View Full Version : Q&A Re: Calculating Jail Credits/Prison Time/Release Dates

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

patchouli
12-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Hi! I can't answer your question exactly...if he's state, there will be good time etc. If he's federal, it will be 85 % of his sentence. Period. I'm glad you've found us. Keep reading and posting, we're here for you. Welcome to PTO.

NtShadow
12-15-2009, 05:39 AM
Is he in state or federal custody?

trvlngrl
12-16-2009, 01:07 AM
The inmate will have received a "chrono" telling him what his EPRD is (earliest possible release date). Trvlngrl

missinmyboo88
12-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Hi so my boyfriend got moved to a different prison and the last time i talked to him he said that they were telling him in their he might get out sometime after new years but hes not sure. So i want to know if theirs any place i can call? Or look online, or anything to find out when he gets out for sure?!?! PLEASE HELP because it sucks not knowing the EXACT date when he gets out!

missinmyboo88
12-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi so my boyfriend got moved to a different prison and the last time i talked to him he said that they were telling him in their he might get out sometime after new years but hes not sure. So i want to know if theirs any place i can call? Or look online, or anything to find out when he gets out for sure?!?! PLEASE HELP because it sucks not knowing the EXACT date when he gets out!

spoiled210
12-24-2009, 12:56 PM
check the DOC website. I know in NY you can do inmate lookup and it will tell you their charge and how long they are serving and when all their release dates are. I hope it works for you and congrats.

DavidsGirl4Ever
12-24-2009, 01:11 PM
California does not have a DOC website and unfortunately there is no one you can call to find out because everything is still up in the air. Check this forum out because when something goes down, it will be posted here....

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=228

I'm sure what your husband is hearing about has to do with the 3 judge panel and their court order that CA must release 40,000 inmates over the next 2 years but CA is appealing it and the Supreme Court is suppose to be hearing it on Tuesday, but again, nothing is set in stone right now but there will be changes coming in January but we are all still waiting to see exactly what it is.

missinmyboo88
12-24-2009, 02:47 PM
ohhh ok i see.. ya it sucks with california, and how you cant really know the exact date! but thanks so much! ill look into the link!

poolside
12-26-2009, 02:45 PM
PM me his name and state of incarceration, I'll see what I can do.....

missingaugust27
12-26-2009, 03:05 PM
i was wondering the same thing. how do i find out for sure?

poolside
12-26-2009, 03:16 PM
i was wondering the same thing. how do i find out for sure?

You can never know for sure....just a projected release day. The rest is just luck or fate or God stepping in....

missingaugust27
12-26-2009, 03:29 PM
You can never know for sure....just a projected release day. The rest is just luck or fate or God stepping in....

ok thanks.:)

lady2much8
01-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Hello everyone now I have asked many of times, but I can't seem to get any answer, Ok my husband had gotten sentence with 2yrs with 1/2, but had 314 days as of the 9 th of Dec. But was transfer to Delano on the 30th of Dec. But I am tryin to figure out, how much time will he have to serve period.....

But also @ sentencing the Judge said 6 months, so really I am offically lost on how long he have.....

Can someone help me plz.........

ichliebedich
01-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Hello everyone now I have asked many of times, but I can't seem to get any answer, Ok my husband had gotten sentence with 2yrs with 1/2, but had 314 days as of the 9 th of Dec. But was transfer to Delano on the 30th of Dec. But I am tryin to figure out, how much time will he have to serve period.....

But also @ sentencing the Judge said 6 months, so really I am offically lost on how long he have.....

Can someone help me plz.........

2 years = 730 days

730 days - 314 days credit = 416 days remaining

(i'm assuming when you said he was transfered to Delano on Dec. 30th you mean he was transfered from county jail to reception in Delano so....)

416 days - 20 days (time waiting to go to reception/Delano) = 396 days remaining

396 days x 50% when arriving at reception/Delano = 198 days remaining

so 198 days from December 30th is about 6.5 months remaining to serve in state prison which puts his release date around June 16, 2010.

hope this helps ya :)

lady2much8
01-04-2010, 04:01 AM
2 years = 730 days

730 days - 314 days credit = 416 days remaining

(i'm assuming when you said he was transfered to Delano on Dec. 30th you mean he was transfered from county jail to reception in Delano so....)

416 days - 20 days (time waiting to go to reception/Delano) = 396 days remaining

396 days x 50% when arriving at reception/Delano = 198 days remaining

so 198 days from December 30th is about 6.5 months remaining to serve in state prison which puts his release date around June 16, 2010.

hope this helps ya :)

Now see this is still kinda confusing to me..... now his PD said he would be serving 6 months, but while he is still in the county time still count the same way.... so that would be 60 day in the county off his time..... so I got:

181-60(days served in county)=121

121*50%=60.5 ..........

missmadpuppy
01-04-2010, 04:17 PM
HELP! Ok my man was sentanced on August 28th 2009 or around there to 5 years in prison for a "violent" crime (even though no one was harmed) he also received his first strike. I have heard from multiple people that your first strike is automatic half time and that is what his pd told him as well. I went to look at his file and there is nothing on there that says half time. How do you figure that out? His counciler said that his early release date is Sept. 2013 btw. Also, he is one of the "lucky few" who were transfered to out of state from California. How do they calculate good time then? By out of state standards or by California standards? Thanks!

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
01-04-2010, 04:20 PM
HELP! Ok my man was sentanced on August 28th 2009 or around there to 5 years in prison for a "violent" crime (even though no one was harmed) he also received his first strike. I have heard from multiple people that your first strike is automatic half time and that is what his pd told him as well. I went to look at his file and there is nothing on there that says half time. How do you figure that out? His counciler said that his early release date is Sept. 2013 btw. Also, he is one of the "lucky few" who were transfered to out of state from California. How do they calculate good time then? By out of state standards or by California standards? Thanks!

From what I understand anytime a strike is involved it's automatically 85%. As far as I know even those transferred out of state are still under California rules. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Good luck sweetie! :)

Cubana
01-04-2010, 06:01 PM
From what I understand anytime a strike is involved it's automatically 85%. As far as I know even those transferred out of state are still under California rules. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Good luck sweetie! :)

Im not too familiar with how strikes works as this is the first time my husband got a strike. But he is only doing 50%.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
01-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Im not too familiar with how strikes works as this is the first time my husband got a strike. But he is only doing 50%.

Good to know...thanks!! My husband is on his second and we were told that when there is a strike involved you have to serve 85%...both times he has received 85%. ;)

ichliebedich
01-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Now see this is still kinda confusing to me..... now his PD said he would be serving 6 months, but while he is still in the county time still count the same way.... so that would be 60 day in the county off his time..... so I got:

181-60(days served in county)=121

121*50%=60.5 ..........

Sorry, I'm confused...where did you get the number 181?

Let me try to explain more.... The way they calculate time (as I understand it) is they take the time the person is sentenced to (in your case 2 years or 730 days), then subtract the credits they are given at the time of sentencing (you said he got 314, so 730 - 314 = 416). Then they get day-to-day credits while waiting in county jail to be transfered to state prison reception (this I think might be changing in a few weeks with new bills taking effect), so you said he waited from Dec 9th until Dec 30th to get transfered, which is 20 days. So 416-20 = 396 days remaining when he gets to reception. Once they get to reception is when the 50% time begins. So 1/2 of 396 days is 198 days left as of Dec 30th when he got to reception. That's about 6.5 months (like the PD said) which makes his release date around 6/16/10.

ichliebedich
01-04-2010, 08:13 PM

They way they determine the percentage of time the person has to serve is based on whether the crime is violent or not and whether the person has any prior strikes. (They can also serve less time by going to fire camp but there are specifications to be allowed to go there.)

Basics are...

A non-violent crime for someone with no strikes = must serve 50%
A non-violent crime for someone with a prior strike = must serve 80%
A violent crime regardless of the prior strikes = must serve 85%

To determine if a crime is violent or not check out this document: http://www.alexandrialawlibrary.com/SVF-9%20-%20Revised-Final.doc (anything in blue is 85%)

lady2much8
01-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Sorry, I'm confused...where did you get the number 181?

Let me try to explain more.... The way they calculate time (as I understand it) is they take the time the person is sentenced to (in your case 2 years or 730 days), then subtract the credits they are given at the time of sentencing (you said he got 314, so 730 - 314 = 416). Then they get day-to-day credits while waiting in county jail to be transfered to state prison reception (this I think might be changing in a few weeks with new bills taking effect), so you said he waited from Dec 9th until Dec 30th to get transfered, which is 20 days. So 416-20 = 396 days remaining when he gets to reception. Once they get to reception is when the 50% time begins. So 1/2 of 396 days is 198 days left as of Dec 30th when he got to reception. That's about 6.5 months (like the PD said) which makes his release date around 6/16/10.

Ok his PD said he was sentence to 2yrs w/ half but the judge said 6 months, now his PD said his time started while in the county.... he was in NCCF after sentencing, but was transfered to IRC b4 transfered to Delano, but his PD said he sstill get 3 for 1 in NCCF until transfered to IRC.......

So I got the 181 from the Judge 6 month that she gave...... after she had done the credit check......

AnnCA
01-16-2010, 09:08 PM
In California the CDC can not tell anyone what an inmate's release date is due to privacy reason, however your man knows, everyone knows. Unless he has some serious problems with time credits or alot of write-ups he knows his date.

VanessaLovesDan
01-26-2010, 06:22 PM
If anyone can help me understand whats going on with my fiance that would be greatly appreciated.He was arrested on Dec.05,2010,his case was a DA reject.But he was on Parole,So was violated.He was sentenced to 6 months with half.On Jan.10,2010 he was picked up to go to prison to complete his time there. When is he getting out???? All I want is something anything it doesnt have to be exact but something to look forward to.They dont even tell him anything.And when can they begin to use the phone.All I can get is letters and he hasnt received any of mine. I know his time will be over in no time compared to others but I just want to know something????

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
01-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Well first of all if he was sentenced to 6 months with half it is pretty safe to say he will be serving about 3 months. He can't use the phone while he is in reception and really if he only has a few months he might not ever be mainlined. I'm sure you are worried and scared sweetie but unfortunately no one knows for sure plus he will be home soon from the information you posted. Patience is key....just keep writing. Good luck and take care! =)

VanessaLovesDan
01-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Well first of all if he was sentenced to 6 months with half it is pretty safe to say he will be serving about 3 months. He can't use the phone while he is in reception and really if he only has a few months he might not ever be mainlined. I'm sure you are worried and scared sweetie but unfortunately no one knows for sure plus he will be home soon from the information you posted. Patience is key....just keep writing. Good luck and take care! =)

Thank you so much for taking the time and replying.I just thought I would try and get somekind of info.Do you know if the time he spent in county (1month) is still counted towards that 3months? Even if it wasnt time spent in state?

D4C
01-27-2010, 12:07 AM
send him a postcard. it will get to him way faster than a letter will! Also, you might tell him that he can request his erd (earliest release date).

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
01-27-2010, 10:03 AM
Thank you so much for taking the time and replying.I just thought I would try and get somekind of info.Do you know if the time he spent in county (1month) is still counted towards that 3months? Even if it wasnt time spent in state?

This information should be in his court paperwork. During sentencing they will tell him if he has any credit for time served. So it's a possiblilty that yes it counts. Time flies really...he will be home before you know it! Good luck sweetie! :)

Gryphon
01-28-2010, 10:24 AM
If anyone can help me understand whats going on with my fiance that would be greatly appreciated.He was arrested on Dec.05,2010,his case was a DA reject.But he was on Parole,So was violated.He was sentenced to 6 months with half.On Jan.10,2010 he was picked up to go to prison to complete his time there. When is he getting out???? All I want is something anything it doesnt have to be exact but something to look forward to.They dont even tell him anything.And when can they begin to use the phone.All I can get is letters and he hasnt received any of mine. I know his time will be over in no time compared to others but I just want to know something????
He has to serve 90 days counting from the date the parole hold was placed on him. That could be different than the date of arrest, and their probably isn't a way for you to get that date. The inmate may know about the date the hold was placed, because he was probably in the county jail when it happened and he may have been notified.
It is correct that with a short sentence, he might not leave Reception and could be paroled (again) from there.

VanessaLovesDan
01-28-2010, 11:18 PM
He has to serve 90 days counting from the date the parole hold was placed on him. That could be different than the date of arrest, and their probably isn't a way for you to get that date. The inmate may know about the date the hold was placed, because he was probably in the county jail when it happened and he may have been notified.
It is correct that with a short sentence, he might not leave Reception and could be paroled (again) from there.

Thanks much,this info is so useful.But is there a way to counting those 90 days? Like do they not count weekends,I even heard a month in prison is only 15 days or something.His parole hold was posted on Dec. 8th,2010.

