View Full Version : Visitation denied!! HELP

Tan4Todd4Life
06-06-2008, 10:25 AM
I received my app back denied. Saying that quote " You may have been denied access to a corrections facility because of the possibility of an outstanding warrant for your arrest or an unfavorable criminal history record". I'm trying to figure out who I would call to resolve this issue. The only run-ins I've ever had with the law was for a ticket that is paid for. I've been calling the police dpt. only to get recordings. I can't think of anything else that would prevent me from visitation. That was all the info the correctional facility could give me. I'm very pissed off. Any advice is much appreciated. I already know to keep calling. I just don't know who I should be harassing! LOL Thank you

robs_angel
06-06-2008, 11:46 AM
I would try calling the prison visitation room.. they might tell you what/whom they use to run back ground checks..try explaining to them you have never gotten arrested etc...

if that doesnt woek i would call the police dept asking how o get a back ground check done yourself on yourself??

if you get no answers through those I would honestly call like legal aide and ask question or just a lawyer from the phone book and asking questions

best wishes

kim78
06-06-2008, 11:50 AM
you should be able to go to the police department and get a criminal history on yourself...call different P.D., as they can all charge different amounts for the service...The lowest in GA is $5

thugwife
06-06-2008, 07:27 PM
If you paid your fine you should have not been denied. If it was over a traffic violation you should NOT have got denied. I dont know where you are, but I have NEVER heard of a police department not having a human to answer the phone. You should be able to call your county clerks office to find out the info. It is highly unlikely if you call the PD they will tell you, you have a warrant. They are there to arrest you, nothing else, they dont have to tell you anything.

In my town they WILL NOT give any info out, I have called to see if my friends have warrants and they will not tell you. Reason: because if you have a warrant, then that would make it harder for them to catch you if you knew, RIGHT? You quoted that it say "You MAY have been denied, because of X. I would figure if you had a warrant that you didnt know about, they would have likely caught you by now. Call your county clerks office and tell them about it. Trust me the prison people are no help, UNLESS you talk to your mans/friends case worker, they will likely tell you before anyone else.

If that dont work and you are certain that you have no negative history, write the warden and explain to them, even though you usually never deal with them personally you will get a letter from his assistant, 9/10 they will grant you permission to visit, provided you are truthful. If they do send you a letter make sure you bring it to visit because you are flagged, I am flagged and have been for 8 years, I still bring my approval letter every visit. Because every now and then you get a new guard and they see my name flashing, so after driving a 100+ miles I dont want no b.s.

Anymore ??? pm me, I have been thru this several times and I can help you all I can

matlock_angela
07-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Check your background and for any current warrants online so you can print out the results. If you want send out for the results whichever you do take the results of both make several copies!!!!!!! Take them to the front desk, ask for the superviseing officer, give both the front desk and the superviseing officer the paperwork, ask for the warden's address there at the facility so you can mail a copy to him. If they say they will give him a copy fine but call later and get the address and mail the warden anyway, wait a few days and do it again. Hopefully, someone will send you through the right channells to take care of it. Keep doing it until you get something done about it or some real answers. DONT BE DISRESPECTFUL NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY, BUT DON'T LET THEM KEEP YOU FROM CONTINUEING TO TRY. Everytime you write the warden tell him who all you have left the copies of your information with so try to always get names and be sure you write them down in front of that person regardless if they are at the front desk, are the supervising officer, or just a gaurd in the room. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NtShadow
07-06-2008, 03:44 PM
In Arizona, we can check with the Sheriff's Dept. online to see if there are any outstanding warrants.

*RaymondzWifey*
07-07-2008, 08:59 PM
;)Don't trip,all you gotta do is go and get a DMV print out and go to the court in the area in which you have this "Warrant in" They play these games all the time with us loved ones.Dont let them get the best of you laugh in their faces show them their wrong...:angry:And this will piss them off even more. I guarantee this.I received my app back denied. Saying that quote " You may have been denied access to a corrections facility because of the possibility of an outstanding warrant for your arrest or an unfavorable criminal history record". I'm trying to figure out who I would call to resolve this issue. The only run-ins I've ever had with the law was for a ticket that is paid for. I've been calling the police dpt. only to get recordings. I can't think of anything else that would prevent me from visitation. That was all the info the correctional facility could give me. I'm very pissed off. Any advice is much appreciated. I already know to keep calling. I just don't know who I should be harassing! LOL Thank you

cece23
07-07-2008, 09:46 PM
YUP I AGREE WITH RAYMONDZWIFE.....YOU HAVE TO GET A COPY OF YOUR CRIMINAL RECORD SEND IT WITH THE APPLICATION. THEY SHOULDNT HAVE NO REASON TO DENY UOU IF YOUR CLEAR. YUP THEY CAN BE a**HOLES...LOL

livelife247
08-23-2008, 07:20 PM
what are some things you could be denied for?

joshswifey
08-23-2008, 08:53 PM
what are some things you could be denied for?

From what I know, there aren't any set or standard rules to denial. It depends on the jurisdiction and the rules at the facility. Every state has different rules as does every prison. Basically, they have the right to deny you for anything "unfavorable" (pending or previous charges) as visitation is considered a privledge vs. a right.

yasmin_navarro
08-30-2008, 03:01 AM
As A Minor I Had A Criminal Record.i Was On Probation And Got Off. Then I Tried To Sealed My Record But It Was Two Weeks Before My 18 Th Birthday And They Said To Come Back "till I Was 18.i Tried Visiting An Uncle In Prison And I Put I Didn't Have A Criminal Record In The Alication And They Denied My Visit And Could Not Re Apply Untill 6 Months Pass. Because I Lied About My Record. Now I'm 20 And My Boyfriend Just Got To Prison From Wayside (nccf)(pitches). And I'm Wondering If The Same Thing Is Going To Happen Or Should I Just Put That I Had A Criminal Record As A Minor.i'm Working On Sealing My Record Now, But Even If I Do Should I Still Put That I've Sealed My Juvenile Record? Another Thing I'm Also The Reason Why He Is In There.do You Think They Would Still Wrant My Visit?