View Full Version : Welcome To Valley State Prison (VSP)

Barbara
06-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Welcome Guests

We would like to extend our most heart felt welcome to all of our guests that are viewing our Valley State Prison (VSP)forum, and of course all of PTO. We are here to lend you our support and share our knowledge with you. PTO comes to you without obligation and our only request of you is that you share your knowledge with us whenever possible. Once you register here at PTO please feel free to PM myself or any of our team at anytime. We are all at the ready to help you in any way we can. We will all be waiting for your first post.

Sincerely,
CA Staff

hapahaolekit
01-07-2009, 01:57 AM
I am new and not very computer literate so am trying to figure out how this all works. So this is kind of a test to see if I am reaching anyone and can see their response. My spouse is probably at VSPW but I won't be able to confirm until hopefully this Friday 1/9 (the 10th day is actually Saturday and I don't think the locator answers the phone on WEs). Anyway trying to get all the info I can and support!!

Wolf
01-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Welcome Hapahaolekit to PTO/VSPW!!!
We are happy you have joined our Forum...
You will find support and a lot of information here...
Any questions you may have ....we are here to help you find your answers...
Have a Good Day....

lilg
05-15-2009, 03:50 AM
so, im totally new to the internet sometimes i feel like an idiot which im not i get so frustrated when the computer takes me in circles i just give up
i spent many many years behind those walls &ccwf and i know i can give reliable answers or advice or whatever i just dont know what im doing too well on the computer:o

you must be from hawaii i lived out there for some years awhile back i also spent quite a bit of time at vspw :blah:

Alabasterbox
08-26-2010, 12:38 AM
thanks for this website it will come in handy let's continue to pray for our women and men.God will pertect our love ones

SUNofMAN
10-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Does any one have a stories regarding the shu?

ilovemygf1978
06-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Does any one have a stories regarding the shu?

I dont have any shu stories but this past semester I did a paper for my government class challenging the 8th amendment of the Consitution when is comes to solitary confinment...My girlfriend did 10 of the 31 years she has severed in shu and I dont ask her to much about it but if you have any questions i know i can ask her for you.

ilovemygf1978
06-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Hello VSPW I am new to PT been on her about a week now and I love it. I MWI my girlfriend and I love my lifer.. She is currently in VSPW...The hardest part for me is not being able to see her well hym my grifriend is trans regularly but god willing. Hy has a parole hearing in December and we are trying to do all we can to be granted parole in hopes that hy can parole to the east coast.. If we are denied which I am setting myself up for so it wont be some much of a let down if it does happen I will be out that way this time next year..though I dont think it will be in Cali itself but is one of the surrounding states.
I am thankful for this site it has truely been a blessing to many though it has only been a week it has been a true blessing to me. Thank You All.

Michelle

alanword
06-10-2011, 12:33 PM
I am not used to being away from her.

Passingtrucker
11-01-2011, 09:13 PM
About 2 months ago, doing a Google-news search on "chowchilla prison" or "valley state prison chowchilla," I came across news that the mayor of Chowchilla had filed a complaint with the state, alleging that the impending conversion of VSPW (http://www.thechowchillanews.com/2011/09/21/39684/madera-supervisor-updates-council.html) into a mens' facility will cause an increase in Chowchilla's population because the family of male inmates will move to Chowchilla, causing an increase in police, fire, and other city services. He demands the state pay the city for this anticipated increased services.
In one of her past letters, my ♥SHU♥ mentioned she might be moved to CIW in Chino, so it seems this news report supports her story. Has anyone heard when this conversion of VSPW into a mens' facility will take place:confused:??
Furthermore, there's news report of a hunger strike (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/15/us-prisons-california-idUSTRE79E0B920111015) at some CDCR facilities. Anyone know if VSPW SHU inmates are participating on this hunger strike:confused:?? It's been 6 weeks since I received a letter from my ♥SHU♥, so I'm guessing she had been denied letter priveleges for being a supporter or active participant on this hunger strike.

his#1 bball fan
11-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Hi PT-Here is latest info the CDC has posted on their website about the hunger strike HERE (http://cdcrtoday.blogspot.com/2011/10/all-inmates-have-resumed-eating.html) and also check out our CA News forum HERE (http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=562594) for PTO member's posts re it as well. Hope you hear from your loved one soon!