Gryphon
01-29-2010, 09:37 AM
Just count 90 days from the date of the parole hold.

A CDCR month is 30 days for most applications. Weekends and holidays count. A day served is a day counted.
The only thing that can be variable is conduct credits. Those are based on not losing any as teh result of misbehavior.

Thanks much,this info is so useful.But is there a way to counting those 90 days? Like do they not count weekends,I even heard a month in prison is only 15 days or something.His parole hold was posted on Dec. 8th,2010.

winnie250
02-04-2010, 07:26 PM
hello everyone,

My name is erica... i am new to this site but not new to knowing someone in jail... iam having a really hard time finding out my boyfriends release date... i dont know what do now!! please if you know... this is my first boyfriend ever to go to jail... help me please!!!

thank you and good luckto everyone!!!

erica

sweetnessva
02-04-2010, 07:28 PM
hello everyone,

My name is erica... i am new to this site but not new to knowing someone in jail... iam having a really hard time finding out my boyfriends release date... i dont know what do now!! please if you know... this is my first boyfriend ever to go to jail... help me please!!!

thank you and good luckto everyone!!!

erica

did you try www.bop.gov (http://www.bop.gov)

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
02-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Hello! You are going to have to provide a little more information for anyone to help you calculate a release date sweetie! Where and when he was arrested, what is his sentence, credits, state or federal prison or county time, etc. Good luck!! =)

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
02-04-2010, 07:31 PM
did you try www.bop.gov (http://www.bop.gov)

I think BOP is for federal inmates only...someone please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Shush
02-05-2010, 07:39 AM
you may get more information in the California forum.... it is lower on the main page, you find it under the different states..... good luck

and welcome to pto....

AliCat3
02-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Welcome. His lawyer wasn't able to tell you some of the details you might need. You might be able to call the jail, or the court house to get some answers. Good luck

sweetnessva
02-05-2010, 08:36 AM
I think BOP is for federal inmates only...someone please correct me if I'm wrong :)

oh yeah it is sorry was thinking he was in federal

PTO-110524
02-05-2010, 02:18 PM
If he's still in county jail - and if he's only doing jail time (not state prison time) he should know his release date or can easily calculate it.

If he's in county jail awaiting transfer to state prison, when he gets to reception at the prison, his counselor will confer with him and give him is estimated release date. :thumbsup:

YOUNGnGIFTED
02-05-2010, 03:08 PM
The California Department of Corrections will NOT give you your boyfriends release date until AFTER he is released. Why, I don't know, but that's how they do it. You can call the prison locator number in Sacramento..sorry I don't have the number and if you listen to the recording, it tells you that release info isn't available until after the inmate has been released.

Your boyfriends counselor has all of that information...that's the first thing they usually wanna know...when am I getting out. If your boyfriend is all done with reception and has been housed where he's doing his time, and has seen his counselor...he should know his release date. So if months from now he's telling you he doesn't know when he's getting out...that would be less than the truth!

Good Luck:thumbsup:

Lovable909
02-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Hi ladies I have pretty much the same question my guy got 23 yrs with 85% and he just hit his 14th year behind bars.
Thx
Lovable

luz1980
02-22-2010, 11:55 PM
for a parole violation for 10 months flat does he do that time in county or in prison?? also I've read that the lasd website would notify you of an SP 3 or 4 status right??? my boyfriend info. doesnt show none of that but that he has a hold from the parole....what does this mean???

luz1980
02-23-2010, 12:15 AM
my man told me he didnt know the exact date>>>his PO told him sept 2010 give OR take two weeks...wth???? we want a date but they can't even check in the computer for the date,,,that sucks! he got arrested on a parole violation and was given 10 months flat but did not pick up a new case.....

sj1106
03-06-2010, 10:16 PM
i need help again lol my bf wrote me today n told me he signed for 9 mnths with half for abscounding how much time will he likely serve then ? he is in chino now and has been in county n now chino since feb 11 does the time he has already done count ?? thank u so much for any help

guinyardanna
03-07-2010, 10:55 PM
probably none.my husband was held in cdc for 45 days and he still had to serve 5 months for a violation of loud music.he now has just 19 days left and he will be home

sj1106
03-07-2010, 11:24 PM
ya but can anyone tell me what 9 mnths with half means ??????????

D4C
03-07-2010, 11:27 PM
It means that he will do 4 and a half months as long as he keeps out of trouble. I would think that the time that he's been in prior to getting the 9mnths w/half would count, but I'm not sure on that one.

sj1106
03-07-2010, 11:33 PM
thank u i appreciate it ya im hoping he stays outta trouble and that his month already in does count

DjsGurl
04-27-2010, 11:34 PM
hey everyone, i need some help or advice...my man went to prison over a month and a half ago, they juss gave him his release date, but he hasnt seen a councler yet, does that happen often? and if so, do they or can they ever change it? because we were thinking it would be around january 2011 but they gave him a release date of sept 2010,which dont get me wrong is great, but im jus woried since he didnt see a councler yet,that they might try and change it because of an error or somthing...any help would be so appericated. (:

JNT4EVA
04-28-2010, 01:27 AM
I don't know if they will change it or not but we can only pray that they don't my husband was transferred to delano on march 18th he was sentenced on march 11th with 77 days credit for 2yrs w/ 1/2 so were now praying that he can get the 35% so all he would have to do is 8 mos if not then were looking at feb 2011 he havn't seen his counselor yet but hopefully soon I can't wait to find out his release date because i am soooo ready for him to come home god bless ladies

Sylvia
04-28-2010, 10:58 AM
When an inmate reaches reception they can file a form and ask for their relealse date. It is usually accuarte within a couple of days. This can be done before they see their counselor.

35% is only for the ones going to fire camp. For non violent offenders it is usually 50%. Violent get 85% and if they have a prior strike I think even non violent do 80%. I do know I am correct on the fire camp part but may be a little off on the last 2. I am sure someone will come along and correct me.

JNT4EVA
04-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Thanks Stormy I wrote him and told him to ask for that paper and I also call records and ask for his release month and year and they said Feb. 2011 but it might change once he sees his counselor he is in there for a non-violent offense so we just praying for the best thanks again.

ilovepatrick
04-29-2010, 09:09 PM
When an inmate reaches reception they can file a form and ask for their relealse date. It is usually accuarte within a couple of days. This can be done before they see their counselor.

35% is only for the ones going to fire camp. For non violent offenders it is usually 50%. Violent get 85% and if they have a prior strike I think even non violent do 80%. I do know I am correct on the fire camp part but may be a little off on the last 2. I am sure someone will come along and correct me.

My husband has a prior strike. On this term he is a non-violent offender and doing 50% of his term.

Mrs.Parker~A.N.F.
04-29-2010, 10:00 PM

Dang Stormy41mom I swear sometimes I just wish I could hug you! Lol
I just got a letter from hunny today, the poor thing is freaking out sitting in that cell now that it's been 3 months and really wants to know his out date....but thanks to your information I will write him and let him know that he can file to request it. Do you know who he asks? Maybe he knows since he is there, I just do not know much lol

Sylvia
04-29-2010, 11:03 PM
He can ask other guys that have been there a while they will know the form to ask for his "EPRD". I will try to remember to ask my son but can't promise.

Mystikopal
04-30-2010, 02:04 PM
I don't know if they will change it or not but we can only pray that they don't my husband was transferred to delano on march 18th he was sentenced on march 11th with 77 days credit for 2yrs w/ 1/2 so were now praying that he can get the 35% so all he would have to do is 8 mos if not then were looking at feb 2011 he havn't seen his counselor yet but hopefully soon I can't wait to find out his release date because i am soooo ready for him to come home god bless ladies

Okay so there is this new policy which just went into effect Feb this year, the following is taken directly from the California Department of Corrections website:

Inmates Can Earn Time Credits
The new law will allow offenders incarcerated in a California prison to earn up to six weeks per year off their sentences by completing certain rehabilitation programs such as earning a GED or obtaining a vocational certificate. These programs are proven to reduce crime and assist in a successful transition into society.
In addition to the six week incentive, the new law will:

Extend existing time credits to include day-for-day credit for time served in the county jail from the time of arrest for specified offenders;
Providetwo days of sentence credit for every one day after an inmate completes firefighting training;
Provide two days of sentence credit for every one day an inmate works in an institution firehouse; and
Provide a consistent rule of one day of credit for every day served for all eligible inmates whether they are on a waiting list for a full-time assignment, participating in programs, or undergoing reception center processing, so long as the inmate is discipline-free during that time;
Continue policies that cause inmates to lose credits for criminal misconduct, rules violations and violence in prison.

Anyway my fiance is planning on completing one of the vocational programs, whichever are available at the prison he is mainlined to. So instead of looking at getting out around Feb 5th 2011 he will get out somewhere around Dec 26th 2010!! Hope this helps!:thumbsup:

bf1011
05-03-2010, 12:30 PM
In March My man was sentenced to 19 with half so that would be 9in a half months so with his 1month time served in county im guessing he would be out late november early december but when i call the records dept they said his release date is may 2011. Im so confused when he gets out.

JNT4EVA
05-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks Mystikopal for the great info. it is very helpful and I will write my husband and let him know all this info. and hopefully he can get into firecamp or one of the other programs.

Mrs.760
05-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Just wait until he goes to his counselor and gets his paperwork. The paper work will tell him his earliest date and his max date.

oconnorswife1
05-06-2010, 06:41 PM
my husband got ten years four month with 85 how long will he really do

kima
05-06-2010, 08:57 PM
my husband got ten years four month with 85 how long will he really do
About 8 1/2 years - as long as he stays out of trouble and doesn't lose any good time credits. Feasibly he could do the whole ten years if he gets written up very often for fighting and such.

Shante_3
05-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Hey everyone...i need a little help.So my boyfriend has been in a california prison since february 2009,and the judge gave him 30 months,so that would mean he wouldnt get out until august 2011.But i looked on the bop website and on there it said his release date was on march 2011.So is the bop website always correct?And also before he went in his lawyer said he could make some kind of deal and he'll only have to serve 10 months,so that was a lie,but recently my boyfriend was telling me he would be getting out soon before the date,his lawyer was just waiting on some papers to be finalized,so could this really be true,can his his lawyer really get him out early?Help is appreciated!

Shante_3
05-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Sorry i ment to put *california federal prison* above message

Shari
05-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Shante you might want to ask your question in the Federal Prison thread in the main forum. Most of the answers you will get here are for state prison.

JaneD0ex2
05-07-2010, 01:33 PM
im not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question...but my bF said that his time didn't start until he saw his counselor...he went to county May 5th 09..he was moved to prison recep in oct. then he was moved again and saw his counselor in dec. 09....his PD told me with the credits he rec he would only do 18-20months. he was sentenced to 4yrs with 50%.....but his release date is June 2011..if going by the day he went to county he should be home late 2010 or early 2011 since that would be 18-20mths from the time he arrived in county...will they recalculate his time?...or does it truly not start until they see their counselor?

i hope i explained all of that clear =/

Shari
05-07-2010, 03:27 PM
What happens is when he gets to state they take the credits he received from the judge and subtract that from the amount of time he was given. Then they take the 50% if that is what he doing and figure out his release date.

Example lets say he was sentenced to 4 years and recieved like 155 days credit this is how it would go. And the time does start from the day he hits reception. So

4 years equals 1460 days less the 155 days credit = 1305 days at 50% he would serve 653 days which comes out to like almost 22 months.

This is just a example casue I do not know how much credit your guy actually got. But with this example if he got to rec. Oct. 1 2009 his release date would be about Aug. 1st. 2011.

In answer to your last question the time does not start when he was at county it starts when he gets to reception like in my example. If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me.

JaneD0ex2
05-07-2010, 11:33 PM
What happens is when he gets to state they take the credits he received from the judge and subtract that from the amount of time he was given. Then they take the 50% if that is what he doing and figure out his release date.

Example lets say he was sentenced to 4 years and recieved like 155 days credit this is how it would go. And the time does start from the day he hits reception. So

4 years equals 1460 days less the 155 days credit = 1305 days at 50% he would serve 653 days which comes out to like almost 22 months.

This is just a example casue I do not know how much credit your guy actually got. But with this example if he got to rec. Oct. 1 2009 his release date would be about Aug. 1st. 2011.

In answer to your last question the time does not start when he was at county it starts when he gets to reception like in my example. If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me.

thanx for explaining it...i don't remember how many credits he recv. o well another year to go =(

geemoney
05-12-2010, 09:30 PM
In March My man was sentenced to 19 with half so that would be 9in a half months so with his 1month time served in county im guessing he would be out late november early december but when i call the records dept they said his release date is may 2011. Im so confused when he gets out.

after he goes to his counselor and his date is still the same he can submit a request form to records for a time recalculation. If its a paperwork error they should catch it.

