View Full Version : Anyone Know What Happens When they show absconded on the DOC website....

DestinysChild
06-17-2008, 09:41 AM
I was looking at the AZDOC website for my ex.'s status, I hadn't checked on him for some time, I knew he was due to be released this Spring.. I found out that he was released in April (I'm very glad he hasn't tried to contact me, I don't need him or his problems in my life).
I noticed on the AZDOC web site that he absconded/escaped??? I guess that means he skipped out on parole?

Anyone know what happens to him when they catch him? I've moved since he went in last year, so he doesn't know where I live, but he does know where I work. I don't think he'll try to cause me any problems...he just wants to try & break up me & my honey (he doesn't have a snowballs chance in H*ll !

His original sentence was 2 years, he did just under a year, had parole for about 3 months (supposed to be until August '08)....now he's absconded??? What a fool? What usually happens in that case? Will he just go back & max out his time, doing the other year? Or do they get more time added on? It says TIS ABSCONDER...then some numbers under the warrants. Does that mean he may have picked up new charges because it's a warrant? What happens when his parole date gets here in August will they just drop the whole thing or is he still in trouble ? Could this mean he's on the run? Is there a way to tell if he picked up some new charges? Dang that man is far too old for that stuff he's almost 50 years old now.

I hope he doesn't come around me.....I'll put order of protection on him...but I got to find out all the information I can about his whereabouts...

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

dannysbabyblue
06-17-2008, 09:52 AM
I knew of a guy a year or two ago that absconded, When he was caught and went back in, did the rest of his time, and was released ...

DestinysChild
06-17-2008, 09:58 AM
So does absconded mean you're on the run from parole? Don't you catch escape charges as well? I heard that was 5 years or something?

Why the h*ll would someone abscond when they only have a couple months to go??

Dale'sforever
06-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Hi Destinys, yep, the absconded means he's basically 'on the run'. It's possible he's back in custody too, and they just show him absconded but haven't updated the DOC website. Some guys just go back so they can 'kill' their number and be done. Don't know if that's his reason, but I agree seems crazy to get in trouble when your sentence is almost expired! He'll most likely just finish his sentence and be done...unless he commited a new crime.

ASU84
07-04-2008, 09:24 AM
FYI If he is found while doing an illegal activity, they will tack on every single charge they can, plus the parole violation. And typically, while he is in jail, they will have pre-trial looking for every other charge he was a suspect in just to tack that on too...

From work experience, if you piss off parole, they'll get you for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING after you abscond.

DestinysChild
07-05-2008, 02:29 AM
I hope he gets caught doing drugs because that's what he does....so they can put him away again for awhile. I don't think he got what he deserved the first time around...he deserves more, I can feel it in my bones I know he's back out there doing the same ole' same ole'.

I've even seen his car over at his sisters, I'm sure thats where he's staying at...ooooohhh if I just had the nerve to call parole on him...but I'm not a snitch......:blah: Sometimes wish I was though.

NtShadow
07-05-2008, 06:13 AM
I hope he gets caught doing drugs because that's what he does....so they can put him away again for awhile. I don't think he got what he deserved the first time around...he deserves more, I can feel it in my bones I know he's back out there doing the same ole' same ole'.

I've even seen his car over at his sisters, I'm sure thats where he's staying at...ooooohhh if I just had the nerve to call parole on him...but I'm not a snitch......:blah: Sometimes wish I was though.

He'll get caught without you having to snitch on him. If he's anything like my son-in-law, it's just a matter of time. My son-in-law keeps going back also for drugs. He gets released next month.....again! They gave him an extra 90 days and called it "escape" because it took the cops too long to find him. :)

DestinysChild
07-05-2008, 08:38 AM
He'll get caught without you having to snitch on him. If he's anything like my son-in-law, it's just a matter of time. My son-in-law keeps going back also for drugs. He gets released next month.....again! They gave him an extra 90 days and called it "escape" because it took the cops too long to find him. :)

You're so right ntshadow1....if they give him enough rope he'll hang himself..looks like they gave him plenty of rope....I'm just sitting back watching (from distance) him dig him a hole deeper than deep.....there's no need more me to say a word about him....God is in control. As angry as I am at my ex., I am totally assured that God is taking care of business...:)