View Full Version : Correct address for Parole Board

sandtrob
06-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi Everyone! I got a copy of the sample letter for parol and it lists the address as:
Post Prison Transfer Board
c/o Institutional Parole Services
Arkansas Dept. Corrections
P.O. Box 8707
Pine Bluff, AR 71611

Is that a really old address? (The page looks like it has been used for eons)

The Parole website list the address as:
Arkansas Parole Board
Two Union National Plaza Bldg.
105 W. Capitol Avenue, Suite 500
Little Rock, AR 72201

I know this is probably a no-brainer... but I want to be sure everyone sends their support letters to the correct address!

ittybittykitty
06-09-2008, 08:30 PM
I was under the assumption that support letters were to be sent with the inmate's application not sent directly to the board.The IPO at the inmate's unit send these to the correct persons.The Parole Office is located at the Little Rock address you have listed.BUT I THINK....not sure..... their application goes to an office in Pine Bluff for screening then sent to the board, not sure where I am remembering this from. Does anyone else have some input to help us out here.I am good with being told I am wrong:)

Bat59
06-10-2008, 04:47 AM
I think that Itty Bitty is correct. Pine Bluff puts everything together and then sends it on to the 7 member parole board which has offices in downtown Little Rock. They have public meetings bi-monthly that are open to the public. Usually one or two of them will lag behind after the meetings and answer questions from families, etc.

sandtrob
06-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Thanks ittybitty and Bat. I think I read here where someone was sending constant letters to the parole board. Is this the same as the parole support letters that go in is packet? Everything I read says I should be gathering the letters of support with pictures and job offers for the IPO. Is this the information you know/have?

Bat59
06-10-2008, 06:17 PM
The letters of support, etc should go in his packet. It would probably not hurt for you though to write a parole board member or two. The packet will get to the parole board members for their review.

Good Luck!

Thanks ittybitty and Bat. I think I read here where someone was sending constant letters to the parole board. Is this the same as the parole support letters that go in is packet? Everything I read says I should be gathering the letters of support with pictures and job offers for the IPO. Is this the information you know/have?

caring1
06-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Hi all! Have a question. Do you have to be paroled back to the same place you were convicted or can you choose another city in the state or even another state, especially if you have family or friends? Thanks!