WifeyRajotte
05-16-2010, 09:43 PM
:o My husband is serving his first ever prison term in California (4 years with 2 strikes), still at DVI for reception hasnt seen a counsler yet and doesnt know if he will receive half time on his sentence or have to serve all 4 yrs?But to my understanding if its ur first time going to prison you get half time... right? or does it matter on the case? can someone please help me, does anyone know....

John'sBaby
05-16-2010, 09:53 PM
my husband just got to dvi on friday. I am not sure if it is half time I think the judge would have told him. I think with two strikes he will serve 80 percent but am not sure. My husband got 9 yrs. 4 mths. at 80% so he will serve 7 yrs.

mdeits
05-16-2010, 10:14 PM
This is my bf first time also. He received 6 yrs and is having to serve 85% on two strikes. He will serve 5 years 1 month...and we are only 9 months into it!!! Good luck..this is the place to get our questions answered

noboundries
05-17-2010, 01:35 AM
Ooo...i dont know....i'm thinking that 2nd strike might enforce 85%....I REALLY HOPE NOT! i'm not crystal on this.......good luck

Madhatter
05-17-2010, 07:34 AM
:o My husband is serving his first ever prison term in California (4 years with 2 strikes), still at DVI for reception hasnt seen a counsler yet and doesnt know if he will receive half time on his sentence or have to serve all 4 yrs?But to my understanding if its ur first time going to prison you get half time... right? or does it matter on the case? can someone please help me, does anyone know....

It depends on what he was convicted of. My son is in prison - never had so much as a traffic ticket - and he is in at 85%.

Anything they consider violent or a sex offense will get you 85% even as a first timer.

Anything else with prior strikes and I believe you are looking at 80%. For your sake I hope I'm wrong.

PTO-79211
05-17-2010, 11:37 AM
This is my husbands first offense and because it was a violent crime he was sentenced to 11 years at 85%. He doesnt qualify for half time because of his crime.

56mom
05-19-2010, 10:08 PM
My husband was sentenced to 16 months with half (50%) in State Prison/ California on 04/29/10 he was 40 days in actual custody and 40 days good time/work time so was given a total credit for 80 days. He was moved to a State Prison today 05/19/10. I know he's not serving much compared to other inmates but this is the first time i go through this and it's been stressful..... please help......

So my question is....

How do you do the calculations so c around what month he'll be getting out?

Is it true that they are releasing non/violent inmates earlier?? Something about a new law what is that aboout????

Gryphon
05-22-2010, 01:33 AM
If the crime is non violent, and he admitted 1 strike prior, then he gets 20% conduct credits at CDCR (and got approximately 1/3 conduct credits added to his county jail time ).
If the crime was violent, then he only gets 15% conduct credits.
The percentages aren't impacted by being a 1st timer or a 10th timer.

John'sBaby
05-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Gryphon, can you help me? My husband went into county on 3/16/10, he was sentenced on 3/30/10. He was moved to reception on 5/14/10. He is at 80%. What is his earliest release date? What is his good credit time? Thanks

Annabelle
05-25-2010, 04:26 PM
My husband was sentenced to 16 months with half (50%) in State Prison/ California on 04/29/10 he was 40 days in actual custody and 40 days good time/work time so was given a total credit for 80 days. He was moved to a State Prison today 05/19/10. I know he's not serving much compared to other inmates but this is the first time i go through this and it's been stressful..... please help......

So my question is....

How do you do the calculations so c around what month he'll be getting out?

Is it true that they are releasing non/violent inmates earlier?? Something about a new law what is that aboout????

Approx. October 26, 2010

CPHamilton
06-02-2010, 01:16 AM
My man is being sent to reception any day now. Probation came and saw him in county to do thier report on him and told him that he will prob. get an outragous number of points. I dont believe it. He doesnt fight, but is going away for a "violent" offence Is there a way for me to calculate what his points might be? Some one mentioned a handbook, but ive been looking around for days with no luck! Id atleast like to get an Idea of where he might land.:confused::confused::confused:

2sleepy
06-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Go to this link http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Regulations/Adult_Operations/docs/Title%2015%202009.pdf (http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Regulations/Adult_Operations/docs/Title%2015%202009.pdf)
Save it to your computer, open it and in the "find" box, type in 3375.3. That will take you to the section that describes classification. It goes on for several pages. At the end of the section there is a sample CDC 839 (classification score form) print it out and with the information on the sheet, and in section 3375.3 you can get really close calculating an inmates score. I did this when my son went to prison and was only one point off.

MT1999
06-26-2010, 10:22 AM
I am getting three different stories on my husband's sentence/half time and credit. He was sentenced to 16 months at half time.

First I was told that he will serve 8 months of his sentence due to half time and that each day waiting in county counts as one day towards his sentence.

Second time I was told he will serve 8 months and only the days in county that count towards his sentence were up until he was sentenced (which was only 7 days).

Third time I was told that he will serve 8 months and his time will not start until he hits reception. So all the days he is sitting in county (32 days total so far) do not count towards his sentence?

What in the world? Then I keep hearing about this 33% credit while in county? Why is this so confusing? My husband doesn't even know what is going on!

traviesita
06-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Hi out of 16 months he will end up doing 9 month I believe.

His time begins the day he was booked. thats NOT dead time...

But if i"m wrong I'm sure someone will come along with better info.

I didn't know the were giving half time, last I heard of half time was in the 90's

complete85
06-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Ok i hope im right half sentence means he only gets to do half of his time witch is good and those 35 days they do count so what he has to do get a slip from the guards in order for him to talk to his counseler so he could explain to him how much time he has to do and so you guys could be straight.

brown1226
06-29-2010, 08:48 PM
I just received his EPRD which is 2/21/2011. He was sentence to 2yr with 50%. Looking at this date it would be exactly 1 year and 1 day since he was arrested. He has not seem his counselor yet, so hopefully that day will change and he comes home sooner.

halo916
07-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Hey everyone. Im new to all of this so please forgive me if Im asking a question thats already been answered.

Currently my boyfriend is in county, and to date he has served 200 actual days and he is headed to prison for 3 years on a non violent felony conviction (not theft or drugs). I asked him but he said he isnt counting the days cuz he thinks it will make it feel longer, so he doesnt want to know. So for myself, Im trying to calculate the actual time he will do provided he doesnt get into any trouble inside. Im just confused as to whether they are still doing half time, and if so does half time start in county jail or only when you get to state prison. i figured if he has 200 actual days, he would have either 300 total if its 2/3, or 400 if its half. but thats a difference of a few months, so its really important to me.

anyone know for sure?

Annabelle
07-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Hey everyone. Im new to all of this so please forgive me if Im asking a question thats already been answered.

Currently my boyfriend is in county, and to date he has served 200 actual days and he is headed to prison for 3 years on a non violent felony conviction (not theft or drugs). I asked him but he said he isnt counting the days cuz he thinks it will make it feel longer, so he doesnt want to know. So for myself, Im trying to calculate the actual time he will do provided he doesnt get into any trouble inside. Im just confused as to whether they are still doing half time, and if so does half time start in county jail or only when you get to state prison. i figured if he has 200 actual days, he would have either 300 total if its 2/3, or 400 if its half. but thats a difference of a few months, so its really important to me.

anyone know for sure?

It's all 1/2 time, including pre-sentence in county.

coffeeluvr
07-23-2010, 10:13 AM
I don't know where I hear or read about this. My son is due to serve 5 yrs with 1 yr already credited. Does he serve 85% of what's left or from day1? I dunno. :confused:

Thanks.

patchouli
07-23-2010, 10:35 AM
State or Federal? Violent or non-violent?

coffeeluvr
07-23-2010, 10:40 AM
State.

gods mercy
07-23-2010, 10:46 AM
i know az can have a inmate only do 85% of time if they have no violent crime. good luck

patchouli
07-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Check in that state's forum....it gets complicated. In ky, if the charges are class D, the inmate is eliglible for parole after serving 15%; if class B or above it 20% and for SO/VO its 85%. Every state is different. Eligibilty does not mean they will be granted parole, just that they're eligible.

coffeeluvr
07-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Thanks, its an SO in Cal so it'll be 85%. Hey, at least I'm learning all this new lingo. :) (I gotta have some sense of humor to survive my son being gone)

dafyy's mama
07-25-2010, 01:36 AM
My boyfriend has been in jail since 3-23-10 and got sentenced 6/15/10. (85 days actual served.) I don't know his days credit in jail!! he sat through 6/30/10 (total 15 days waiting to transfer out to reception) then got to reception on July 1st. His sentence was 2 years @ 50%. Can anyone help calculate the release date? PLEASE!! :confused::confused:

Shari
07-25-2010, 07:16 AM
The 85% starts when he gets to reception. The way it works is you will deduct the credits from the sentence and then he will serve 85% of what is left from that.

DaMeS_GiRl88
07-26-2010, 09:10 PM
I wanted to know does anybody know if time in county plus reception time counts towards their sentence and erd

afirsttimer
07-26-2010, 10:34 PM
yes it does.

cj4u
07-27-2010, 08:53 PM
I have the same question. My BF was sentenced to 2years in Cali...How much time will he actually serve?

mrs.gonzalez<3
07-28-2010, 02:01 AM
Ok-so its almost been a year since my babe has been gone-most of that time was spent in trial..i know what his charges are and all and as far as i remember many of them were dismissed. There were 8 total but he only got time for two of the counts. One of them was 245(a)(2) PC which he got 2 years with eligible parole but im confused because he got 5 years (consecutive) for 186.22(b)(1) PC. Total he got 7 years but I have the understanding that he wont do the whole 7 years but i dont know:confused:. He was sentenced on March 09 [my 18 birthday :(]
He was already told his ERD but he didnt want to tell me. I dont know why he wouldnt want to tell me. In the last letter i sent him i told him if he couldnt tell me the date could he at least give me a year. Im still waiting on his response on that.
Anyways, how long do you think he will serve?
any help will be appreciated...thanks so much!

lovebug22
07-28-2010, 08:34 AM
im not familiar with what charges those codes stand for? if they are violent crimes then he will do 85% of his time sentenced, if they are not violent then he will serve 50% of time sentenced. If the judge ordered the 2 sentences to be served concurently then he will be serving 5 years however if not then he will serve the sentences seperate which would be 7 years. Chances are he is serving them concurently though, thats what most judges order. So (im assuming) he is sentenced 5 years. Was he in county jail while going to trial? If so the judge will usually give credit for time served in jail so those days will be taken off the 5 or 7 year sentence. If you give me all the information im pretty sure i can give you a accurate, more or less, release date. I calculated my boyfriends release date before he saw his counselor, & i was only one month off! LOL.

Also, if your bf has been through reception already then that means he has a release date & has seen his counselor. You can call the prison he is at, ask to speak to his counselor & they usually can tell you the release date.

Annabelle
07-28-2010, 09:09 AM
He will serve 85% of 7 years. Calculate the time beginning with the day of arrest.

DaMeS_GiRl88
07-28-2010, 09:24 AM
U can always call and ask his counselor

mrs.gonzalez<3
07-28-2010, 12:08 PM
The Penal Code 245(a)(2) is for Assault with a Firearm and Penal Code 186.22(b)(1) is Criminal Street Gang. So im guessing they do make him fall under VO but I am not so sure. I believe they are seperate because on the court papers it says "consecutive" under the 5 year sentence which follows the 2 year sentence. Wait whats the difference between "concurrent" and "consecutive"?? because you mention "concurrent" but in the court thing it says "consecutive". He was in county while going to trial and if i am not mistaken they did give him credit time for the time he was there.
Ok so lets say in total he is to serve 7 years. He was arrested 7/30/09. He was sentenced 3/09. He arrived at wasco reception 4/16. What do you think hes ERD is?

Oh thats funny-you were a month off. Yea he is in reception still but he already saw his councelor. They did give him his ERD but how i said in the last post-he didnt want to tell me! My brother-in-law [sisters hubby] told me he probably didnt tell me because others in there might find out his ERD and it isnt safe because those doing longer can get mad/jelouse or something. I was thinking on calling but I decided to get some help from PTO:thumbsup: [since dealing with them is a pain in the a**] :blah:

im not familiar with what charges those codes stand for? if they are violent crimes then he will do 85% of his time sentenced, if they are not violent then he will serve 50% of time sentenced. If the judge ordered the 2 sentences to be served concurently then he will be serving 5 years however if not then he will serve the sentences seperate which would be 7 years. Chances are he is serving them concurently though, thats what most judges order. So (im assuming) he is sentenced 5 years. Was he in county jail while going to trial? If so the judge will usually give credit for time served in jail so those days will be taken off the 5 or 7 year sentence. If you give me all the information im pretty sure i can give you a accurate, more or less, release date. I calculated my boyfriends release date before he saw his counselor, & i was only one month off! LOL.

