View Full Version : Vonage Coupon/ Info Nice discount

Mrs.760
06-09-2008, 07:07 PM
For those of you whom are wanting to sign up for Vonage and need any info let me know and I can give you the scoop. Hopefully this will minimize the amount new threads started. Right now there offering a discount of 2 months free as a trial and you dont have to sign any contracts. Just send me your e-mail address and I will shoot you the info.

Below is some info about vonage that will possibly answer most of your questions:

- You can sign up for Vonage anywhere! United States and Internationaly but you can only pay with your credit/debit card if its a US issued card.
- You are able to sign up with a phone number centrally located in whatever CITY/Zip Code you wish
- CA Ladies/Gents local calls from the prison to a local number provided by Vonage does make your calls WAY cheaper
- Vonage has an AWESOME service where you can log onto your account online anytime and forward your calls from the landline to ANY number! You can also choose how many rings you would like it to ring at home before it rings on the other number even instantly

All you need to get Vonage is a Network router, Vonage sends you a Caller ID box that you connect to the Router. You have to maintain Internet Connection at all times to the Network router.

sscared
06-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Just Called Them Yesterday...they Are Even Waving The Activation Fee Now:) Hope Once I Get The Box It Will Work:) I Am In Europe So We Will See...will Keep You Guys Informed

myliss
06-14-2008, 12:03 PM
so you have to have a router in order to use vonage??

sscared
06-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Yes...you Need A Dsl Or Cable Modem (ethernet Modem)...look On The Website You Will Find The Installation Instructions There...other Company Offering This Is Packet8...but You Also Need An Ethernet Modem...the Phone Adapter In Both Cases Actually Plugs Between You Computer And The Modem

myliss
06-14-2008, 12:15 PM
okay this is going to probably sound like a stupid question, but i am browsing the vonage website and the phone adapter with 1 port router is not all that we need, or is it? sorry i havent been able to have phone calls with bay in over a year and im trying to work somethin out here! thanks!

sscared
06-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Thats All You Need If You Have A High Speed Internet With An Ethernet Modem:) And A Normal Phone Which You Will Plug Into It Also And Talk Into:)

Mrs.760
06-16-2008, 12:03 AM
The only reason you would need the one with 1 or more ports is if you are getting more then one line or a fax line.

21months
06-16-2008, 07:08 AM
This may sound stupid, but what's ethernet? I have roadrunner, through cable. That's enough, right?

Amy Koch
06-16-2008, 10:42 AM
I also need to know something, does the inmate have to call collect? Vonage said they don't support collect calls.

21months
06-16-2008, 10:58 AM
yes they do have to call collect. you have to set up a prepaid account. correctional billing is cheap as far as i know. if you get a local number, it's really cheap. the number is 800-844-6591

Mrs.760
06-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Ethernet is the cord connecting your modem to your computer or router. U need a router to use vonage there cheap like 40 bucks at Circuit City.