View Full Version : vonage

LorriKiser
06-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Ok, was searching for my post and reply from a very helpful person but can't find it...I had given up on vonage too soon after getting the "line has block" message from gtl. So, i set up a new vonage account, the call came in to add my number to his list, I called gtl and the recording again says a block, call local phone company...i am not going to give up this time. I'm sure he's tried to call already, which should've fixed the 'glitch' in the gtl system about the block. any suggestions??? thanks in advance

Soc7
06-08-2008, 09:47 AM
I had the same problem. I had to get a new Vonage number and set up the pre-paid account before he attempted to put the new number on his list (which, I suppose prevents the line from being blocked, because Vonage does not allow collect calls). Also, when I set up my pre-paid account, I had to talk to a GTL rep. instead of just setting it up through the automated system. (they had put my money in the wrong account!!!). I hope this helps...good luck!

hughesgirl
06-09-2008, 11:07 PM
The inmate needs to call your new phone number several times. They say it is to show someone is trying to call. He needs to call several times a day. It is never the home phone company, it is always GTL. It also won't work it you have more than one line at GTL. If you know someone that uses gtl then call on their line, but when a live person answers then tell that you had to use a friends phone to find out about yours.Another number to gtl is 1-866-230-7761 good luck

inmate_lover
06-10-2008, 06:32 AM
1-800-844-6591 that is the number to correctional billing services . I dont know if its available where you are but its worth a try . They are who I used when joe was down . They are a pre-paid service and you can have several phone numbers and approved account users on one account . His parents and I used to share the account to help eashother in the costs . Also with Vonage you can have the area code to where your man is which lowers the cost of the calls and you can also forward any calls to any phone number.

Good luck...

MDF1965
06-11-2008, 07:48 PM
1-800-844-6591 that is the number to correctional billing services . I dont know if its available where you are but its worth a try . They are who I used when joe was down . They are a pre-paid service and you can have several phone numbers and approved account users on one account . His parents and I used to share the account to help eashother in the costs . Also with Vonage you can have the area code to where your man is which lowers the cost of the calls and you can also forward any calls to any phone number.

Good luck...
Do you mean you had both CorrBillingService AND Vonage at the same time?? How did the Vonage work out when they don't allow collect calls and how does the inmate make a call from a pay phone in the prison when they don't have money? I'm cornfused! :)

Thanks! You can PM me if you'd like. My son is in Michigan UP right now.