Also, if your bf has been through reception already then that means he has a release date & has seen his counselor. You can call the prison he is at, ask to speak to his counselor & they usually can tell you the release date.

Luv Hurts
07-28-2010, 12:14 PM
County is usually 2 for 1. So figure

730 days for 2 years
-170 credit served
-----
560 left to serve
-280 50%
-----
280 left to serve comes out to roughly 9 months

And i cannot remember if the 15 days comes out of the 170 or the prison time.

My boyfriend has been in jail since 3-23-10 and got sentenced 6/15/10. (85 days actual served.) I don't know his days credit in jail!! he sat through 6/30/10 (total 15 days waiting to transfer out to reception) then got to reception on July 1st. His sentence was 2 years @ 50%. Can anyone help calculate the release date? PLEASE!! :confused::confused:

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
07-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Wait whats the difference between "concurrent" and "consecutive"??

Concurrent means for they run the sentences together so he serves the sentences at the same time for example he was sentenced to 5 years and 2 years instead of serving 7 they would combine and run together so he would only do the 5 with the 2 being included in the 5

Consecutive means he serves each sentence back to back so he would have to finish the 5 years and then start serving the 2 years so total 7.

Hope this makes sense. Take care!:)

lovebug22
07-28-2010, 11:12 PM
The Penal Code 245(a)(2) is for Assault with a Firearm and Penal Code 186.22(b)(1) is Criminal Street Gang. So im guessing they do make him fall under VO but I am not so sure. I believe they are seperate because on the court papers it says "consecutive" under the 5 year sentence which follows the 2 year sentence. Wait whats the difference between "concurrent" and "consecutive"?? because you mention "concurrent" but in the court thing it says "consecutive". He was in county while going to trial and if i am not mistaken they did give him credit time for the time he was there.
Ok so lets say in total he is to serve 7 years. He was arrested 7/30/09. He was sentenced 3/09. He arrived at wasco reception 4/16. What do you think hes ERD is?

Oh thats funny-you were a month off. Yea he is in reception still but he already saw his councelor. They did give him his ERD but how i said in the last post-he didnt want to tell me! My brother-in-law [sisters hubby] told me he probably didnt tell me because others in there might find out his ERD and it isnt safe because those doing longer can get mad/jelouse or something. I was thinking on calling but I decided to get some help from PTO:thumbsup: [since dealing with them is a pain in the a**] :blah:

ok yeah so he has to serve the sentences seperately if the judge ordered them to be consecutive, which would be 7 years. & i think he does fall under VO as well. But then again im just guessing. Im assuming he was at county jail for 8 months then before he was sentenced so he most likely has 250 days credit for time served.

7 years= 2555 days
2555 days subtracted from 250 days (time served in jail)=2305days
85% of 2305 days =1959 days
1959 days=about 5 years & 3 months.

so his release date would be 5 years & 3months from March 3rd 2009 which is around June 2014.

Hope this helps & makes sense! :thumbsup:Again, this calculation is IF he is considered a Violent offender. If he isnt then he will be out sooner, but im pretty sure assault falls under violent offenses.

Luv Hurts
07-28-2010, 11:27 PM
I beleive and I might be wrong, but last i jknew of, County was 2 for 1, so I would subtract about another 240 days.

ok yeah so he has to serve the sentences seperately if the judge ordered them to be consecutive, which would be 7 years. & i think he does fall under VO as well. But then again im just guessing. Im assuming he was at county jail for 8 months then before he was sentenced so he most likely has 250 days credit for time served.

7 years= 2555 days
2555 days subtracted from 250 days (time served in jail)=2305days
85% of 2305 days =1959 days
1959 days=about 5 years & 3 months.

so his release date would be 5 years & 3months from March 3rd 2009 which is around June 2014.

Hope this helps & makes sense! :thumbsup:Again, this calculation is IF he is considered a Violent offender. If he isnt then he will be out sooner, but im pretty sure assault falls under violent offenses.

DaMeS_GiRl88
07-28-2010, 11:31 PM
How would they know if they time served in county and wat about time served in reception and the day he was arrested he was sentenced to 4 years idk how that works

lovebug22
07-28-2010, 11:33 PM
I beleive and I might be wrong, but last i jknew of, County was 2 for 1, so I would subtract about another 240 days.

not if your a VO

Luv Hurts
07-28-2010, 11:38 PM
My husbnd is a VO, he was busted in Orange County and he did get 2 for 1. So I don't know.

not if your a VO

cldom
07-29-2010, 01:45 AM
can anyone tell me if he get an xtra 90 days added to his sentence if he was sent to the hole/ad seg?? He was place there for an investigation he has no 115's. A friend told me he would get 90 days no matter what. THanks

mrs.gonzalez<3
07-29-2010, 02:07 AM
Thanks you guys-
I certainly have a few long years ahead wheather the calculations are correct or not and I have no clue how im going to get through this but i have to be super strong like Super-Woman!

Bashersgirl
07-29-2010, 02:26 AM
As some of you may know my husband is having to take a deal on his case. He's on probation with a 3 year joint suspension. They originally tried to charge him with gta but it kept getting rejected so the shady detective stacked his charges. Basiclly broke the gta into smaller charges a lot of repeat charges for same thing and added a bad check charge from like 2 years ago. He knows and admits the check was bad so they got him on that. And coming in contact with police basiclly revoked his probation. What's sad is he was 2 months from discharging his probation. Always checked in, paid his court restition early and all. He never met his actual probation officer! But this guy straight out revoked him! So the da told our attorney 3 years or we goto trial if they convict on just one they are gonna high term him at 7years. Being that they know he's wrong on check. He's opting to take deal.

My question is this. If he takes deal and they make him plea to all the charges will that add points to his classification status?

Luv Hurts
07-29-2010, 07:02 AM
You just lear patience, and beleive me you will need it with CDCR.

Thanks you guys-
I certainly have a few long years ahead wheather the calculations are correct or not and I have no clue how im going to get through this but i have to be super strong like Super-Woman!

lola5311
07-29-2010, 10:29 AM

I thought county was just 1 for 1? I thought double time didn't start until you hit reception?

lovebug22
07-29-2010, 10:48 AM
I thought county was just 1 for 1? I thought double time didn't start until you hit reception?

yeah thats what i was told too. & what applied for my bf. but since he was a VO he didnt get double time at recepetion either. who knooows:eek:

lovebug22
07-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Thanks you guys-

look on the brightside...you have already done one year! :thumbsup: I know at times it can be overwhelming but try not to look at the big picture/release date as a whole. Take it day by day. Eventually you learn ways to deal & make the time pass...like you've already being doing! Best of luck:o

Luv Hurts
07-29-2010, 11:30 AM
I will pull his paperwork out agin and look at it, or when he calls I will ask him but I remmber he was given 240 days credit and he was only in the county for 120 days.

mrs.gonzalez<3
07-29-2010, 11:43 AM
I know I have to think on the bright side. My mom tells me to have hope and faith at all times. Its just that like you said, at times it can be overwhelming. Hopefully college these next 3 years keeps me busy. :thumbsup:

look on the brightside...you have already done one year! :thumbsup: I know at times it can be overwhelming but try not to look at the big picture/release date as a whole. Take it day by day. Eventually you learn ways to deal & make the time pass...like you've already being doing! Best of luck:o

Bashersgirl
07-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Nobody has any answers?

Annabelle
08-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Click here and go to page 176 to see the sample on how the points are calculated:

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Regulations/Adult_Operations/docs/Title15-2008.pdf

lola5311
08-04-2010, 04:59 PM
So I am confused. What credit does one get who has been sitting in LA county waiting to go to prison for non-violent felony? I heard that pre-sentencing is 2 to 1. But what about after sentencing? Is it just a day for a day? Are there no credits for this time? My BF was sentenced June 4 and is STILL sitting in county waiting to go to state. Should I count these days as one for one?

2sleepy
08-05-2010, 02:44 PM
As long as they are eligible for 50% time, they get it from the day of arrest. If they have a strike prior they only get 1/3 time credits from time of arrest until sentencing, after sentencing they get 50% time. That is assuming that the inmate isn't sentenced to serve 80% or 85% of their sentence

I hope I didn't confuse you too much =)

lola5311
08-05-2010, 02:56 PM
As long as they are eligible for 50% time, they get it from the day of arrest. If they have a strike prior they only get 1/3 time credits from time of arrest until sentencing, after sentencing they get 50% time. That is assuming that the inmate isn't sentenced to serve 80% or 85% of their sentence

I hope I didn't confuse you too much =)

You didn't confuse me! Thanks so much!

lola5311
08-06-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm still wondering about these credits. So my BF was sentenced to 16 months at half time with 200 days credit, which comes out to about 140 days. He has been sitting in county for 68 days. Do I take 68 days away from the 140? Or, do I take 136 days away from 140? If it is 50% time in county then it would mean he has already done 136 days? That doesn't seem right....confusing

lola5311
08-10-2010, 07:43 PM
My BF was sentenced to 16 months for non-violent felony at 50% and judge gave him 200 days credit. He spent 72 days in county waiting to be transferred. If I am figuring this right, his sentence came to about 140 days or just over. According to the new law, county is 2 days credit for every 1 day served. So, he has served 144 days? That can't be right since his sentence was 140 days? I must be doing this wrong!

Shush
08-11-2010, 05:10 AM
I really dont know.... but maybe you did it right and they have not realised it?

julianlevi
08-11-2010, 09:12 AM
My son took a deal of 12 years and 1 strike with half time and he got 2 years 10 month credit. How much more time would he have to do before he gets out?:(

Shari
08-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Sorry to hear about your son. Here is my math on how much longer he has it might not be right on but it should be really close

12 yrs. = 4,380 days
less credit
2 yrs. 10 montsh = 1030 days
That leaves 3,350 days at half time = 1675 days left to serve which is 4 years and about 7 1/2 months.
So if my math is correct his release date should be around 4/2015. I hope that helped you some. Like I said if I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me.

DaMeS_GiRl88
08-12-2010, 08:46 PM
My babe has a flat 4 year sentence with 85 percent and he's on parole for 3 years can somebody help to know how to calculate california prison time

Candy29
08-17-2010, 09:21 PM
How Much Time Would My Fiance Do If He Has 18yrs Of 80%?

Madhatter
08-18-2010, 04:18 PM
How Much Time Would My Fiance Do If He Has 18yrs Of 80%?

Basically he would do 14 years and 4 months, but that does not count the time he will get taken off for the time he spends in jail.

DaMeS_GiRl88
08-19-2010, 02:47 PM
I see there is already a thread for this does anybody know what 85 percent of 4 years is

Shari
08-19-2010, 03:03 PM
I see there is already a thread for this does anybody know what 85 percent of 4 years is

It comes to around 3 years 5 months, and that is before you deduct any credits he got for the time he was in jail before he was transfered to prison.

dannybabe
08-19-2010, 03:37 PM
how much time if he got 13yrs

DaMeS_GiRl88
08-19-2010, 04:29 PM
It comes to around 3 years 5 months, and that is before you deduct any credits he got for the time he was in jail before he was transfered to prison.

Thanks shaa and I don't know if he got jail credits but I know he was in jail for 76 days before he got transfered to reception

michelleavent
08-19-2010, 09:23 PM
does anyone know what 85 percent of 5 yrs is????
and i wanted to know if someone served 8 months in the hole does that add time to their release date???? any info. would be helpful thanks.

Annabelle
08-19-2010, 09:43 PM
does anyone know what 85 percent of 5 yrs is????
and i wanted to know if someone served 8 months in the hole does that add time to their release date???? any info. would be helpful thanks.

I'm not real great at math but I believe it is four years and about 3 months.

It could be possible that time is added to a sentence for an infraction (the kind that could cause someone to end up in the hole) however often times those lost credits are earned back after a period of time.

joannasgirl
08-19-2010, 09:47 PM
My girlfriend is in Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood California ,she got sentenced to "16 with half" the 16th of july they gave her 72 days credit. I looked her up and they don't have a release date, I spoke to her today and they told her she was getting sent to prison Tuesday next week. How long do you think she will spend in prison?:confused:

Keep in mind she wasn't charged with a violent crime.

michelleavent
08-19-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm not real great at math but I believe it is four years and about 3 months.

It could be possible that time is added to a sentence for an infraction (the kind that could cause someone to end up in the hole) however often times those lost credits are earned back after a period of time.

that does make sense, i really appreciate your info.:thumbsup: thank you.

Shari
08-20-2010, 01:07 PM
I am assuming you mean 16 months. Is this correct? If so then here is what I figure how long she will serve give or take a few days.

She will do about 5 months and 18 days give or take.

If I was wrong about the time you meant let me know.

