankfully.

teajai71
06-26-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm not sure, but to my recollection, no they can't. They aren't usually housed there long enough to receive mail.

Hope this helps!

monimo
06-26-2008, 09:31 PM
It does help, thanks. I'm just waiting for him to be housed so I can send him my letters and other things I've been collecting for him.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
06-27-2008, 01:25 AM
If he is at LA County IRC it is temporary but you can send mail. Call 213-473-6100 or 213-473-6080 and they will give you an address to send his mail. They are not usually at IRC longer than a few hours. Good luck!! = )

grayworldangel
07-07-2008, 03:33 PM
He won't get any mail while he's inside IRC, but that shouldn't stop you from writing! It'll take the post offce a few days to deliver the letter, anyway. Use the Terminal Annex address...it'll be delivered to the right facility from there.

Name, booking #
Terminal Annex
P.O. Box 86164
Los Angeles, CA 90086-0164

DDSkeletor
07-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Mine has been in the IRC for 5 days now. It's taking them forever to transfer him. I write every day to the Terminal address mentioned above. I figure that it will eventually get to him. I called the inmate information service phone number today to make sure he was really still at the IRC and asked about mail as well and they said that while they are in the IRC they do not get mail or visits but the website says to write to the terminal address. So I write in hopes he gets my letters eventually.

halebop
07-13-2009, 09:46 AM
definitely write anyway! (use the terminal annex address). mine was initially moved to a sheriff's station after IRC and a few days in MCJ (he's moved several times since) and it actually took 2 full weeks for him to get the 1st letter I mailed the very day he went into custody. hopefully your mail will arrive faster than that. i suspect mine took longer because he moved around quite a bit.

MitosWifee!
07-13-2009, 01:25 PM
definitely write anyway! (use the terminal annex address). mine was initially moved to a sheriff's station after IRC and a few days in MCJ (he's moved several times since) and it actually took 2 full weeks for him to get the 1st letter I mailed the very day he went into custody. hopefully your mail will arrive faster than that. i suspect mine took longer because he moved around quite a bit.
The mail takes forever..I stopped writing my husband because it took so long.We just made up for it phone calls and visits. Two weeks is good~try 3 and 4 weeks..:eek: