View Full Version : Please Speak Up

whytrip
06-10-2008, 11:06 PM
I call to check my account balance with GTL, and it said that I had a credit balance of $65.00 and some change. It puzzled me, because I don't over pay my acct no more than $20.00. They assured me that it was correct. Everyday I kept trying to figure out how this could be, because I know what I use. I read a post today that said GTL lost their money, so I called them back concerning the credit balance on my acct. Behold... they had credited someone $76.00 and some change to my account and I immediatly told them to research it and credit to that person acct... who Im sure is angry:angry:. The representitive was shocked that someone has integrity. I told her I didn't want that person to be unable to hear from their love one, or be told "there is nothing we can do", or flag my acct as fraud. So if you are the one whose money was credited to my acct, rest assure I will not stop checking on it until it properly on your acct:thumbsup:. How could this happen? They give us a hardtime and we are in this together. So please, if this sort of thing happens to you...it's not a blessing to recieve free calls at someone elses expense. You will eventually pay a higher price than what was accidently credited to your acct. I think if more people knew that money was accidently place on their acct and reported it, then alot of phone calls wouldn't be blocked preventing us from hearing from our family, friends, husbands, or whoever. God Bless You :).

Shush
06-11-2008, 12:49 AM
thanks for posting; it is always good to know about things they happen that way.....

TiffanyFL
06-11-2008, 07:51 PM
There wasnt a mistake on your account... CADC is offering a retroactive credit to people who are recieving calls from a correctional facility from the period of September 1,2007- May 5,2008. CADC had an error in their system and was overcharging for their rates. If you have any furher questions about the credit you can send an email to CADOCSrefund@GTL.net or call 1-866-533-1706. There wasn't a mistake, I would think that you would be happy to recieve the credit... since you won't have to pay a bill until that credit is used up.

daisy may
06-11-2008, 07:59 PM
It's not an error, they are crediting back people for overcharging and you will also notice the price of your calls dropped.

I call to check my account balance with GTL, and it said that I had a credit balance of $65.00 and some change. It puzzled me, because I don't over pay my acct no more than $20.00. They assured me that it was correct. Everyday I kept trying to figure out how this could be, because I know what I use. I read a post today that said GTL lost their money, so I called them back concerning the credit balance on my acct. Behold... they had credited someone $76.00 and some change to my account and I immediatly told them to research it and credit to that person acct... who Im sure is angry:angry:. The representitive was shocked that someone has integrity. I told her I didn't want that person to be unable to hear from their love one, or be told "there is nothing we can do", or flag my acct as fraud. So if you are the one whose money was credited to my acct, rest assure I will not stop checking on it until it properly on your acct:thumbsup:. How could this happen? They give us a hardtime and we are in this together. So please, if this sort of thing happens to you...it's not a blessing to recieve free calls at someone elses expense. You will eventually pay a higher price than what was accidently credited to your acct. I think if more people knew that money was accidently place on their acct and reported it, then alot of phone calls wouldn't be blocked preventing us from hearing from our family, friends, husbands, or whoever. God Bless You :).

whytrip
06-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Thank you Tiffany. I have called GTL for 2weeks and they advised me of the payment, but said it was a western union payment, or money order sent in on my acct. They NEVER told me about a credit, or I wouldn't have mentioned it on here. I've called several times in just the last two days and they never said anything about a credit. Yes...I would be happy to recieve a credit, but not at no one elses expense. Trust me I'm not holier than thou, but when I read post stating, "GTL lost their money". It breaks my heart. I'm glad to know it's a possible credit and not someone elses hard earned money, and this is just MY views. I will inform once I contact them with the info I recieved about the credit.

whytrip
06-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Tiffany and Daisy MAy was right. Before I could call them back...the lady who I spoke to for the only God knows how many times promised me she would send the request to her supervisior and 3-5 days they would post it back to the individuals acct. Do U believe she called me back to explain the credit to me and said it was my money. I feel better knowing that then it being someone elses as they told me for the past 2weeks. Pto has been my strenth during some very hardtimes and I read all the unfortunate things people with loved ones incarcerated go through and I in no means wanted to take advantage of that. So please excuse my preaching on the thread,it came from a good place...my heart. Thanks again Tiffanny and Daisy. God Bless.