Passingtrucker
12-22-2011, 07:23 AM
About 3 weeks ago, I called VSPW to confirm if news report of conversion to a men's facility is true, and the spokesperson denied it, implying the news orgs are spreading false malicious rumors. However, her (my significant other) recent letter mentions starting in January, they're being moved in either vans or passenger vehicles to CIW. I'd interpret these conflicting reports as VSPW anticipating possible attempt to block or hijack a prison transfer vehicle to rescue an inmate. By moving inmates in small numbers, you'd never know which day your targeted inmate to rescue will be moved.

friend67
04-21-2012, 04:14 AM
My gf just goy moved to a yard from b yard and is a short termer now. She did not expect to get moved kind of upset her as she wanted to say goodbye to her friends. She says a yard is receiving which from my understanding and what she told me that is where ladies that are going to be released go or they put the troublemakers there to . My question is we don't haver her date yet as she is going to be released early supposedly in the next few weeks on a special program . I know she has told me she will call me as soon as possible as she finds out the phone privileges . Guess I am just worried I won't get to find out the date so I can pick her up. Kind of freaking out and stressed about it. So does anyone know how long after they switch yards they can use the phone.

loveront
11-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Hello,
I just got a letter from my love saying that he would be sent to VSP this week. He thought before I got his letter. I hate change but it is not like I have a choice :blah:. Till they have full weekend visits I guess I will not have to worry about hotels or places to eat. I will drive 3 hours up and back on the same day :blah:. I hope that we get to at least use regualr non underwire bras and regular pants with zippers because I hated that about CCI. I loved that CCI was 45 minutes away and that it did not stink like cow poo.
Thank you, and I am not usually a negitive person but I am tired of getting moved so much.
Angie :D

libraladee
05-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Hello ... my loved one was transferred from avenal to chowchilla ... i haven't been able to visit yet but looking forward to my visit . In June ... I'm glad i have family that lives kind of . In the area so i don't have to worry about driving hasty much bc i would have about three to four hours one way also n traveling with young children isn't always fun lol ... hope you have a good day

MadameE
05-02-2013, 06:23 PM
My husband has multiple medical issues and has been in higher level facilities for 30 years, but was recently moved to VSP. It's taking a while for him to get used to, but it's a great place, as far as I can see. We were separated a couple of times, when he got upset and found himself new pen pals, but mostly, we have been together all this time. I'm praying that the state of California will show some mercy and let him go this year or next. He deserves to see a touch of freedom before his health gets too bad to enjoy it. I know there was a lot of controversy about converting VSP to a men's facility, but I personally am happy my husband is getting the medical care he needs.

swaytone
06-11-2013, 02:51 AM
My Son Is There At The Mens Facility VSP Chowchilla And They Found That He Now Has The Valley Fever And Found A 1cm Black Spot On His Lung That Was Never There Before He Went There. What More Than Giving Him A Pill Are You Planing To Do For His Health Now? Because I Read That The Medication Fluconazole You Have Been Giving Him Is Bad For People With Liver Issues Which He Already Has Hep C. He Went To Do His Violation Healthy And I Dont Really Think That He Should Be Able To Come Home Unhealthy With More Health Problems Do You?

swaytone
06-12-2013, 03:00 AM
No Responce Figures Shame On Valley State Prison

mrsbaldizan
06-16-2013, 06:33 PM
No Responce Figures Shame On Valley State Prison

was your son at another prison before being at VSP?

Karren Ann
06-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Call the prison 559-665-6100 and when prompted to dial your party, dial 6562.
As long as your son has signed the paperwork saying they can discuss his medical issues with you they will be able to talk to you. (Have him sign them if he hasn't yet done so).

They aren't the speediest in getting back to you, but leave as detailed message as you can, give CDCR number, his name, birthdate and all the information you can about the health issues and medications that he is taking.

I hope this helps.

My Son Is There At The Mens Facility VSP Chowchilla And They Found That He Now Has The Valley Fever And Found A 1cm Black Spot On His Lung That Was Never There Before He Went There. What More Than Giving Him A Pill Are You Planing To Do For His Health Now? Because I Read That The Medication Fluconazole You Have Been Giving Him Is Bad For People With Liver Issues Which He Already Has Hep C. He Went To Do His Violation Healthy And I Dont Really Think That He Should Be Able To Come Home Unhealthy With More Health Problems Do You?

swayington
06-30-2013, 05:22 AM
Yes My Son Was At Avenal In 2011 That Was The Only Times He Was In Prison

swayington
06-30-2013, 05:25 AM
Welcome Guests

We would like to extend our most heart felt welcome to all of our guests that are viewing our Valley State Prison (VSP)forum, and of course all of PTO. We are here to lend you our support and share our knowledge with you. PTO comes to you without obligation and our only request of you is that you share your knowledge with us whenever possible. Once you register here at PTO please feel free to PM myself or any of our team at anytime. We are all at the ready to help you in any way we can. We will all be waiting for your first post.

Sincerely,
CA Staff
Hey I Would Like A Response From You About The Seriousness Of The Valley Fever Outbreak

mrsbaldizan
07-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Yes My Son Was At Avenal In 2011 That Was The Only Times He Was In Prison

Avenal and Pleasant Valley are the worse prisons to be at when it comes to the Valley Fever outbreak. It sounds to me like your son caught Valley Fever in Avenal :( I know that it was on the news the other day that they are finally moving inmates out of those prisons, and I do hope they eventually shut them down because of how bad it is there.

Karren Ann
07-09-2013, 01:18 PM
My friend that is at VSP has a lot of medical issues. Every time he goes to the doctor he is placated by being told that a request is being sent to the CMO - but then a week later when he checks on the status he is told there is nothing in his file saying the CMO was to be contacted.

