View Full Version : address is different on my license

kole1984
06-07-2008, 04:38 PM
i'm just wondering if my visit will get denied b/c my address on my ID is different then my actual address.. here when u go change ur address u just write it on the back of ur ID.. i haven't gone there yet b/c DMV is always closed when i'm NOT working.. i should be able to do it in a few weeks though b/c i'm getting outta work a lil early.. my man is about 4 1/2 hours away so if i drive out there just to not be able to see him i'll be mad!!

thatwiz
06-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Why don't you call and ask. I'd hate you to go so far and get turned away over that

cmr822
06-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Why don't you call and ask. I'd hate you to go so far and get turned away over that

I agree. But I have the same issue, my license has a different address and it hasn't been a problem.

kole1984
06-07-2008, 05:19 PM
I agree. But I have the same issue, my license has a different address and it hasn't been a problem.

is ur man in a federal prison??? on the 20th of this month i'm leaving work early so i'll prob stop at DMV on my way home.. but i know last time i changed my address they just write it on the back of ur id and change in computer

Pebb
06-07-2008, 05:29 PM
I Had A Problem With That The Co Wasnt Gonna Let Me In But I Went To Another Person And They Did So It All Depends On What Mood There In

cmr822
06-07-2008, 07:25 PM
is ur man in a federal prison??? on the 20th of this month i'm leaving work early so i'll prob stop at DMV on my way home.. but i know last time i changed my address they just write it on the back of ur id and change in computer

No he is in state, not federal. If you feel it could be an issue, I would be on the safe side and call.

robertegarrett
06-07-2008, 07:48 PM
If they want to be hard-assed, your ID must match inmate records. I routinely give them my change of address card when I visit and they routinely pass it back to me, without ever looiking at it.
It obviously dpends on whether the admitting CO had a good last night.

foreverwaiting
06-07-2008, 08:48 PM
geeze i hope its not an issue cuz i have a new jersey lisence and now live in tn... hopfully i wont be denied.

Munches623
06-07-2008, 10:09 PM
if u feel you are going to have a problem call... i got married and my last name is different than what is on his records and i got let in...