View Full Version : Global Telling is Really CORRECTIONAL BILLING SERVICES

twannaray
06-06-2008, 07:28 PM
I have had a time trying to get global telling on the phone so I can receive collect calls from a loved one. A friend of mine told me I could go to a check cashing place and they would be able to put money on my phone so I could receive the call and they did, they took my money.... come to find out global telling aren't the ones who set everything up.... CORRECTIONAL BILLING SERVICES are.

I have their telephone number for any one who is interested 1-800-844-6591. You actually talk to a person and I could receive call the very same day!!!!!!!

TiffanyFL
06-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Actually that really depends on which facility your loved one is in, Global Tel Link (GTL) is no longer over certain prison facilities but still have contracts with numerous other prisons. CBS and Securus have taken over some of the facilities, which company you need to speak with regarding setting up an account really depends on the facility that your loved one is in.

Rule of thumb: if in doubt, call the prison to find out which phone company services them.

ps: You should (usually) get a phone call from the company that services that facility to inform you of whether or not you need to set up an account to recieve calls (after your loved one has tried to call you) AND that only happens if: 1) your local phone company doesn't process correctional calls or 2) if you go over the maximum dollar amount (typically $100) of phone calls you can get and you exceed that amount twice.

daisy may
06-07-2008, 05:02 PM
This varies by state because CBS handles the county jails whereas GTL handles the prisons.