View Full Version : Thanksgiving in prison

roc city girl
11-19-2003, 05:19 PM
Hello all! I wanted to get some feedback from you guys. I try to make the holidays a little better for tito considering the circumstances. This Thanksgiving, I am taking him a ham ( in the can) pineapples and pineapple juice so that he can make along with some rice and beans. I am also going to take him some cans veggies and a pie.

Is there anything special you will be doing for your loved one this Thanksgiving??

Maria

lulu
11-19-2003, 05:20 PM
you know, i ought to feel bad, cause i dont normally send thansgiving cards. I do send them alittle note telling them happy thanksgiving though.

yanigirl
11-19-2003, 07:04 PM
I was thinking the same thing too. I want to send my son's father something good so he can have some enjoyment on that holiday. I think maybe I will send him a card and some treats. It would be nice to send a pie but it will probably be destroyed by the time it gets there. I know he likes drake cakes and blue cool aid but what can i send for the dinner part of his meal?

Jenuwine
11-19-2003, 07:12 PM
Since I'm so far away from my husband, just being able to get up to see him makes the day special. In the past, he hasn't stayed out of trouble long enough to be able to accept packages. So in other words, no I have nothing special planned other than a visit. :)

caprione
11-19-2003, 08:28 PM
I am making an extra visit on the 23rd, friends driving me out. I'd go Thanksgiving day if I had a way!! Then I am creating a mail dulge with funny, romantic and 'thank you' cards. He will get them all just a day before the holiday and I am writing on them to open them Thanksgiving day. So he will have a lap full of cards!! It should help a little. I didn't know things like hams were allowed..hmmm.
Caprione

roc city girl
11-19-2003, 09:08 PM
OHH don't i know our loved ones prefer a visit over anything else. that makes my day too!! Yani, i was a little worried about the pie but since he is in a minium, and its all going in a small bag so "hopefully" it wont get get smushed.

Call me silly, but i have heard of drake cakes, but don't know what the heck it is.

Emilios heart
11-19-2003, 09:16 PM
I just sent my hubby a package, I sent a cooked chicken and a small turkey breast along with some ohter things...:) I hope to get up to visit him next month.

mamota35
11-19-2003, 09:20 PM
What do you mean by a cooked chicken? do you mean a rotisserie chicken?

rberlin
11-19-2003, 11:40 PM
how do you send him a pie? what pie is acceptable under the docs standards and rules for packageS?
just curious. i wanted to make a nice thanksgiving package for my fiance too....chicken, yams, all that stuff...pie would be good if ya let me know. thanks

roc city girl
11-20-2003, 09:28 AM
COOKED CHICKEN???? for real?? well shoot let me in on the secret!!
Rberlin, tito is now in a minium cf, and i dont know for certain if the pie will be excepted, but tito did tell me that where he is "ALMOST" everything goes. Even cereal :) its worth a try and worse come to worse i will bring it back home and me and the boys will eat it. LOL

ahearna
11-20-2003, 10:47 AM
I know that in mid-orange you can bring fully cooked items, so I am going to bring him oscar myer cooked bacon for breakfast , avacado, platano maduro, a perdue fully cooked chicken and what ever else he desires.

ahearna
11-20-2003, 10:49 AM
Oh thanks roc city girl I might try bringing him a pumkin pie too, maybe it will get in.

Oh by the way congradulations on your new title.

yanigirl
11-20-2003, 11:29 AM
wow i have to find out about that cooked chicken thing he would love that it just kills me that he will have to eat there food. I want him to atleast have the snacks he wants and a card from me and our baby. That will cheer him up i will probably let my other family that is close to him send cards too. I know it is hard for them on the holidays.

Emilios heart
11-20-2003, 01:14 PM
Sorry its taken me this long to respond. The chicken that I buy is all sealed and properly packaged and fully cooked. I also found some turkey meatballs packaged the same way fully cooked.

usopwilly
11-20-2003, 01:25 PM
Roc city girl.. drakes cakes are snack cakes like Hostess..Ding Dongs, Suzy Q's...

And the cooked chicken is good, I buy them, Tyson makes them pretty good.

lulu
11-20-2003, 01:51 PM
NY gets to have all kinds of things

grasshopper
11-20-2003, 03:20 PM
I wish I could send food to my fiance. :( I have to butt in just because of the drake cake thingy. I used to read Stephen King stuff back in the midwest and think he made those names up... who could believe somebody actually makes a ring ding or a dipsy doodle?
I hope all of your goodies get through. Your guys are lucky to haev such creative women making their day special for them. Kudos to you!

roc city girl
11-20-2003, 08:50 PM
We all try out best. Hey Patty I ( and i am sure others) would like to know where u got that chicken??? You think walmart has them???

Amira
11-20-2003, 10:30 PM
Maria, the supermarkets have them. Where I live, their kept in the section with the meat.

Emilios heart
11-20-2003, 11:07 PM
Maria,

Walmart should have them... I bought mine at Stop n Shop.
Good luck shopping!

roc city girl
11-21-2003, 07:41 PM
oh man i was just at walmart and forgot to check. darn it!!! I guess i can go in the morning before i head out. Thanks guys! :)

Emilios heart
11-21-2003, 11:12 PM
Your welcome!

roc city girl
11-22-2003, 03:30 PM
:( well i didn't get to buy the chicken and guess what???? the damn ham was returned to me!!! ARGGHHHHHHH it was over 1 lb and the pie was not hermitacally sealed ( however u say and spell that) Poor tito. at least i tried. i will make it up to him next year when he's home!!

ahearna
11-24-2003, 08:26 AM
Yea me too, the chicken got in but the pumpkin pie did not get in.

Sweet_Pea_F79
11-25-2003, 06:28 PM
Id like to take my man something nice for thanksgiving but I dont know what to take him, what are these chickens you guys are talking about? I get to go see him Thanksgiving day so that will be nice. Id appreciate any suggestions.

Emilios heart
11-25-2003, 07:21 PM
Sweet Pea

I buy them in the refrigerator section of the store... I forgot the brand name.... but it may have been tyson. make sure its all sealed up or else he can't have it. enjoy your visit.

Thumper
11-26-2003, 11:43 AM
Doesn't the chicken have to be refrigorated? How do you keep it from going bad?

Emilios heart
11-26-2003, 12:05 PM
I'm not sure how they keep it from going bad... I know in the summer he keeps it in his sink with cold water on it in the bag.