Once you find out where she is transfered to you can join us in the CA forum and there you will find a thread just for where she is at. You can ask any questions you might have about the place. I do not know where your girl will be transfered to but my SIL is at VSPW.

Here is the link for the CA fourms.

CA PTO Forum (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127)

vickiemunster
08-22-2010, 03:35 PM
16 months you take the credit from off the top. And her half time starts the day she got sentenced to go to prison sooo 72 credits is like two months 12 days she's probably going to do like 6 months I was in lynwood two months and I did 3 months and couple days in chowchilla but over all I served 5 months two of those like I said at lynwood waiting for the chain like they say

hayngrl
08-24-2010, 12:40 PM
My Man was sentenced with 4 years 80%. He just seen his counsler the other day and asked if he was able to go to camp. He currently in Tehachapi and they informed him that he may be going to MCCF or Soledad. But that we would have to wait to see comittee to see if he's eligible? Also would he qualify for good time credits? and if approveds for fire camp will he only do 35%?? Please help i'm confused!

2sleepy
08-24-2010, 04:36 PM
My Man was sentenced with 4 years 80%. He just seen his counsler the other day and asked if he was able to go to camp. He currently in Tehachapi and they informed him that he may be going to MCCF or Soledad. But that we would have to wait to see comittee to see if he's eligible? Also would he qualify for good time credits? and if approveds for fire camp will he only do 35%?? Please help i'm confused!
He still has to do 4 years at 80% even if he goes to fire camp.

DaMeS_GiRl88
08-24-2010, 04:50 PM
I don't know how much 80 percent will be but my guy got 4 years with 85 percent and his release year is 2013 so he will be serving 3 years so I'm guess your man will be doing a little less than that

Shari
08-24-2010, 07:20 PM
For fire camp it also depends on his level. He needs to be a level one to be able to quailfy for fire camp. He can not have any violent crimes, no DV, no escapes, and there are a few other things. If he does still qualify like 2sleepy said he will have to serve the full 80% even at camp. The only ones who qualify for the 35% are the ones who are serving 50%.

joannasgirl
08-25-2010, 01:36 AM
Hi out of 16 months he will end up doing 9 month I believe.

His time begins the day he was booked. thats NOT dead time...

But if i"m wrong I'm sure someone will come along with better info.

I didn't know the were giving half time, last I heard of half time was in the 90's

Is that the same for women? my gf got the same 8/16. she was booked on 6-10-10 and sentenced on 7-16-10,they gave her 72 days credit and has been in lynwood since. she is being sent to prison sometime this week. help?

parolee29
08-25-2010, 11:11 AM
For fire camp it also depends on his level. He needs to be a level one to be able to quailfy for fire camp. He can not have any violent crimes, no DV, no escapes, and there are a few other things. If he does still qualify like 2sleepy said he will have to serve the full 80% even at camp. The only ones who qualify for the 35% are the ones who are serving 50%.
Just for information. If you have been convicted of a violent crime it does not automatically preclude an inmate from fire camp placement. a CCI or corretional counselor will review his file and take a closer look at the exact nature of the crime. for instance if a guy has a robbery and no one was injured and the nature of the crime, the counselor feels was not that bad he can still qualify for camp. also fire camps are beginning to lessen the criteria for placement becuase they are having a hardtime filling beds. I recently paroled from camp and worked as a clerk, also worked at SCC as at Counselors /Lieutenants clerk. The hardest part about getting to camp is being fortunate enough to be placed at SCC/Jamestown or CCC Susanvile. The prison in SanLuis Obispo also Staffs Inmate Fire Crews as well as Norco State Prison. Another way an Inmate Can recive 35 % is if he can get placed in the Facilitys Fire house. This was a recent admenment to The california prison credit earning structure. confirming that if your not a half timer you have nothing coming. Also ther is something called the milestone program where guys can take certain course offered and validated at their prison to receive up to an additional 6 weeks off per year. GED etc.

lola5311
08-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Is that the same for women? my gf got the same 8/16. she was booked on 6-10-10 and sentenced on 7-16-10,they gave her 72 days credit and has been in lynwood since. she is being sent to prison sometime this week. help?

Yes, it is the same for women. So she will serve about 5-1/2 months.

damiross
08-25-2010, 04:16 PM
I've been trying to figure this out myself.
My girlfriend was sentenced on 6/29/10 to 3 years 4 months. At the restitution hearing on 8/6/10 the judge said again 3 years 4 months and she had 14 days credit. She had been in Santa Rita Jail at that time since 6/29/10 so I'm assuming he was only giving the additional credit time she had prior to sentencing.

Assuming they mean 30 days per month, I figure her sentence is 1215 days. 6/29/10 + 1215 days is 10/26/13. Half time would be 608 days or 2/13/12.

She has been assisting the deputies in such things as helping fellow inmates adapt and also has been taking classes. The amount of time she was told her sentence would be reduced for these activities would be about 60 days.

So, am I right in figuring her release date would be 6/29/10 + half time of 608 days less 60 days for classes/deputy assisting? This would be 12/15/2011.

I'd ask the public defender she was assigned but he's about as helpful/useful as wearing a fur-lined parka in the tropics.

She is going to Chowchilla but that may not be for a few months because they are taking only repeat offenders right now.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
David

Annabelle
08-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Anyone sentenced after January 26, 2010 will receive 2 for 1 credits for pre-sentence time in County (assuming it is a non-violent offense). 16 months will be 8 months from the date of initial incarceration in County.

damiross
08-25-2010, 04:27 PM
She is in there for a non-violent crime. Does the 1/2 time also count in state prison, where she will eventually be transferred to?

Her sentence is 40 months
If she spends 8 months at Santa Rita, with half time that would be the equivalent of 16 months. 40 months less 16 is 24 months. Does that mean should would then spend 24 months at Chowchilla, making her total sentence time 32 months (a reduction of only 8 months).

Thanks

Annabelle
08-25-2010, 09:57 PM
She is in there for a non-violent crime. Does the 1/2 time also count in state prison, where she will eventually be transferred to?

Her sentence is 40 months
If she spends 8 months at Santa Rita, with half time that would be the equivalent of 16 months. 40 months less 16 is 24 months. Does that mean should would then spend 24 months at Chowchilla, making her total sentence time 32 months (a reduction of only 8 months).

Thanks

Her total time incarcerated will be 20 months, including the pre-sentence credits in county. So, I think it would be 12 more months in Chowchilla.

Elmonte626
08-31-2010, 05:50 PM
My BF was arrested on 5/27/09. He was sentenced to 5 years w/50% how much time will he be doing or an estimate on when he'll be getting out. He doesnt want to tell me

tim300
09-03-2010, 12:05 AM
My friend is looking at a 10 months sentence. What will the actual time serve be?

gods mercy
09-03-2010, 01:00 AM
if it is in the county he will do 10 months flat,, i think ,

dafyy's mama
09-08-2010, 08:12 PM
I recently post a question thread on how to calculate my boyfriend's early release date. He actually will get to spend more time in prison. :[ Anyone please help me do his calculation.

He has been in jail since 3-23-10 and got sentenced 6/15/10. (85 days actual served.) I don't know his days credit in jail!! he sat through 6/30/10 (total 15 days waiting to transfer out to reception) then got to reception on July 1st. He won't be out until June 22, 2014 with 85 %. Can anyone help calculate the release date? PLEASE!

RobbiesGirl7
09-08-2010, 08:13 PM
when calculating an inmates release date, do you subtract the county time credits first and then calculate 85% from that? or do you calculate the 85% and then subtract the county time credits?

Also when they are in county is it for every 2 days served its 1 day credit?

RobbiesGirl7
09-08-2010, 08:20 PM
I recently post a question thread on how to calculate my boyfriend's early release date. He actually will get to spend more time in prison. :[ Anyone please help me do his calculation.

He has been in jail since 3-23-10 and got sentenced 6/15/10. (85 days actual served.) I don't know his days credit in jail!! he sat through 6/30/10 (total 15 days waiting to transfer out to reception) then got to reception on July 1st. He won't be out until June 22, 2014 with 85 %. Can anyone help calculate the release date? PLEASE!

You need to calculate how many days he will be in prison from 3/23/10 - 6/24/14 and times that by .85. that will give you how many days he will do total and you can calculate how many years that will be. but dont forget to take off his credits for county time. he will prob get 40 somethin days credit if he did 85 days in county

Ddpwifey1
09-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Ok can someone calculate this my hubby has 85% he got 14 yrs :( he got 220 credits.. Please help me out here.. goin nuts!! Thank u so much 4 anyone that can help me!! :)

RobbiesGirl7
09-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Ok can someone calculate this my hubby has 85% he got 14 yrs :( he got 220 credits.. Please help me out here.. goin nuts!! Thank u so much 4 anyone that can help me!! :)

he will do 4156 days which is a lil over 11 yrs

LoveNeverEnds
09-14-2010, 08:12 PM
probably none.my husband was held in cdc for 45 days and he still had to serve 5 months for a violation of loud music.he now has just 19 days left and he will be home

OH MY G!!! really?? 5 months for loud music?? who complained? I am astounded. I am usually not a smart mouth but after I picked up my jaw from reading that I am just full of goofy comments to go right along with how goofy the violation is!
I will say again, (previous threads) we all make mistakes....not everyone gets arrested for them.....I will forver be careful with how loud I play my music!
have I said I am astounded? shocked? flabbergasted? want me to go on?

I am so sorry! I sure hope he is home by now....listening to soft rock!! LOL:eek:

Sally562
09-16-2010, 05:03 AM
Hi everyone. My boyfriends set out date is on February 23 2010. I was just wondering if maybe they release inmates out early before their out date for good behavior. My boyfriend and I have a 3 month old daughter and I feel really bad that's he's not their for her now.

Thank you

LoveNeverEnds
09-16-2010, 11:24 PM
you're all so helpful. your questions and answers help me so much! Thanks!

crissk
09-19-2010, 09:57 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I didn't know about the double county time credit or that they start serving their time from the date of arrest. I learn such very helpful things for my peace of mind here. That takes off 6 whole weeks =)

RobbiesGirl7
09-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Hi everyone. My boyfriends set out date is on February 23 2010. I was just wondering if maybe they release inmates out early before their out date for good behavior. My boyfriend and I have a 3 month old daughter and I feel really bad that's he's not their for her now.

Thank you

Do you mean Feb 23 2011?? We are past feb 23 2010

Woodys#1Lady
09-21-2010, 05:50 PM
My fiance was sentenced to 3 years at 1/2 and was arrested July 9th. He has been at Wasco Reception since August 3rd.
If he gets sent to Fire Camp does he then do 35% of the 3 years, 18months or what ? This is all new to me...... :confused:

RobbiesGirl7
09-21-2010, 07:03 PM
My fiance was sentenced to 3 years at 1/2 and was arrested July 9th. He has been at Wasco Reception since August 3rd.
If he gets sent to Fire Camp does he then do 35% of the 3 years, 18months or what ? This is all new to me...... :confused:

For every 2 days that he was in county he will get 1 day credit...so take off how many days credit he gets off those 3 yrs. then divide that in half (for 50%). if he does go to fire camp he will get 35% so just take how ever many days with the credit and times that by .35 and that will give you how many days total he will have to do. the you can calculate the days into how many months that equals. Hope that makes sense.

Woodys#1Lady
09-24-2010, 01:57 PM
For every 2 days that he was in county he will get 1 day credit...so take off how many days credit he gets off those 3 yrs. then divide that in half (for 50%). if he does go to fire camp he will get 35% so just take how ever many days with the credit and times that by .35 and that will give you how many days total he will have to do. the you can calculate the days into how many months that equals. Hope that makes sense.

So if he gets to Fire Camp he'll do 35% of the time he has left? Sorry,
Then I heard something that the 35% don't start until after they are trained and working?

RobbiesGirl7
09-26-2010, 11:36 PM
i dont know about fire camp stuff...Shaa's man was at firecamp...maybe she can help!

Alabasterbox
10-01-2010, 12:36 AM
OK this is the deal and i really keep getting different dates so i just want to be for sure.my daughter was sentence to 2 years for a violent crime with 85%she was arrested on dec 17th 2009 she serve 6 months in the county from that 2 year sentence she had 18 months left to serve the PB told me out of the 18 months with the 85% she would only have to serve 1 year and 19 days.my daughter left to go to prison on june 30th 2010 what is her estimate release date for this sentence term? ok now my daughter left vspw july 29th to fight another case she was sentence to 8 months with 85% she got 60 days credit in the county the PB told me from that 8 months with 85% she would only have to do 6 months from these two cases what is her estimate release date?

