View Full Version : Inmate Property Questions

Cheetoes1
06-19-2008, 08:31 PM
My Husband is @ MJC and is now SP3 after only 6 days. He still has been unable to have visits, so I cannot pick-up the Blue Property sheet and by the looks of things, I never will. Is there any other way I can pick up my Husband's property? Will they just send his property home?

Also, are the Inmate's allowed to wear their wedding rings in County? This is the only part of his property that I really care about! The rest is replaceable!

Thanks in advance for any information!!

KellyA.

Juansgirl
06-19-2008, 08:38 PM
i know that they can wear there wedding rings for a fact, cause my hubby kept his.. why isn't he able to get visits?

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
06-19-2008, 08:42 PM
You can pickup the blue property slip at the visiting desk anytime they are open regardless if your husband has visits or not. Just go to the visiting window and tell them you need to pickup a property release. They will ask you for your husbands name and your ID. Good luck sweetie!! = )

braceface07
06-19-2008, 10:18 PM
cheetos just like alwayshere said, you can pick up the slip at the visiting desk or while he is in IRC before going to state, they also give them other forms, but he will have to mail it to you.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
06-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Yup! If he is transferred before you can pickup his property he can send a release from reception and that will allow 30 days to obtain his property. Good luck babe! = )

Sylvia
06-20-2008, 01:53 PM
If he mails you the form be sure to keep the envelope it was mailed in, that is what I needed when I claimed my son's property.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
06-20-2008, 03:25 PM
If he mails you the form be sure to keep the envelope it was mailed in, that is what I needed when I claimed my son's property.

Wow!! That's weird..they only asked me for the letter and my ID. Guess it depends on who you get huh!! :p

braceface07
06-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Oh yes that is correct...i forgot that part of it. ON the property release form I believe it tells you to bring the envelope it came in. but bottom line bring the envelope.

Cheetoes1
06-20-2008, 07:37 PM
If I ever get any mail!! :( It's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard a thing. How long does the mail take to be sent out from MCJ?

Thanks for all the information!! :D

KellyA

LuvandLaughsCA
06-20-2008, 08:16 PM
County jail mail is slow from what I remember...it's like reception mail. :(

braceface07
06-20-2008, 09:24 PM
I never experienced mail being sent to me from MCJ or Twin tower or wayside to ever be slow. I got letters they next day when they get sent out. cheetos does he have supplies, i know you have to put money on his books so he can buy the stationary.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
06-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Same here mail coming out of Twin Towers took at least a week to get to me and for him to receive mine at least 2 weeks.

Cheetoes1
06-22-2008, 10:10 PM
I finally was able to speak to my Husband ( He snuck on a phone :D ) and he did send out the Property Form. Hopefully I will receive it before the 30 day limit. The jail has been screwing with his mail :angry:. he's written 8 letters and I have written 15 and neither one of us has received mail. he's already @ SP4 and I am going to pissed to say the least if all my mail is returned!!!

KellyA