View Full Version : Holding Mail?

Whit7564
06-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Although I am SO EXCITED because I got my FIRST letter since he has been in jail today, I am really frustrated because he wrote it on Memorial Day and the postmark said June 3. He said he mailed it on Tuesday or Wednesday after Memorial Day so that means it sat there for about a WEEK AND A HALF before being sent. I have been checking the mail everyday RELIGIOUSLY waiting on this letter, and even though Im glad it finally came--did it really have to take a week and a half to send!!!

Jillian
06-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Although I am SO EXCITED because I got my FIRST letter since he has been in jail today, I am really frustrated because he wrote it on Memorial Day and the postmark said June 3. He said he mailed it on Tuesday or Wednesday after Memorial Day so that means it sat there for about a WEEK AND A HALF before being sent. I have been checking the mail everyday RELIGIOUSLY waiting on this letter, and even though Im glad it finally came--did it really have to take a week and a half to send!!!

I understand your frustration, cause its the same way here! i hope you start getting your mail alot quicker

Waiting4Mike
06-05-2008, 11:46 PM
I understand your frustration as well. I paid $12.60 for overnight delivery for an envelope that would have cost me barely over a dollar for normal delivery, expecting my love to receive it on his last day at prison. I checked the post office website to verify it was in fact delivered, but... when I picked Mike up from the prison today, he said he did not get the letter. It will probably sit there for a week before they even send it back. Jerks.:mad:

VanessaFigueroa
06-06-2008, 12:10 AM
I feel the same way, but when I send him mail it takes longer...
I have a question I just found my baby is in the hole, it's been almost 1 week since I heard from him and I haven't received any mail from... I want to know how he is doing and of course the prison or his counsler will tell me, is it normal for it to take long to hear him, can he write me? Any info will help...
Smiles
Chapis in SD

whisky 23
06-06-2008, 04:44 AM
He can write if he is in the hole and it depends on the mail room how quick the letters get posted out.
I have had letters that get to me in a week and then other letters wrote on the same day can take 2-3 weeks to get to me.
I hope you hear from him soon.

whisky 23
06-06-2008, 04:47 AM
I feel the same way, but when I send him mail it takes longer...
I have a question I just found my baby is in the hole, it's been almost 1 week since I heard from him and I haven't received any mail from... I want to know how he is doing and of course the prison or his counsler will tell me, is it normal for it to take long to hear him, can he write me? Any info will help...
Smiles
Chapis in SD

When they get moved it sometimes takes a few days for them to get there property back so he may have to wait on that.
They take all there paper,enevelopes pens etc and they have to wait for it to be returned.It has happened to my pals a few times.
I would phone the prison if you are worried and she if you can chat to his counsellor and see how he is.
Keep your chin up and stay strong:D

EmJ
06-06-2008, 08:26 AM
I have the opposite problem. I posted a letter a week ago that still hasn't arrived, it's so frustrating as he thinks I'm angry with him and just not writing. What is going on in that mail room!!!!! lol

streetswifey
06-06-2008, 08:39 AM
i feel ya... letters are all we have and they take so long to get to each other! its def frustrating! my man says that he sends me more letters than i get! i wonder if im even gettin them all? can they just not send stuff?

LOWRYDERHYNA
06-07-2008, 12:03 AM
does the inmate take care of the mail or does the co's does that cuz i know one time a c/o had taken some pictures out and showed it to others at this prison but nothng was done to him but he got moved out of the mail room

whisky 23
06-07-2008, 02:29 PM
does the inmate take care of the mail or does the co's does that cuz i know one time a c/o had taken some pictures out and showed it to others at this prison but nothng was done to him but he got moved out of the mail room

that is so wrong.I am glad he was moved out of the mail room