Alabasterbox
10-01-2010, 12:42 AM
sorry i forgot to add that she was sentence on june 16th and left for prison on june 30th so that woul be 15 days added after her sentence plus the 30 days she spent at vspw before leaving to go to court

noboundries
10-10-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm attaching a resourse from the Prison Law Office titled 'Calculating Release Dates'

I'm not gonna lie, this can be kinda complex

annamarie408
10-16-2010, 06:39 PM
my husband was arrested 1/5/2010 for grand theft n petty theft he was sentenced 16 months wit half time on 9/21/2010 he had 266 days credit but they transported him to north kern state prison on 10/13/2010 can someone tell me y n when will he get out

luv4cali73
10-19-2010, 01:45 AM
I need help please. My "hubby" has 13 years to life. He has served 16 years and approx 7 months. Sentenced 3/1994. Crime: ATTEMPT /ARMED ROBBERY The calculation PDF file hurt my head to figure out. He was @ Ironwood for 14 years and transferred to Wasco June 2009. Can some one help me with approximate release date? Or his chances @ the Parole Board in March. is all is "I's" are dotted and "T's" are crossed??

moonwatcher
11-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Tell us what state and we will see if we can help you. Since you have California listed as your location I can tell you what the California DOC says, "To locate an inmate within the California Department of Corrections, please call (916) 445-6713, which is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. You must have either the inmate's CDC number, or the inmate's full name and date of birth to receive information. The Inmate Locator/ID Warrants will provide an inmate's location, mailing addresses and relevant phone numbers. The Inmate Locator/ID Warrants will not provide any future release date information. Please note that for new or transferring inmates it can take up to seven business days to update location information."

I am wondering how to find out the release date in Folsom CA. I have the inmate (friend) and his CDC #, but it does not give a release date...is this possible to find some whrere?

John'sBaby
11-04-2010, 07:53 PM
I am wondering how to find out the release date in Folsom CA. I have the inmate (friend) and his CDC #, but it does not give a release date...is this possible to find some whrere?
go to cdc website and go to inmate locator and it will ask you to agree to the terms and then you can type in his cdc # or name. It will not give you a release date. You can write the inmate to find out what his release date is. Good luck

moonwatcher
11-04-2010, 11:16 PM
Hey, thank's for the reply. I am new here and trying to make my way around.
I do have the address and will give that a try. Actually just found him after looking for awhile...

scorpia419
11-12-2010, 04:00 PM
so my man has been off parole for eleven years and just caught a new number and they said 18 with half although before he was transferred he did two months in county jail
realistically what kind of time are we looking at here. they transferred him in october and he did almost exactly two months in la county jail before being transferred to delano he is telling me may but i dont think he really has any idea how would i calculate approx release time from being offically in ca st prison as of basically late october
anyone can help please i am pregnant and need to know

moonwatcher
11-16-2010, 12:01 PM
go to cdc website and go to inmate locator and it will ask you to agree to the terms and then you can type in his cdc # or name. It will not give you a release date. You can write the inmate to find out what his release date is. Good luck

Hi, and thank's for helping . I did find the CDC # and then looked up the phone # for Folom and called them and they were helpful and gave me the release date without any problem...:thumbsup:

MRSCLARK82702
11-23-2010, 11:10 AM
According to my calculations he is right i would say may or june he has approx 233 days to serve in prison so it will probably be closer to june

so my man has been off parole for eleven years and just caught a new number and they said 18 with half although before he was transferred he did two months in county jail
realistically what kind of time are we looking at here. They transferred him in october and he did almost exactly two months in la county jail before being transferred to delano he is telling me may but i dont think he really has any idea how would i calculate approx release time from being offically in ca st prison as of basically late october
anyone can help please i am pregnant and need to know

waitting4him
12-04-2010, 12:01 AM
my love got sentenced to 12 years it says he has to do 10 years consecutive and the other concurrent. what does that mean? how much time is he actually gonna do?? and its 85 percent. can someone help me calculate? thanks

Tom_Greene
12-04-2010, 03:15 AM
Your post does not make sense to me. If he was sentenced to 12 years he would hit his 85 percent at a tad over 10 years. They do not split a single sentence into consecutive and concurrent.

DaMeS_GiRl88
12-04-2010, 07:14 PM
85 percent of 12 years is some where around 11 years. But I'm confused about 10 years consecutive and the other concurrent and that equals 12 years?

wonderheidi
12-04-2010, 09:19 PM
I have no clue even where to begin here...My Husband was sentenced to 16 with half. He has credit for time served already in County. The judge gave him credit for 230days (actual) when he really served 330 (actual) back in 2008. So I guess for my first question....when he gets to State will they figure out this calculation error? This doesnt even include his good conduct credits.

This is his first time to prison...and by the judges (Incorrect) calculation he is looking at 3 months. If he gets up to state and re-calculate him then they will see he has served all of his time already...my question is does he have to say in Prison for 90days to "Get a number" in recieving? Or does he come home when his time is up regaurdless of where he is in the prison madness?

Also- someone told me that the time you are waiting in county to "Catch the bus" up to prison does not count as state time served?? Anyone know the truth of it?

newprisonwife
12-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Hi and welcome to PTO. I wish I could help you but I'm not sure how California does things. Go The California forum on here they might be able to give you the info you want. Good luck.

CollegeSenior11
12-05-2010, 12:52 AM
Hello ladies! I have 2 questions:
1. if I call the prison will they tell me my brother's release date?
2. he is in for petty theft, so does that mean he will do 50% of the time since it is non-violent?

Thank you in advance!

DaMeS_GiRl88
12-05-2010, 01:07 AM
2. he is in for petty theft, so does that mean he will do 50% of the time since it is non-violent?

Thank you in advance!

Usually non violent offenders do 50 percent

MitosWifee!
12-05-2010, 01:12 AM
Usually non violent offenders do 50 percent

Unless he has a strike prior then it could be 80% for non-violent..Thats what my Hubby got...

MitosWifee!
12-05-2010, 01:15 AM

Thank you in advance!

No..They wont tell you his release date..He could be doing 50%..My Husband has a strike prior so hes doing 80% for a non-violent crime..

CollegeSenior11
12-05-2010, 01:20 AM
No..They wont tell you his release date..He could be doing 50%..My Husband has a strike prior so hes doing 80% for a non-violent crime..

Oh, I see. Yea it could be 80% because he told me something about a prior. Awww that sucks! but thanks for your help! :)

MitosWifee!
12-05-2010, 02:32 AM
Oh, I see. Yea it could be 80% because he told me something about a prior. Awww that sucks! but thanks for your help! :)

He should know his release date..When they are in reception the get their ERD..

christinatc
12-29-2010, 02:14 PM
my boyfriend was sentenced to 365 + 365 +120 +15 days how much time will he have to do is there a percentage rate on the sent.
:p

DaMeS_GiRl88
12-29-2010, 02:18 PM
He was sentenced to 365+365+120+15 did you add that up and what state are you in?

Shari
12-29-2010, 05:28 PM
my boyfriend was sentenced to 365 + 365 +120 +15 days how much time will he have to do is there a percentage rate on the sent.
:p

Yes there is a percent rate. It depends upon the type of crime he was sentenced for and if there was any strikes.

Non-violent offenders serve 50% of their sentence. Violent Offenders serve 85% and second strikers serve 80% (I think that is correct I always get those two mixed up and if I am wrong someone will come and correct me)

Also to be able to give you a better answer we would need to know if he was a violent or non-violent offender and if he had any strikes, also it would help to know what the credits were that he got at sentencing.

Nina Davis
12-29-2010, 06:03 PM
my husband was given 6 yrs and on the court papers it says: New PC4019 (1/2 time).....does anyone know if that means he "is" eligible for half time???

ganto2010
12-31-2010, 08:33 AM
anyone know what an inmates tenitive release date is he says he's getting out in 2012 and so i called the prison and they said he's not getting out untill 2020

CandyLove
01-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Hey I'm a little confused about our situation...so, my man is currently serving 85% for a non violent crime. But he has done time previously for violent crime..Here's my question, is he serving 85% b cuz he is a 2nd striker or b cuz he's still being labeled as a violent offender from his prior sentence?? Thank u, to anybody who can help!

noboundries
01-01-2011, 05:37 PM
anyone know what an inmates tenitive release date is he says he's getting out in 2012 and so i called the prison and they said he's not getting out untill 2020

Is it possible that 2012 is his EPRD (early possible release date) and that 2020 his his max date??? Tell him what they told you and see what he says....or you can call parole/records back and ask is the 2020 a max or EPDR.

angelatrevino1
01-07-2011, 12:39 AM
ok my husband is in a ccf and is doing 9 mons flat time and i found out he got caught with a knife and is in the hole can n e body tell me if hell get time added and about how long plz!:(

carla510
01-07-2011, 12:41 AM
I think for dat u will have to ask him in a letter. he can get maybe 3months or more

Harv*sGirl
01-07-2011, 01:37 AM
It really depends. My BF was in on a term and they found a razor blade in his cell. They charged both him and his cellie with it in criminal court. In the end his celly got the time for it. IDK how much time. I do know that they both had to appear in crimial court in Solano County because they were at CSP Solano. I have not heard of other prisons doing this but my BF caught TWO new criminal cases while at solano! :eek:

I hope it is different for your man and that they just give him a 115 or something!

SHAKIRA2010
01-13-2011, 02:07 AM
I am confused here, my Bf pleaded guilty to violation of civil code 2945.4 foreclosure fraud. During this time he was on probation for a conviction pc245 assualt with a deadkly weapon and served a sentence of 365 days county time. When he entered into this plea agreement, he agreed to plead guilty to the civil code 2945.4, according to the last paper he received on the day of his sentence he was sentenced to 2 years prision time. The doc says: credit for time served: 160 days and then 160 days pc4019(b)(1)(c)(1) total days of credit 320. According to his attorney he needed to serve an additional 45 days physical time, well turns out that he sent me a letter saying that his release date is not until July 2, 2011. On his first count pc2945 checked in 7-5-07 release date 2-8-08, then on the second one, he went in to custody on 6-30-010 and was sentenced on 12-6-10, The total amount of crdit time served do not add up, so i guess the question is Can the judge take away days of time served, What can I don on my end to set the record straight? He still in reception and has not been seen by a counselor, he thinks that maybe they are not giving him full crdit for the time he served on the first case... Am i not adding the time right, I came up with a total of 407 days instead of 320...Thank you

GKTz_gurl
01-13-2011, 11:43 AM
This release date thing is so confusing! Please help me figure this out! My boyfriend was arrested on 8/29/10 for an old warrant for a non violent crime. On 9/23/10 the judge sentenced him to 16 months with credit for 75 days at 50%. He transferred to state on 11/9/2010. To date, he has still not seen the counselor but when I called records, they gave me a release date of May 1st. This cannot be right! Can this date be changed when he sees the counselor? Or are they really going to keep him for the full 8 months? If you can recalculate.... please help me make this make sense! Thanks in advance!!!

coffeeluvr
01-13-2011, 11:57 AM
I can't figure out my son's release date either. They gave him 3 months more than the calculation. I need to call records and have them explain it to me.

Shari
01-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Hey I'm a little confused about our situation...so, my man is currently serving 85% for a non violent crime. But he has done time previously for violent crime..Here's my question, is he serving 85% b cuz he is a 2nd striker or b cuz he's still being labeled as a violent offender from his prior sentence?? Thank u, to anybody who can help!

He is serving 85% because if his second strike.

Shari
01-13-2011, 01:06 PM
This release date thing is so confusing! Please help me figure this out! My boyfriend was arrested on 8/29/10 for an old warrant for a non violent crime. On 9/23/10 the judge sentenced him to 16 months with credit for 75 days at 50%. He transferred to state on 11/9/2010. To date, he has still not seen the counselor but when I called records, they gave me a release date of May 1st. This cannot be right! Can this date be changed when he sees the counselor? Or are they really going to keep him for the full 8 months? If you can recalculate.... please help me make this make sense! Thanks in advance!!!

No that is correct the time does not start until he is transfered to state. Here is the math

Sentenced to 16 months = 480 days
480 days at 50% = 240 less credits 75 days = 165 days which comes to 5.5 months.
Got to state on 11/9 that means the release date is about 5/1/10 you add the 5.5 months to 11/9 and come outwith the EPRD.

Hope that helps you understand it better.

Gryphon
01-13-2011, 04:50 PM
I need more information. There may be dual use of credits issues here. Credits only go to one case, not more than one case. The "missing" credits may have been applied to the 245.
So: Was he serving the 365 days on the 245 during the time the new case was pending? (This would include sitting in custody after a VOP was filed on that case. Was the 245 a felony, and if so what happened on the VOP? Was it a misdemeanor, and if so what happened on the VOP?

You need to get some court documents to help you sort this out. I'd suggest a sentence abstract (aka abstract of judgement), transcripts of the sentencing (purchased from the court reporter) and a change of plea transcripts. If the 2 cases were on calendar at the same time, you will be working with 2 files.

