View Full Version : Pls Help- had contraband in purse- visits suspended

mcclain1
06-10-2008, 04:20 PM
I NEED HELP. I WENT TO SEE MY BOYFRIEND AT MORGAN COUNTY WHEN I GOT THERE THEY WERE DOING VEHICLE SEARCH, WILL I HAD SOME WEED IN THE SIDE OF MY PURSE THAT I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT AND THEY FOUND IT AND I WENT TO JAIL WILL MY VISITATION GOT SUSPENDED. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I'LL BE ABLE TO SEE MY BOYFRIEND EVERY AGAIN I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO IT WAS A STUPID MISTAKE.:mad:

tia~n~bert
06-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Ouch! Well that is a tricky question. What did they charge you with? In Fl. they could indefinately suspend visitation. If they classify it as introduction of contraband into a state facility visitation could be permanently revoked. If they classify it as something else you may be able to squeak by and get visitations back. Sorry this happened to you hun =(

michellecasey
06-10-2008, 08:29 PM
If they send you a letter about your visits, it should also have a part talking about fighting it. Mine got suspended, not for that, and i wrote and wrote till i finally got it down to 3 months. I just think they got tired of hearing from me.

robertegarrett
06-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Whenever you enter the grounds of any correctional facility or prison, you consent to search. I would be much more concerned about criminal charges against you than suspension of visitation. If you brought illegal drugs into the grounds of a facility, I think your chances for future visitation are dead.

lilithinwaiting
06-10-2008, 10:07 PM
I am sure it will be awhile before visits are restored, if at all. Did you get charged bringing contraband into a prison? Good luck to you!

cat805
06-10-2008, 10:15 PM
mcclain1......I have to agree with robertgarret....but of course it will depend on what they charge you with....what a awful way to learn a big lesson....prison and drugs and visiting... :shake::shake:

thugwife
06-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Good lord, that is promoting contraband. Here in KY that is a felony, dont matter if you forgot or not. Yeah, when you were released from jail, what did the ticket say? Was it possession or promoting contraband. I clean my car out, completely. I dont even do drugs, but I do take prescription meds and I dont even bring them on the property. I have seen people get locked up for having a butter knife in their car. I locked my keys in my car in April and I was scared that my slim-jim would be considered as a weapon.

Luckily, it wasnt. You would think a darn CO would know how to use a slim-jim??? As Robertegarrett said, I would be more worried about the possible charges against you. Trust me, it aint over, as far as you go. What were your conditions of release?

J'z Wife
06-16-2008, 10:22 AM
If they send you a letter about your visits, it should also have a part talking about fighting it. Mine got suspended, not for that, and i wrote and wrote till i finally got it down to 3 months. I just think they got tired of hearing from me.

My visits were just recently suspended for 6 months for excessive contact in the visiting area, i have written letters to Internal Affairs & the Governs office, and talked to the warden of my husbands prison, and all i get is that they are investigating the situation, can you tell what you received or how long does it take to get a response?

robs_angel
06-16-2008, 04:18 PM
sorry youre going through this best wishes..

mrschris
06-22-2008, 04:42 PM
dang, i'm sorry that happened to you. i don't think you'll be allowed to visit though since you were convicted of a drug crime.

if you got charged with bringing drugs into the prison, i would fight that one because you never brought them into the prison. on state property yes, into the prison, no.

laurajanetmarti
07-09-2008, 09:09 AM
whats the difference if instead of finding actual contraband in your belongings they find drug paraphanalia? they don't charge you with any misda. or a felony, but you do get your visits suspended, the thing is that when they find this its not in your possesion at that moment.

chocolatema
07-13-2008, 04:51 PM
OUch I really dont even know what to say to this. I went to jail behind the same thing (not on prison property tho) and i recieved 3 years probation. For the entire time of my probation I wasnt allowed to visit but once I got off which was just last year I resubmitted a visting form with the accurate information and now Im allowed to visit again. Like some one else said I would be more worried about what kinda charges I was looking at then if I could visit or not.

lynnetta
07-13-2008, 04:53 PM
IM NOT SURE LEAVE IT UP TO THE LORD