View Full Version : Looking for Forms-Motion for Time Served

confusedwife08
06-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Does anyone know where I can obtain a Motion for Time Served form for a citation as well as for a probation revocation? I want to send these forms in the mail but was having a hard time locating any.

I appreciate any help!!!

Mahatma
06-16-2008, 07:26 AM
I think you can get all that at the clerks office. You can also look up exact dates etc.

confusedwife08
06-16-2008, 09:33 AM
I think you can get all that at the clerks office. You can also look up exact dates etc.

Thank you so much for this suggestion!!!!!! I was told that the forms are the same for the entire state so I was trying to do a google search to try and get a copy of them. My loved one obtained a copy of the form in the Law Library at the unit he is on but would have to hand write all the information himself and he has several to do for traffic tickets and know that would take a ton of time. I also wanted to send them to him so he could sign and send from the unit as well as send me signed copies in case something was "lost" in the mix - I would have a copy to file with the clerks office also just in case. I know I am very un-trusting but feel it is better to be safe than sorry.

Anyways, I wanted everyone to know that I have contacted the law library in the county clerks office and the forms are state wide meaning the state all uses the same forms for this process. Well she is going to be emailing them to me so I will have a copy. If anyone needs one hit me up.

I hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed weekend and is having a wonderful start to their week.

Kay
06-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks for sharing that with us. You are not untrusting --- you are wise to make a copy of everything "just in case".

confusedwife08
06-19-2008, 07:12 PM
I am not really sure how to add attachments so I hope I did this correctly

grandma 77
06-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Confused wife:

Thank you for your help. Was able to print up the form time served. Really do appreciate.

Great job.

grandma 77

Mrs. Low
06-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Disregard the PM. Thanks for the form!!!!

MommaLisa72
06-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Does anyone know where I can obtain a Motion for Time Served form for a citation as well as for a probation revocation? I want to send these forms in the mail but was having a hard time locating any.

I appreciate any help!!!

Could you please send those forms to me, my son is in the county along with a dear friends boyfriend. I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you for your help.

MommaLisa72:confused:

MommaLisa72
06-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Disregard the PM. Thanks for the form!!!!

Do you still have the forms for time served? If so can you please email them to me? Thank you and may God Bless

MommaLisa72:hmm:

RobinsMan
06-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Could you please send those forms to me, my son is in the county along with a dear friends boyfriend. I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you for your help.

MommaLisa72:confused:

Confusedwife08 hasn't logged onto PTO in almost three years so she may not see your request.

RobinsMan
06-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Do you still have the forms for time served? If so can you please email them to me? Thank you and may God Bless

MommaLisa72:hmm:

Mrs. Low hasn't posted in well over two years so she also may not see your request.

Ya'll could try sending a PM. If they have e-mail set up to notify them that is still valid them maybe that would work.

Renee
06-14-2012, 05:54 PM
If you can't open it, here is the attachment that confusedwife08 left. Good luck!

10˘

STATE OF TEXAS ) IN THE MUNICIPAL COURT
VS. ) CITY OF ____________________ _____________________________ ) _____________ COUNTY, TEXAS

DEFENDANT’S WAIVER OF TRIAL BY JURY

PLEA OF GUILTY/NO CONTEST

REQUEST FOR TIME SERVED

Now comes the defendant herein or by and through his attorney and states that he understands the nature of the charge against him, the penalty range for his offense charged against him and waives arraignment and reading of the complaint, and represents to the Court that he desires to make an immediate disposition of this case by here and now entering his plea of (GUILTY) (NO CONTEST) herein, waiving trial by jury, waiving confrontation of witnesses and his right to present witnesses in his behalf and submitting the case to the Court on all issues of LAW and FACT, and request that the Court grant me time served in the above-styled and numbered cause of action.

I was incarcerated on __________ day of __________________, 200__, and will be released on the _____ day of _________________, 200__, at ___________________.

WHEREFORE, premises considered, defendant prays the Court to proceed immediately on the filing thereof, to accept his plea and waivers, to enter judgment and sentence herein in manner provided by law.