Armed with this, you should be able to tell if you have a problem.

He should also write to his trial attorney with his credit questions to see if there is a simple answer or an easy fix.

I am confused here, my Bf pleaded guilty to violation of civil code 2945.4 foreclosure fraud. During this time he was on probation for a conviction pc245 assualt with a deadkly weapon and served a sentence of 365 days county time. When he entered into this plea agreement, he agreed to plead guilty to the civil code 2945.4, according to the last paper he received on the day of his sentence he was sentenced to 2 years prision time. The doc says: credit for time served: 160 days and then 160 days pc4019(b)(1)(c)(1) total days of credit 320. According to his attorney he needed to serve an additional 45 days physical time, well turns out that he sent me a letter saying that his release date is not until July 2, 2011. On his first count pc2945 checked in 7-5-07 release date 2-8-08, then on the second one, he went in to custody on 6-30-010 and was sentenced on 12-6-10, The total amount of crdit time served do not add up, so i guess the question is Can the judge take away days of time served, What can I don on my end to set the record straight? He still in reception and has not been seen by a counselor, he thinks that maybe they are not giving him full crdit for the time he served on the first case... Am i not adding the time right, I came up with a total of 407 days instead of 320...Thank you

mrs.andre
01-13-2011, 04:51 PM
my husband had surgery, got hook on morphine from the surgery, got caught with some drug and went to the hole.has release date for end of first season. will he get more time, have to stay in the hole til release date, or more parole time added on??? please someone help me and the kids..he has done 14 years in CDC..HELP HELP HELP....

myfreedom2010
01-13-2011, 05:50 PM
ok my husband is in a ccf and is doing 9 mons flat time and i found out he got caught with a knife and is in the hole can n e body tell me if hell get time added and about how long plz!:(

I use to be in prison and what they can get is what is called a DOC infraction/charge - this means if they charge him and he is convicted in the prison he could just get time in the hole - he could get some of his good time taken away - he could get all his good time away and hopefully he is lucky enough to not pull a "street charge":eek:

Either way right now he is in the hole and he is in trouble for the "shank" hopefully they will just charge him with a "contraband" charge -

How long has he been in the hole and when is his release date projected? I would venture to say if he hasn't been in trouble prior to this he should make out okay:o

hope all works out for you:)

myfreedom2010
01-13-2011, 05:54 PM
my husband had surgery, got hook on morphine from the surgery, got caught with some drug and went to the hole.has release date for end of first season. will he get more time, have to stay in the hole til release date, or more parole time added on??? please someone help me and the kids..he has done 14 years in CDC..HELP HELP HELP....

Okay sweetie calm down:) When is he expected to be release? The hole is a place you go when you do get into trouble - honestly as I told the last girl I was an inmate adviser to the woman where I was in prison (I represented them when they got DOC infractions) - if he got caught with drugs he could get a possible charge of contraband which is a very low charge - if they charge him with prescription drugs that are not his and they found out who administered them to him (via another inmate) they both can be charged - If he has done 14 years and has a clean record I don't think his punishment is going to be that harsh - I would venture to say that you should write him and ask him what they are charging him with - again most likely it is a DOC infraction:)

Hope this helps you!:thumbsup:

2sleepy
01-14-2011, 08:55 AM
It largely depends what county they are in, the DA routinely charges inmates with almost all criminal referrals in Solano, and all the Central Valley Counties (i.e. Kern, Kings etc.) Los Angeles, Marin, and San Diego only file criminal charges in more serious cases. Sometimes if they have a decent counselor, you can call them and ask what to expect in cases like this...

GKTz_gurl
01-14-2011, 12:46 PM
No that is correct the time does not start until he is transfered to state. Here is the math

Sentenced to 16 months = 480 days
480 days at 50% = 240 less credits 75 days = 165 days which comes to 5.5 months.
Got to state on 11/9 that means the release date is about 5/1/10 you add the 5.5 months to 11/9 and come outwith the EPRD.

Hope that helps you understand it better.

I appreciate your help! And it does make sense, but I'm confused because what happened to the time that he was in county? He was in the county for 47 more days after seeing the judge. I was told that time counted at 35%? Am I mistaken??

waitting4him
01-15-2011, 09:32 AM
[QUOTE=Tom_Greene;5814886]Your post does not make sense to me. If he was sentenced to 12 years he would hit his 85 percent at a tad over 10 years. They do not split a single sentence into consecutive and concurrent.[/QU ------------------------------------------------------------Sorry for not explaining it good. Im gonna try again. He got 3 different charges first is 16 months second is 2 years those run concurrent and third charge he was sentenced to 10 years n those r consecutive. So how much time is he actually gonna do? Also its 85%. Hopefully i explained it good..

haleangie2318
01-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Hello everyone,
Okay, some of you may know. I have been on a countdown for almost 3 weeks now, his release from Chino was set for Jan 13th. I flew almost 1900 miles (planned) from KY to CA only to walk up to the prison and the lady came out handed me a map to the east yard and in big red ink pen marks was printed FEB 28. We was told his time counted from 10-15-10 now they say it counted when they got ahold of him (opened his file for extradition) Nov 30... they picked him up from Ky on 12-7 so now we have to wait another 43 days!:mad::confused:

Bishop's Wife
01-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me. My husband Was sentenced to 16 months with half time with a 110 days time served. He was arrested sept 20th. Any idea of when he will get out. he didnt get shipped to SQSP until dec 27th. When he went to court they said he half time started that day. Thanks for your help in ADVANCE

LadyBlackz
01-15-2011, 10:11 PM
So prolly around 8 months then minus another 3 months or so...Check on your DOC website it should be updated already

Goonswifey
01-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Weapons are serious 115's which usually result in a d.a. Referral. He could get additional time. I've seen inmates get 1 year for having a weapon, more for multiple weapons. In cdcr. Don't know about any other states

CrazyMailMan
01-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Just to express agreement with Goon, they can give up yo a year. The same as if a parolee is found to be in posession of an illegal knife (more than 2"), for which is normally given a flat year violation. Weapons are not taken lightly within the CDC...sorry to omit the R, but it is what it is....

celina c
01-20-2011, 06:09 PM
i wanted to know if anyone can help me figure out my bf's release date...he was arrested on 06/09/10 and he picked up a parole violation(a flat year) and a new charge that was dismissed with 180 county credit he was sent to wasco 01/18/11...so im thinking he will be out by june but im not sure???

MamaLion56
01-30-2011, 01:06 AM
Hey Everyone! My Hubbie has been in LA COUNTY JAIL(Wayside) for about a little over a year now he is already SP4 & just waitin to catch the bus and get send upstate. He doesnt have much time left. he got sentenced to 3yrs and when he got sentenced he got credited with 958days credits. work time/good time. So My questions are the following... How does it work once he is no longer in The LACOUNTY System.? All i know is he goes to reception and we might not have any communication as in phone action for 3 months!! BUT that all i know.. When he goes to reception how long will he be there for? is his first time going to prison. && does he see a conselour before or after they asign him a facility? does any one have an estimated on when will he be out by the current information i have provided with here? anything that any of you girls/guys know will help.. i really dont know what to expect & neither does he.. i kinda always like to be alert .. & know how things might go down. so i would love to hear what you guys know (ANYTHING) THANKS! :):cool::thumbsup:;) . . .(HE IS DOING HALF TIME)

toadyy
02-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Hey Everyone! My Hubbie has been in LA COUNTY JAIL(Wayside) for about a little over a year now he is already SP4 & just waitin to catch the bus and get send upstate. He doesnt have much time left. he got sentenced to 3yrs and when he got sentenced he got credited with 958days credits. work time/good time. So My questions are the following... How does it work once he is no longer in The LACOUNTY System.? All i know is he goes to reception and we might not have any communication as in phone action for 3 months!! BUT that all i know.. When he goes to reception how long will he be there for? is his first time going to prison. && does he see a conselour before or after they asign him a facility? does any one have an estimated on when will he be out by the current information i have provided with here? anything that any of you girls/guys know will help.. i really dont know what to expect & neither does he.. i kinda always like to be alert .. & know how things might go down. so i would love to hear what you guys know (ANYTHING) THANKS! :):cool::thumbsup:;) . . .(HE IS DOING HALF TIME)

When he gets to a State Prison he can be in reception/receiving from 30-90 days. He will see his counselor just before he goes over "the wall/mainlined" to permanent housing. He can not make an phone calls unless its an "emergency" while in reception/receiving. He can receive and write mail. So find out what the mail rules are at what ever facility he is at. See if you can send him paper, stamps, envelops and pictures. Every facility is different in what it allows. Ask him to send you a Visitors form ASAP. It will take 4-6 weeks before you are approved for visiting.

If he is doing half time for a 3 year sentence and already has more than a year credit. It sounds like he will be out in less than 6 months.

MamaLion56
02-02-2011, 08:42 PM
THANKS! i guess we wont know exactly the date he will be out until after the day he sees his counselor. correct? praying he comes home soon. thanks again! ;)

E.RICA.RDO
02-09-2011, 06:33 AM
Hi All!!
I've been going crazy trying to come up with some sort of release date for my love..maybe you can help??
Here's all the info:

Date sentenced: 02-18-2010
Sentenced to: 1825 days (5 years)
Credit for: 121 days (they only gave him 10 days extra)
He has to do 85% of his time.

Can you please give me a Date? MM/DD/YYYY
I would really be grateful! Thank you!

Here's a few links that i thought would be helpful.. but i kept getting confused..:confused:
Add or Subtract from a Date (http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html)
Online Percentage Calculator (http://www.onlineconversion.com/percentcalc.htm)

dragon_92503
02-11-2011, 12:47 AM
Hi All!!
I've been going crazy trying to come up with some sort of release date for my love..maybe you can help??
Here's all the info:

Date sentenced: 02-18-2010
Sentenced to: 1825 days (5 years)
He has to do 85% of his time.

Can you please give me a Date? MM/DD/YYYY
I would really be grateful! Thank you!

Here's a few links that i thought would be helpful.. but i kept getting confused..:confused:
Add or Subtract from a Date (http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html)
Online Percentage Calculator (http://www.onlineconversion.com/percentcalc.htm)

so I came up with 1448.4 days needing to be served and using the first link you put it came up with Wednesday, February 5, 2014 as his release date.

Da_Baby
02-11-2011, 01:17 AM
[quote=E.RICA.RDO;5952250]Hi All!!
??? this is odd, how many 'total' days was he 'in custody' up into sentencing?

Ranskum1
02-15-2011, 04:07 PM
My question is will he be doing the full 180 or will there be conduct credit added on?

SERVE 180 DAYS IN A SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY JAIL FACILITY,
WITH CREDIT FOR TIME SERVED, A MATTER OF 40 DAYS,
PLUS CONDUCT CREDIT PURSUANT TO 1-PC4019 ND ABIDE BY ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE FACILITY
WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF COUNTY PAROLE.
OLD_PC4019 (1/3 TIME)
COMMITMENT ISSUED (STRAIGHT SENTENCE).

GodGotDis
02-16-2011, 04:14 AM
hello my love did 645 days in the county before going to state prison. how many days credit should he have gotten for doing those 645 days in la county?

FaithfulSister
02-24-2011, 12:07 AM
Hi there everyone, I am new here not to mention lost and confused. My brother is looking at prison time. He was sentenced 2/14/11, Judge gave him 2 years state prison with half time and credit for 196 days. He is currently in County Jail. Can someone please help me? How do we know when he will be coming home? It's his first offense, first time in County Jail and now he's on his way to prison. We've heard so many different things on calculating time.

ilymag2005
03-07-2011, 04:15 AM
I'm new to all of this and i would love the help plese.. My boyfriend was arrested 1/8/2010, and has been fighting his case since. He just signed a deal on 2/4/2011 to five years with a strike and a gang enhancement. It was a violent crime and as I've been reading it says violent crimes don't recieve half time. Well the only reason my boyfriend signed was because his public defender said he would do half of the five. Anyhow they gave him another court date 3/8/2011 to speak about credit him for time served and fire camp, but he was picked up 2/22/2011 and was sent to tehachapi reception center. His whole case is confusing and i understand he nor i wont know a thing about a release date until he speaks to a counselor. But I would just like to know a possible date.. So if any of you ladies would spare the time to calculate this for me, I'd rally apprcate it. thank you so much
---sabrina

sunangel111
03-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi there everyone, I am new here not to mention lost and confused. My brother is looking at prison time. He was sentenced 2/14/11, Judge gave him 2 years state prison with half time and credit for 196 days. He is currently in County Jail. Can someone please help me? How do we know when he will be coming home? It's his first offense, first time in County Jail and now he's on his way to prison. We've heard so many different things on calculating time.

