View Full Version : Help Please !!!Retired TDJC after relationship with inmate and want to visit

BJane
06-10-2008, 12:03 PM
I was forced to retire from TDCJ in Nov.2007 after 18 years of service due to having a relationship with an offender. It was strictly just corresponding through letters. He was demoted in class and status and shipped across the state to another unit. In April he requested to put me on the visitation list and made a full disclosure of me being retired from TDCJ. Since then he has sent several inquiries to the Warden and the Warden will not respond at all. Just nothing.....no response at all. Is there a time limit or something? I have read in places on this website that it is 2 years. Will someone please help me. Is there someone I can email or call to ask about it. Anyone with any experience with this same issue will you please reply. I appreciate any help you may give me. Thanks and God bless. BJane

PattiD1157
06-10-2008, 12:08 PM
BJane, have you checked the Texas forum to see if there are any similar situations? I am not at all familiar with how TX does things when it comes to ex employees and visiting. Good Luck in finding the answers that you so much need!!!!

makayla22
06-11-2008, 06:40 AM
I think its probley gonna be kinda hard for you to be able to see him, only bc you do have that strike on your record. I also quit bc I feel in love, and applied for visitation and it was denied. I'm not sure about Texas but in fl you have to wait at least a year. Good luck though, his classification officer did tell me that its not completly hopeless, so maybe one day...

Unbroken
06-11-2008, 12:54 PM
I'd suggest taking it back to the proper protocol channels....send the request for visitor approval back to inmate records on the unit...if it's denied then you'll have documentation and can go forward. I know there's a 2 year waiting period for an inmate to go visit someone at a unit where he was previously assigned, but not sure about the guards. I now visit someone on the unit where I was assigned, however my mother has been denied visitation of this same person (she is also an ex employee retired who had no relationship with the friend, never even wrote him until I came home) she is now in the process of getting the decision reviewed because they automatically assumed there was some kind of relationship involved...which of course isnt true. It's not a hopeless case, but it may take some time to get through the appeal process.

Hope that helped

Peace, Dan

BabygirlNGary
06-11-2008, 01:29 PM
I dont know but I wish you luck! Maybe trying the met while incarcerated forum will help if you havent already!