CAUSE NO._______________________ CHARGE___________________________

Came on to be heard the above-styled and numbered cause of action. Defendant filing motion herein, which on the _________ day of ______________________, 200___, is hereby ________________________(GRANTED/DENIED).

RobinsMan
06-15-2012, 07:24 AM
Thanks for paying attnetion, Renee. I completely missed the attachment.

I'd also like to add that using a form is probably not necessary for traffic citations. Last time Robin was in she had a number outstanding in three different municipalities. I called each one and was told each time that all they needed from her was a letter identifying herself by name and birthdate stating that she was an inmate and at what unit and that she wasnted to plead guilty to any charges asking for jail time to run concurrent. She had no form and wrote exactly that in a letter and all three municipalities disposed of the cases.

It sounds like an easy out, and it is, but it also racks up points that could cost more money and cause other problems so simply pleaing guilty may not always be the best thing to do.

CenTexLyn
06-16-2012, 09:49 AM
It sounds like an easy out, and it is, but it also racks up points that could cost more money and cause other problems so simply pleaing guilty may not always be the best thing to do.

this ^^^

collateral consequences on Texas moving violations have changed in the past decade with the Driver Responsibility Program. Now there are surcharges on certain offenses as well as the points that, once they hit a certain level, can also impact driving privileges.

And, while there are provisions on the surcharges for indigency, that requires yet another form to be completed after which you cross your fingers and hope that it is granted. I've got one person I am working with that is in precisely that sort of a situation- there are surcharges for no-insurance tickets that they elected to dispose of by time-served, but a conviction is still a conviction. Hence, each one carried the surcharge of close to $250.00 (on top of the offense-related DL reinstatement fee that will be required with the mandatory suspension expired at the end of six months).

While seeking a time-served disposition can make sense, one must absolutely be aware of what else comes along with that disposition...

sthuffman
07-24-2013, 04:47 PM
My boyfriend had previously made a payment plan with the court for a traffic ticket but has failed to pay due to incarceration. Can someone please help me with the form?? I have searched all day :hmm:

Kimbo
07-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Thank you so much for this suggestion!!!!!! I was told that the forms are the same for the entire state so I was trying to do a google search to try and get a copy of them. My loved one obtained a copy of the form in the Law Library at the unit he is on but would have to hand write all the information himself and he has several to do for traffic tickets and know that would take a ton of time. I also wanted to send them to him so he could sign and send from the unit as well as send me signed copies in case something was "lost" in the mix - I would have a copy to file with the clerks office also just in case. I know I am very un-trusting but feel it is better to be safe than sorry.

Anyways, I wanted everyone to know that I have contacted the law library in the county clerks office and the forms are state wide meaning the state all uses the same forms for this process. Well she is going to be emailing them to me so I will have a copy. If anyone needs one hit me up.

I hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed weekend and is having a wonderful start to their week.

When dealing with the legal system or the government in general it's always best to dot every i, cross every t, make numerous copies, mail certified if possible and anything else you can do to cover ones ass.

RobinsMan
07-25-2013, 08:31 AM
My boyfriend had previously made a payment plan with the court for a traffic ticket but has failed to pay due to incarceration. Can someone please help me with the form?? I have searched all day :hmm:

Have you called to talk to the municipal court? It may very well be that they require no form. I posted above that three out of three municipalities I contacted about tickets my wife had outstanding when she was in prison required nothing but a letter from her with her basic information (name and date of birth) along with a statement that she would like to plead guilty to all outstanding charges and request jail time as punishment. That's exactly what she did and it was plenty good enough. So, I suggest that you call the courts involved to find out what they require and don't get hung on just yet on finding a form you may not need.

By the way, she didn't need to come up with cause numbers because they figured that out for her and no need to request "time served" because a sentence of what might be a few days in jail in lieue of fine will certainly be set to run concurrent with any other sentence as so will expire just that quick while the prison sentence is still in effect.