I have a copy of CDCR Form 1897 that they use to calculate EPRD (Earliest Possible Release Date). I recreated it in excel with all the formulas and based on the info you provided (196 days credit and 2 years at half time), his release date would be 11/8/11.

Whitzerland
03-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Does anyone know if prisoners get legal representation at their parole board hearings?

bpkp1114
03-10-2011, 01:45 AM
Does anyone know if prisoners get legal representation at their parole board hearings?

when my husband went in front of the parole board he had an attorney, he met up with him prior to the hearing too.

bpkp1114
03-10-2011, 01:47 AM
my husband was arrested and booked january 20, 2011. They gave him 10 months with half, 150 days.. can anyone help with an accurate release date?

Alabasterbox
03-10-2011, 02:19 AM
If your case was ran consecutive do you get time severed daughter was not given her 4 months time serve in the county because they say her case was ran consective

sunangel111
03-10-2011, 05:25 PM
my husband was arrested and booked january 20, 2011. They gave him 10 months with half, 150 days.. can anyone help with an accurate release date?

County or state time? It's usually county if it's less than a year. If he wasn't sentenced to state prison then he would only get 1/3 time credit (would have to do 2/3 time) per the new law passed this past September no longer allowing for day for day for county sentences. Those sentenced to state prison would get half time while in state and county. Let me know and we'll go from there.

Note: if the offense was committed between Jan. 25, 2010 and Sep. 27, 2010 then he would be entitled to day for day (half time) county time.

bpkp1114
03-10-2011, 06:32 PM
County or state time? It's usually county if it's less than a year. If he wasn't sentenced to state prison then he would only get 1/3 time credit (would have to do 2/3 time) per the new law passed this past September no longer allowing for day for day for county sentences. Those sentenced to state prison would get half time while in state and county. Let me know and we'll go from there.

Note: if the offense was committed between Jan. 25, 2010 and Sep. 27, 2010 then he would be entitled to day for day (half time) county time.

he is in for a violation, he absconded effective 12/15/10. he was caught 1/20/11. he was sentenced 10 months with half, 150 days, on feb. 25, they recently transferred him to dvi.. he is in reception until he goes to a mainline..

sunangel111
03-10-2011, 07:27 PM
he is in for a violation, he absconded effective 12/15/10. he was caught 1/20/11. he was sentenced 10 months with half, 150 days, on feb. 25, they recently transferred him to dvi.. he is in reception until he goes to a mainline..

Oooh, sorry, not sure about the parole violation process and if they go from date of arrest or hearing/sentencing date AND if they gave him county time credits and what they were. If it's from 1/20/11 then I got 6/21/11 as his release date. Whether or not he was awarded any county time credits may affect that date slightly.

bpkp1114
03-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Oooh, sorry, not sure about the parole violation process and if they go from date of arrest or hearing/sentencing date AND if they gave him county time credits and what they were. If it's from 1/20/11 then I got 6/21/11 as his release date. Whether or not he was awarded any county time credits may affect that date slightly.

i know he got time served... i counted days and i dont know how i got 6/18...

sunangel111
03-10-2011, 09:39 PM
i know he got time served... i counted days and i dont know how i got 6/18...

I'm assuming you arrived at 150 (half) by multiplying 10 months by 30 and dividing it in half? He didn't get 300 days, he got 10 months and there are 30-31 days in a month and they go by EXACTLY the number of days in his term to serve. That might be where the difference is in what you came up with.:)

sunangel111
03-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Im really confused about the amended PC4019 and how it applies to my daughter who is in county jail. :confused:
Hoping someone with more knowledge can educate me.
The crime she was sentenced for yesterday (3/09/2001) was actually committed on 11/24/2009. This will sound corny, bad but she didnt actually commit the crime, her b/f did and asked her to take the charge as he had a record and hers was clean, she did that against our advice! :o
She was originally sentenced on 1/10/2010 to 3 yrs formal probation and 120 dys in county of which she had to serve 10 dys actually in custody the rest as work release. During this time we moved to another county and she couldnt get to the work release which was in our old county (she had just turned 18 and had no DL or car and we both worked) so a felony warrent was issued last july (2010).
She also got in trouble in our new county with the same b/f and was put on probation here. That was revoked in January 2011 and she went to jail here (her b/f was a heroin addict and then she started using too) so her probation was revoked because she was again using with him and it was reported. The original crime was him breaking a car window and stealing a purse, the DA charged burglary, petty theft and defrauding the property of another.
So when her sentence in this county was done (3 months) she was transferred to the other and held til she saw the judge.
The DDA had paperwork all ready to send her to state prison for 16 months, but her probation officer (who took over her case after the warrant was issued said he didnt want her to serve time, just come back to our county where she will be doing drug court for a year, transfer her probation/case to this county and continue her probation. He knew she owed time in that county but was hoping they would apply some credit for the time she'd served in this county, no such luck. :(
Her public defender was able to get the DDA to okay her serving the balance of her original sentence. She signed for that, her public defender said she would actually serve about 47 days because the judge gave her CTS of 14 dys plus 14 dys persuant to PC4019. That would leave 92 days net, of which he said shed serve the 47 days.
when the judge actually sentenced her he wasnt happy about the deal but didnt override it and sentenced her to 92 days.
Our daughter called us last night and said she'd worked it out and her release date would be april 25th, then called again this morning and said the jail had it as may 10th. Would I call and find out the discrepancy!
I did call and the deputy agreed there was some kind of mistake and she had a supervisor working to correct it and we'd have an answer by Saturday.
Then I started reading the 4019 news and am so worried because im not sure if she'll get half time , it almost seems that it'll be a 1/3 time off so now her release date may be further away! Maybe I shouldnt have called!
Im sorry this is long but i wanted to be sure and include dates of sentence, crime and the crime as it may help someone with a good understanding of this penal code figure out what the hecks going on. :confused:
My husband and I know nothing about the system, except what we've learned through our daughter.
Im hoping someone may be able to help me understand what time she will actually need to serve.
On the bright side she never wants to see this guy again, yay! :)
concerned, confused and hopeful.

As far as I can tell she is only getting 1/3 off postsentence. That would equate to the difference in date to May 10. I'm not sure, but it may be that that is all she is entitled to since the actual offense (probation revocation) occurred after the passing of SB 76 this past September reverting back to pre-SB 3X 18 time allowing only 1/3 credit for county time. She does appear to be getting the day for day (half time) that the judge gave her and even though that's what the judge ordered, it doesn't mean it was in accordance with the law. It also doesn't mean that they will change what was already ordered so it may be better to leave it alone if in fact she should have only been awarded actual + half.

All the recent changes has made it all confusing and the judge will usually just order what is submitted to him regarding credits.

sam&steph
03-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Hi, i am also new here. just wondering if anyone could possibly help estimate a release date for my husband. thanks so much
arrest date 5-8-10
sentenced date appx. 10-15-10
arrival in wasco 11-1-10
mainlined 02-07-11

thanks again for the help!

sunangel111
03-12-2011, 11:07 AM
I'd be happy to help but, you left out 2 very important details:
1. The length of term he was sentenced to and whether he is limited to 50%, 20%, or 15% and;

2. What presentence credits were awarded by the judge at sentencing.

If you don't know the amount of presentence credits, I can give you 2 dates based on arrest date to sentencing date depending on if the judge gave him day for day or actual plus half. If the "offense" occurred between Jan. 25 and Sep. 27 last year (based on arrest date, I'm assuming it did) then it would be day for day for state sentences UNLESS, he's EVER been convicted of a prior serious OR violent felony even though this offense may not be. In that case it would be actual + half. It's a crapshoot as to whether the DA, PD (or private atorney), and judge FULLY understand the details of this particular law and what they will go by. My husband was awarded day for day by the judge, but he was only entitled to actual + half. CDC generally won't argue what the judge ordered but they will figure out the "postsentence" credits on their worksheet properly. So my husband only got actual + half on his postsentence credits since he was convicted of a prior serious/violent felony. It's important if you want an accurate date that you let me know if he's EVER been convicted of a serious/violent felony.

When he mainlined really doesn't factor in, but it would help if you are certain about the sentencing date.

Just realized something...if he was mainlined on 2/7/11 doesn't he already know his date? They would have given him that when he saw his counselor before he was mainlined.

Hi, i am also new here. just wondering if anyone could possibly help estimate a release date for my husband. thanks so much
arrest date 5-8-10
sentenced date appx. 10-15-10
arrival in wasco 11-1-10
mainlined 02-07-11

thanks again for the help!

lovely03
03-12-2011, 11:29 AM
hello can you help me is there a chane mines could come home before is release date hes was first locked up in october of last year for three months came home on bail he was sentenced to three years in jan of this year and when i added up the time it adds up to 27 months this is not his first offense he did time 4 years ago for the same crime he dosent have a min sentence and is eligiable for parole in oct of this year

sunangel111
03-12-2011, 12:33 PM
I wish I could help, but none of your dates appear to add up?? If he was first locked up in October last year and was sentenced to 3 years in January, then it would be 18 months from October if he's doing half time and that puts his EPRD at approximately sometime in April, 2012.

How is it that he's eligible for parole this October? And I'm not sure where your figure of 27 months is coming from.

And I don't understand when you say he doesn't have a minimum sentence yet you say he was sentenced to 3 years?

But yes, if he's not required to do 80% or 85%, then he can get out earlier than his initial EPRD by completing milestone credits. Max reduction is 6 weeks per year.

hello can you help me is there a chane mines could come home before is release date hes was first locked up in october of last year for three months came home on bail he was sentenced to three years in jan of this year and when i added up the time it adds up to 27 months this is not his first offense he did time 4 years ago for the same crime he dosent have a min sentence and is eligiable for parole in oct of this year

lovely03
03-12-2011, 01:42 PM
im sorry for the confusion he was arrested oct 2009 he was bailed out jan 2010 he was out on bail until he got sentenced jan 2011 he recieved 3 years i looked him up on the doc it says he eligiable for parole oct 2011 and his release date is april 2013 is max term is 3 years his minuim term says none i counted from jan 2011 to april 2013 and came up with 27 months

sunangel111
03-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Is this a California case? I'm not aware of any way to lookup a California inmate and find out when they're eligible for parole.

im sorry for the confusion he was arrested oct 2009 he was bailed out jan 2010 he was out on bail until he got sentenced jan 2011 he recieved 3 years i looked him up on the doc it says he eligiable for parole oct 2011 and his release date is april 2013 is max term is 3 years his minuim term says none i counted from jan 2011 to april 2013 and came up with 27 months

cvillarreal14
03-12-2011, 03:07 PM
my husband got arrested in nov.2009 he was sentenced march 2010 four years with eighty % can anyone help me get an estimate of his release date.

AnneRed420
03-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Hellooooo... My man sent a request form while he was in WASCO asking for his Earliest Possible Release Date (EPRD). It was sent back to him saying "No ERPD posted. Tentative release 08/26/2011. Can anyone else help figure out what that date might be or if he has a EPRD?

He was arrested 06/20/2010
Sentenced 06/29/2010 to 28 months w/half time
Caught chain to WASCO 07/20/2010
Mainlined in November to Delano C.C.F. where he has a job with a pay number & is in a milestone program on a waiting list to participate.

We have asked in DCCF if he had a EPRD but still no reply. Does anyone else know what it might be??? :hmm::hee:

sunangel111
03-12-2011, 10:03 PM
8/26/11 is the date that I got using cdc's calculation worksheet. The one thing that can affect it slightly is whether a prisoner:

1. is required to register as a sex offender;
2. was committed for a serious felony; or
3. has a prior conviction for a serious felony or a violent felony.

If none of those apply, he would get day for day postsentence credits while still in county custody up to date of transfer to state. Then the date would be 8/21/11. Maybe that issue is still being researched and determined in his case and that's why it's only tentative??

What credits were awarded by the judge at sentencing AND is he ineligible for day for day postsentence based on any of the above stated reasons?

Hellooooo... My man sent a request form while he was in WASCO asking for his Earliest Possible Release Date (EPRD). It was sent back to him saying "No ERPD posted. Tentative release 08/26/2011. Can anyone else help figure out what that date might be or if he has a EPRD?

He was arrested 06/20/2010
Sentenced 06/29/2010 to 28 months w/half time
Caught chain to WASCO 07/20/2010
Mainlined in November to Delano C.C.F. where he has a job with a pay number & is in a milestone program on a waiting list to participate.

We have asked in DCCF if he had a EPRD but still no reply. Does anyone else know what it might be??? :hmm::hee:

sunangel111
03-12-2011, 10:06 PM
A year in and he doesn't know???

my husband got arrested in nov.2009 he was sentenced march 2010 four years with eighty % can anyone help me get an estimate of his release date.