View Full Version : My Baby Got His Furlough!!

j_v_g05
06-06-2008, 09:13 AM
he said he lied to me he didnt want me to kno then he found out i was calling his att. and getting info and figured he had to telll me before i got to find out myself lol !!!!! i am soo excitied ! he says he already signed papers and that all that needs done is the judge approving it... does that havent often??? he's never been in trouble... im soo excited !! just wanted to share the joy and see if you can share some furlough stories with me and lemme kno if the judge usually approves !!! thx = )

StarEyez33
06-06-2008, 09:22 AM
I have no idea what a "furlough" is but I will be more than happy to share in your joy. Congratulations to you both:thumbsup:

BabygirlNGary
06-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Congratulations! I'll be praying it goes through!!!! :)

DirksWifey
06-06-2008, 01:01 PM
What is furlough > ??

HisSoul
06-06-2008, 11:45 PM
Congradulations.. I hope everything goes well..

krackergrl
06-07-2008, 06:58 PM
i have no idea what that is, but if you're happy, YAY congrats!

mhisz.chadwick
06-07-2008, 07:25 PM
i have no idea what that is either, but your excited so i am too! congrats

NittysWife
06-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Don't know what it is but good luck with it!!!!

redhaired_dolly
06-07-2008, 07:57 PM
I didn't know anyone still did furloughs. I wish we could get one! Have fun!

Jillian
06-07-2008, 11:05 PM
furlough as he gets to leave the prison and come home?

asia31301
06-08-2008, 07:09 AM
yes thats what its suppose to be, he gets to come home maybe for a week or so then go back to the prison.

timsbaby41
06-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Why did he lie ?

lattelady
06-08-2008, 11:17 AM
<<Why did he lie ?>>
I am guessing he wanted to surprise her when he found out for sure.

Fuloughs are temporary leaves in the federal system, reserved (I think) just for guys in minimum security camps, with clean prison records, and with a short time left on their sentence. The purpose is to give them some "practice" being on the outside for 24 - 48 hours, reconnecting with family/loved ones.

JV, hope everything works out for your guy's furlough, and you have a nice time.

AriesMom
06-08-2008, 06:52 PM
They also give furloughs in State (in Florida) when they get to pre work release and work release. I believe they start at 4 hours and go to 8 hours and they get 1 per week. It's my understanding that they have to have an approved sponser and be at work release for a length of time before it gets approved.

JrBLaM
06-08-2008, 08:23 PM
They also give furloughs in State (in Florida) when they get to pre work release and work release. I believe they start at 4 hours and go to 8 hours and they get 1 per week. It's my understanding that they have to have an approved sponser and be at work release for a length of time before it gets approved.

My man is in Florida and we are waiting for the day he gets furlough! I have a few questions... you said they get them pre work release... like when? My man has been approved for work release we are just waiting for a bed to open up! Also, do you know anything about the sponsor, does it have to be a family member? thanks! :)

LeaAnn
06-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Congrats!

Frankiesbaby
06-09-2008, 09:22 AM
This sounds like the " Home Passes" that you may receive in NC. You must be within 12 months of release. When we started, we would get an 8 hour pass every week. Then it went up in increments 24, 48, and 72 hour passes. You had to give them a schedule of everything that you were doing. It was really helpful in preparing my husband for coming home, to get small doses of real life.

AriesMom
06-10-2008, 02:34 PM
My man is in Florida and we are waiting for the day he gets furlough! I have a few questions... you said they get them pre work release... like when? My man has been approved for work release we are just waiting for a bed to open up! Also, do you know anything about the sponsor, does it have to be a family member? thanks! :)

My daughter will be eligible for pre work release when she is 28 months of her EOS. I believe work release is somewhere around 15 months of EOS but I'm not certain. She was told by her CO at her review so if you have questions, you should contact your man's CO. I do think that the sponser has to be a parent or spouse but again-I'd ask the CO about that. Hope this helps.

robs_angel
06-10-2008, 03:30 PM
congrads!! Thats great news !

j_v_g05
06-10-2008, 11:19 PM
no no ladies he gets to go to a halfway house tfor the rest of his time BUT he does get passes to come home ur right!!!

thingstosay
06-11-2008, 12:11 PM
We just applied for one for my son. He was sentenced may 12,2008 his papaw is real sick so they might let him come home for 1 day to see him before he goes to prison., I will let you know how it goes.

mommaof5
06-11-2008, 12:31 PM
I hope he gets approval! My mom applied for a 12 hr furlough and was denied. The reason she requested it was so that she could be part of my Grandpa's 80th birthday celebration. They stated the reason being was because she had grown children and was established in the community pre incarceration. Now what that had to do with the price of beans you got me! Anyhow.. it was a big let down. We may have lost the battle, but not the war!

Ms. pooh
06-14-2008, 12:48 AM
I hope all goes well with his furlough.If so i will be very happy for the two of you and I am not going to lie I would be jealous as well,Indiana does not give furlough any more since the last time one was given the inmate killed his ex wife. And we really could use one now since our baby has stage four cancer. never the less I would be very happy for the two of you.

flforever322
06-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Thats great news! Thats funny how he had to tell you because you had almost discovered the surprise on your own:D

wemissyoudaddy
11-23-2008, 06:44 PM
does anyone know if the 35 days the judge has is regular days or bussiness days

LionessLove
11-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Wow, thats super hot!I am so happy for your joy.May I bask in it for a minute? I didn't know there was such a thing but I'm super optimistic saying my baby will be home everyday(even with a release date of 2016!-so far!).So I think your news is only delightful and an inspiration to us all!!!Come on conjugals.....hehe:)