View Full Version : Info on Jefferson CI

dtdiva
06-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Does anybody have any recent info on visits at Jefferson CI in Monticello county Florida? My bf just got transfered there. He was at Tomoka in Daytona. The visits there were pretty laid back. We could sit beside each other and hold hands. Just wondering how strict they enforce the rules at Jefferson? Also, how strict are they on our dress? He was only 30 min away from me at Tomoka. Now, I will have to drive 3.5 hours. So, I don't want to get turned away because of my clothes or get visits terminated for doing something like holding hands that we were allowed to do at another institution. Also, becuase, I live so far away I would want to be there when the doors open to make sure to get all 6 hours of my visit. Anybody know how fast they process visitors and if there is a long line in the morning. Tomoka was horrible at processing. We would wait for hours!!! I appreciate any help that anyone can give me. Thanks!

ben's girl
06-26-2008, 04:40 PM
I don't know any specifics about Jefferson, but from a comment one lady made the other day while we were waiting outside it's not laid back.

14WBT
07-05-2008, 08:47 PM
I have a friend that was at Jefferson not that long ago. He got moved to Bay CF about 3-4 months ago. Jefferson has its good days and bad days. As long as the CO's don't have a problem with your bf you should not have any problems. We got called out a couple of times for stupid stuff. One time he had his arm over my shoulder I was sitting next to him...they called him on it. They watched us like a hawk and we never gave them any reason to do that. Now others got away with all kinds of stuff....like I said if your bf has not problesm with the CO's he should be okay and you should have a nice visit. As for dress code I have seen them turn away people before. Just make sure you bring extra clothes in your car if you are unsure. No shorts and or sleeveless shirts and no see through clothing and you should be good. They were always very nice to me I could just tell one of the CO's did not like my friend at all and it was very obvious. I always felt like I was watched like a hawk. If you have any other questions just let me know.