He has issues with his eyes (been telling them for months he is going blind). He finally saw the eye doctor, they told him he had cataracts and was being referred for surgery. The referral never made it into his file and he has had to repeat the whole eye exam process over 3 times - finally seeing a doctor who told him that it is not just cataracts, it is Mascular Degeneration (meaning he is going blind). There is a surgey that "may" help but I don't imagine the CMO will approve that and just let him go blind.

He was taken off a seizure medication that was helping him and placed on what we believe is a placebo medication because all his old symptoms are starting to return and has suffered a couple of mild seizures.

Now they say they can't handle his medical needs and want to send him to R J Donovan (where 8 months ago they refused to take him there because they knew they could not meet his medical needs).

I have a letter about prison health care and ADA treatment of inmates on the general discussion page of the California prison PTO site if anybody would like to read it.

If you have similar stories of medical or ADA mistreatment, please contact me - I'm fighting to make things better for the inmates who have nobody to advocate for them.

Karren

firkttn
01-23-2014, 01:23 PM
Hi Barbara how are you? I have a question:
Do we have to make appointments to visit at Valley State Prison? A lady is flying out from Texas to visit her man on feb 14 or 15 or 16 2014 and we are considering hooking up for a rideshare. I want to be prepared thanks Karen

Welcome Guests

Sincerely,
CA Staff

ms.garcia.
01-24-2014, 10:13 AM
firkttn, You are not required to have an appointment to visit at vsp. Its highly recommended that you make one though. If you walk in you'll have to grab a pink number and wait until all appointments are processed before you will be called. Sometimes they call numbers if appointments are a no show but its never guaranteed.

soulmate4ev
01-31-2014, 02:31 AM
firkttn, You are not required to have an appointment to visit at vsp. Its highly recommended that you make one though. If you walk in you'll have to grab a pink number and wait until all appointments are processed before you will be called. Sometimes they call numbers if appointments are a no show but its never guaranteed.

Is this a male prison? And is this a SNY or GP facility? Family visits as well? What level?

thanks

debry1
01-31-2014, 06:31 PM
Yes, they make appointments for the week-ends. You can visit with out an appointment but have to wait until after they call all the appointments. If you don't have an appointment you want to get there by 8:00 so that you can get a low number to get in. I am looking for ride-share from the Sacramento area. Anyone coming from there? Willing to drive. Good luck and have a great visit.
Blessings,
Debbie

Donna May
03-26-2014, 07:49 PM
I just found out my husband is being sent to vsp from dvi in the next week or so. Since I cannot visit ( I'm a co-defendant on his case) what is the phone situation like and how long is their orientation?

2muchmisery4me
03-27-2014, 12:04 AM
My son has been at VSP two and a half weeks . He got there on a Friday night and was able to call us for15 min on Saturday morning. He is in an 8 man "dorm" and says you have to sign up to use the phone . Cost me about 3 dollars per call. He has not seen his counselor yet but still can call , i just got approved after only 2 and 1/2 weeks for a visit and I even sent a 1/4 pkg the first week he was there and he got that already.Seems pretty good so far.

PS. My son was at Wasco and was told he was going to Avenal and then we got the phone call he had ended up at VSP so you never know for sure until they get there.

MTGLTG
03-27-2014, 09:02 AM
No orientation... he will be able to call pretty fast. My man landed and called within a week but there was also a lock down the day he landed over a baton or some crap. My man doesn't have a job and only supposed to call once a month, but he usually calls at least once a week. Not sure how he pulls that off, but glad he does.

Donna May
03-27-2014, 03:44 PM
He just called, got there an hour ago. He's tripping that there's carpet there, and there was a softball game in the yard with an outside team.

MTGLTG
03-27-2014, 06:15 PM
Yeah, it's different there for sure. Photos on the yard, microwaves, and all sorts of good stuff.

Amoré Amoré
04-06-2014, 05:44 AM
My man just transfered to VSP from CHINO...what do I need to know and prepare myself for?

2muchmisery4me
04-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Not to much many people posting on this. Site as far as I can tell. As I said on your other post my son has only been there a month now but seems to think it pretty good. Letters take about 7 to 10 days to get there and about 3 for him to send to me. They have to sign up to use the phone and if they are busy and miss there time some times can't sign up again till the next day so that can be a little bit of a pain. My 1/4 package got to him within about a week and he already got to go to the store so they don't hold that up just cause they are new there. Everyone was nice when I went to visit. I have read and my son told me that this prison is pretty low key being that everyone is SNY and since its one of the better ones most people don't want to cause problems or they will transfer them. My son says he gets yard m-f and they play baseball ,basketball and horseshoes. He also jogs and works out and is just happy to be out on the yard. They also do fund raisers and he just ordered a whole pizza from Costco. ? Just seems kinda funny but if it keeps everyone happy I'm all for it. I was surprised when I went for my visit that everyone was able to hold hands and even saw some people kinda snuggling which I thought was not allowed but they didn't appear too uptight about it , people walking around arm in arm. Hope you get approved soon , good luck.